PDA

View Full Version : Heels Lose 92-89 to Texas

Devilwin
11-22-2018, 09:59 PM
Heels lose. Makes me feel better..lol

proelitedota
11-22-2018, 10:01 PM
9F

With that said, our loss was a quality loss. Theirs, not so much!

Both doesn't matter though.

BandAlum83
11-22-2018, 10:03 PM
So what? I don't care about UNC and feel no need to even keep apprised of what they do.

Devilwin
11-22-2018, 10:08 PM
So what? I don't care about UNC and feel no need to even keep apprised of what they do.

Well, good for you. I know lots of Heels fans and now they have to keep their ample mouths shut..

UrinalCake
11-22-2018, 10:10 PM
I guess those brutal road tests at Wofford and Elon didn’t adequately prepare them for facing a real team. Who knew?

BandAlum83
11-22-2018, 10:11 PM
Well, good for you. I know lots of Heels fans and now they have to keep their ample mouths shut..

UNC has only fans. They don't have diploma carrying alumni.

bullettoothtony
11-22-2018, 10:18 PM

Same here. The only time I watch them is when they play us. Wouldn't waste my time otherwise.

Devilwin
11-22-2018, 10:18 PM
UNC has only fans. They don't have diploma carrying alumni.

Sure they do. But they aren't worth very much..lol

OldPhiKap
11-22-2018, 10:24 PM
Shaka > Roy.

devildeac
11-22-2018, 11:33 PM
heels musta looked good :rolleyes:

Maybe gigolo will still keep them at #1.

PackMan97
11-23-2018, 12:09 AM
Exams are right around the corner for UNC. It's trying time for their program when they have to go to class AND try and play basketball.

dukelifer
11-23-2018, 05:13 AM

Heels fans had a lot to say about the Duke loss. Only bad part was that White exploded with 33- don’t need that young man to get too much confidence.

YmoBeThere
11-23-2018, 06:16 AM
So far, Shaka's stay in Austin has been a bit disappointing. But hey, the football team is winning again, so who cares?

Duke79UNLV77
11-23-2018, 06:31 AM
Heels fans had a lot to say about the Duke loss. Only bad part was that White exploded with 33- don’t need that young man to get too much confidence.

Could White become an early entry candidate? I’ve seen the knock is he does t have elite athleticism or size, but Ole Roy said White is his fastest guard since Lawson.

arnie
11-23-2018, 07:14 AM
heels musta looked good :rolleyes:

Maybe gigolo will still keep them at #1.

Yea I put my initial sarcastic Giglio post in the “I’m not going to Jinx it” thread. I think if the Heels beat UCLA tonight, he’ll keep Cheats ahead of the team that lost to Gonzaga. Coby White looked great until he got carried away with himself and air balled a 3.

OldPhiKap
11-23-2018, 07:21 AM
Bwa.

Ha.

Ha.

dukelifer
11-23-2018, 08:41 AM
Could White become an early entry candidate? I’ve seen the knock is he does t have elite athleticism or size, but Ole Roy said White is his fastest guard since Lawson.

I saw about 5 min of the game and it was way to fast for all the UNC starters but White. Even at that point- UNC was winning and I thought Texas did not have enough shooters and I turned it off. White plays fast and is unafraid to launch it. He is listed at 6’ 5” and whether that is mostly hair- he looked big as a pt guard on the court. So I think he could go pro if he has a number of these high scoring games in the league. I think he is legit.

UrinalCake
11-23-2018, 08:49 AM
At any other school in the country White would be a OAD, but Roy will find a way to hold him back. He's already tanked Little's draft stock so I'm sure he has a plan for how to do the same with White. Maybe he'll tell him that only teams that go to the final four get drafted. Maybe he'll arrange for a DUI right before the draft. Or maybe he'll just relegate him to the bench in favor of more experienced players.

Roy doesn't have any quality bigs, yet he continues to play two of them at a time while limiting Little's minutes and usage rate. Maye once again struggled against bigger/athletic defenders and Kenny Williams was a virtual no-show as well. If not for the monster game by White this would have been a comfortable win for Texas. Roach looked really good too, I remember him having a couple big dunks against us when we played last season, and he's developed a pretty nice shot too.

