PDA

View Full Version : Adios to the HAT

moonpie23
11-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Unc fires the hat !! (https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-dumps-fedora-hours-after-school-s-loss-to-nc-state-in-ot/18019307/)

arnie
11-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Unc fires the hat !! (https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-dumps-fedora-hours-after-school-s-loss-to-nc-state-in-ot/18019307/)

Bubba - the Hat showed up “in the midst of an NCAA case”. The frauds just can’t find the right words.

Pghdukie
11-25-2018, 11:19 AM
Gee, I hope they dont hire a good coach ! Adios Hat ! Maybe apply at Maryland. They deserve you.

chrishoke
11-25-2018, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately, I believe the cheaters will be able to hire a very good coach and we may be headed back to the bottom of the conference.

fuse
11-25-2018, 11:22 AM
Disappointed the Duke alumni bid to keep him in his job failed. 🤣

HereBeforeCoachK
11-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Unfortunately, I believe the cheaters will be able to hire a very good coach and we may be headed back to the bottom of the conference.

Yesterday the TV commentators before the Baylor - Texas Tech game said Tech might fire their coach if they lost to Baylor.....which they did. We don't need that.

PackMan97
11-25-2018, 11:30 AM
The only coach Carolina can hire is someone looking to move up, or someone forced to move down.

Carolina is not and will never be a destination football job. You guys are worried about a school that put a basketball player on their football uniform? LOLs!

Good luck to Carolina hiring someone after they gave Fedora the quick trigger...three years removed from a division championship and two division championships in seven years. Nothing says demanding like a school with no football history demanding to be relevant. Who do they think they are? Clemson? Bama? The Ohio State? lolololz

Dr. Rosenrosen
11-25-2018, 11:35 AM
The only coach Carolina can hire is someone looking to move up, or someone forced to move down.

Carolina is not and will never be a destination football job. You guys are worried about a school that put a basketball player on their football uniform? LOLs!

Good luck to Carolina hiring someone after they gave Fedora the quick trigger...three years removed from a division championship and two division championships in seven years. Nothing says demanding like a school with no football history demanding to be relevant. Who do they think they are? Clemson? Bama? The Ohio State? lolololz
If we remember that the Sheeps Club runs that “school” then it all makes sense.

chrishoke
11-25-2018, 11:39 AM
From ESPN:
"Among the top candidates to replace Fedora are Memphis' Mike Norvell (who worked with Cunningham at Tulsa), Troy's Neal Brown, Appalachian State's Scott Satterfield, North Texas' Seth Littrell (a former UNC offensive coordinator), Clemson co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott, Maryland interim coach Matt Canada, Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker and former Texas coach and current ESPN analyst Mack Brown (who coached at UNC from 1988 to '97)."

PackMan97
11-25-2018, 11:42 AM
I will say that without a doubt, this years Tarheel squad was the best 2 win team I have ever seen!

Faustus
11-25-2018, 11:44 AM
From ESPN:
"Among the top candidates to replace Fedora are Memphis' Mike Norvell (who worked with Cunningham at Tulsa), Troy's Neal Brown, Appalachian State's Scott Satterfield, North Texas' Seth Littrell (a former UNC offensive coordinator), Clemson co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott, Maryland interim coach Matt Canada, Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker and former Texas coach and current ESPN analyst Mack Brown (who coached at UNC from 1988 to '97)."

Bring back Mack Brown! I'm so tired of that whiny nasal voice on ESPN coverage.

TruBlu
11-25-2018, 11:45 AM
I will say that without a doubt, this years Tarheel squad was the best 2 win team I have ever seen!

Probably deserves a banner at Kennan.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-25-2018, 11:49 AM
From ESPN:

.....and now talk that Harbaugh may be in trouble at Michigan....but seriously, Norvell or Satterfield would probably be great choices. I hope they choose someone else.

duke2x
11-25-2018, 11:56 AM
....and now talk that Harbaugh may be in trouble at Michigan...but seriously, Norvell or Satterfield would probably be great choices. I hope they choose someone else.

Unless they become JUCO nation, which would be an improvement academically, they will have to win using the Fedora model for 2-3 years (i.e. win games 42-35 instead of lose them). I worry about Satterfield more because he might actually want the job more than a stepping stone.

hallcity
11-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Bring back Mack Brown! I'm so tired of that whiny nasal voice on ESPN coverage.

Be careful what you ask for. Brown can actually coach.

arnie
11-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Be careful what you ask for. Brown can actually coach.

I think you meant Mack Brown can recruit. Spurrier enjoyed coaching against Mr. Brown.

OldPhiKap
11-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Brown took a floundering football program and built a pretty formidable one. Spurrier was lucky to catch Brown when Brown first came, and Dick Crum left little behind on his way out of the dump. Texas didn’t hire Brown away because he sucked.

Put me very firmly in the “would hate to see him return” camp.

sagegrouse
11-25-2018, 01:42 PM
UNC has gone three straight seasons without beating a team from North Carolina; 0-7 record. The University of What State?? 0-3 against both Duke and State, and big loss to ECU this year.

The last two years the only wins were against Western Carolina (x2), Pitt (x2) and Old Dominion.

Devil549
11-25-2018, 01:43 PM
Hate it for Larry as he came in to a program in a cluster. Of course glad they have to pay him $12 million....they have some deep pockets in Chapel Thrill.

Neals384
11-25-2018, 01:45 PM
Implicated in cheating scandal? Pfft. Win only 2 games? That gets you fired. It's the Carolina Way.

devildeac
11-25-2018, 02:01 PM
From ESPN:

Petrino available?

He'd fit in well.

hallcity
11-25-2018, 03:01 PM
From Luke Decock (https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article222163070.html) at the N&O:

... And then it all slipped away. Midway through the 2016 season, the Tar Heels were 7-1, in the top 25 and potentially headed for a second straight ACC title game before losing 28-27 to Duke in Durham, the only Duke team in the past seven years not to go to a bowl game. Since that night, they are 2-16 in the ACC, losing three straight to both Duke and N.C. State and beating only one Power 5 team, period: Pittsburgh, twice. ...
Nice to know Duke had a key role in Fedora’s demise.

OldPhiKap
11-25-2018, 03:04 PM
From Luke Decock (https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article222163070.html) at the N&O:

... And then it all slipped away. Midway through the 2016 season, the Tar Heels were 7-1, in the top 25 and potentially headed for a second straight ACC title game before losing 28-27 to Duke in Durham, the only Duke team in the past seven years not to go to a bowl game. Since that night, they are 2-16 in the ACC, losing three straight to both Duke and N.C. State and beating only one Power 5 team, period: Pittsburgh, twice. ...
Nice to know Duke had a key role in Fedora’s demise.

We broke The Hat.

Green Wave Dukie
11-25-2018, 03:08 PM
We broke The Hat.

We capped off his time with the cheaters.

richardjackson199
11-25-2018, 03:13 PM
A classic NC beach music band said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8shdYfYUuY

...never win...
they always get it in the end

OldPhiKap
11-25-2018, 03:15 PM
We capped off his time with the cheaters.

He was not a bowler, that’s for sure.

Oh, and on behalf of all of us:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SEE YA!

jimsumner
11-25-2018, 03:20 PM
UNC has gone three straight seasons without beating a team from North Carolina; 0-7 record. The University of What State?? 0-3 against both Duke and State, and big loss to ECU this year.

The last two years the only wins were against Western Carolina (x2), Pitt (x2) and Old Dominion.

Would it be churlish of me to point out that Western Carolina is located in North Carolina?

Satterfield would worry me. A lot. The guy can coach.

devildeac
11-25-2018, 03:42 PM
Would it be churlish of me to point out that Western Carolina is located in North Carolina?

Ok, ok, Jim, you win. The cheats can raise a banner and fedora can give out rings and claim themselves as Champions of Cullowheeeeeeee!

;):rolleyes:

(maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas)

TruBlu
11-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Ok, ok, Jim, you win. The cheats can raise a banner and fedora can give out rings and claim themselves as Champions of Cullowheeeeeeee!

;):rolleyes:

(maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas)

And don’t forget the billboards.

sagegrouse
11-25-2018, 03:46 PM

My fault. I omitted the qualifier "FBS."

markbdevil
11-25-2018, 04:44 PM

And Satterfield is from this area, he graduated from Orange High School in Hillsborough.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-25-2018, 05:49 PM
satterfield would worry me. A lot. The guy can coach.

ex-act-ly! ^^

camion
11-25-2018, 06:44 PM

I have a dream, that next year's UNC team surpasses them as an even greater 2 win team. Or perhaps the greatest 1 win team ever. :o

MChambers
11-25-2018, 08:27 PM
$12 million for a hat? Gotta be the most expensive hat ever. According to this list, it is:

https://successstory.com/spendit/most-expensive-hats

Tripping William
11-26-2018, 09:25 AM
My iPhone just buzzed with a notification that Mack Brown is returning to coach the Heels. Didn't catch the exact source before the notification disappeared, so I don't have a link.