OldPhiKap
11-23-2018, 08:53 AM
At any other school in the country White would be a OAD, but Roy will find a way to hold him back. He's already tanked Little's draft stock so I'm sure he has a plan for how to do the same with White. Maybe he'll tell him that only teams that go to the final four get drafted. Maybe he'll arrange for a DUI right before the draft. Or maybe he'll just relegate him to the bench in favor of more experienced players.

“You May(e) have a great pro game and talent, but you haven’t fit into my system yet”

HereBeforeCoachK
11-23-2018, 09:02 AM
So far, Shaka's stay in Austin has been a bit disappointing.

Funny thing about how important it is for a coach and the university to be a good match. Shaka clearly can coach, and he clearly was a great fit for an underdog "chip on your shoulder" school like VCU....which maybe means he isn't a great fit for one of these mega big "empire" or "corporation" universities. Hard to play the "disrespect"card at Texas, or other such places. Charlie Strong was also a poor fit for Texas (and I'm not convinced he's that good of a coach to begin with). It didn't work.

Meanwhile, Coach K and now Cut are clearly very good fits at Duke, as well as being outstanding coaches.

Tripping William
11-23-2018, 09:30 AM
Think on this:

Sean May + Las Vegas buffet scene.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Think on this:

Sean May + Las Vegas buffet scene.

Calorie over/under at about 5700...

Tripping William
11-23-2018, 09:35 AM
Calorie over/under at about 5700...

Definitely taking the Over.

WakeDevil
11-23-2018, 09:46 AM

If you're not interested in the topic, why are you posting?

UrinalCake
11-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Fun quote from Kerwin Roach:

Last year when we lost a game to Duke like this, it was tears of sadness. Tonight, there are tears of happiness.

link (https://www.wralsportsfan.com/no-6-nevada-advances-to-las-vegas-invitational-game/18014450/)

richardjackson199
11-23-2018, 11:11 AM

Roy doesn't have any quality bigs, yet he continues to play two of them at a time while limiting Little's minutes and usage rate. Maye once again struggled against bigger/athletic defenders and Kenny Williams was a virtual no-show as well. If not for the monster game by White this would have been a comfortable win for Texas. Roach looked really good too, I remember him having a couple big dunks against us when we played last season, and he's developed a pretty nice shot too.

Roy is unbelievable in this regard. During the press conference after Texas they asked Roy about Little's baffling usage. Roy literally made comments that sounded like he was trying to tank Little's draft stock. Roy said something to the effect that Little was only a top 5 draft pick after the All-Star games because "nobody plays defense in those All Star games. Y'all know that." Roy then pointed out that Little's draft stock was not that high before the all-star games.

I'm convinced the only reason White got a chance to score 33 with 7-10 threes is that Seventh Woods was out with a concussion. Roy will probably find a way to play White no more than 20 minutes a game in favor of Woods to keep those scoring numbers down for White. Can't risk losing him after a year.

Yesterday, when I walked into 2 different Thanksgiving family gatherings with 2 different sides of family - literally the first thing some Duke-hating family wanted to talk to me about both times was the Gonzaga loss with a big smile on their face. So glad this happened. :)

richardjackson199
11-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Roy's plan is working, Little's tanking draft stock is right on schedule. 2 Mock Drafts:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/20/nba-mock-draft-2019-zion-williamson-rj-barrett-nassir-little-keldon-johnson

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Little was once thought to possibly go #1 ahead of all 3 of our freshmen studs. Now playing for Duke they are 1, 2, and 3. Little is behind all 3. Caveat: I don't think these mocks are considered to be from decent sources. I don't pay to see what Givony thinks, but that one is better.

But it's interesting that Tre Jones, playing for Duke has also moved his stock into the 2019 first round in one of these mocks. 2019 is a light draft for point guards, so it might be the best time for Tre to come out.

All the more reason Roy better be careful with Coby White. Dadgummit - has Seventh cleared that dadgum concussion protocol yet? Hubert, we can beat UCLA with Platek running the point, right?

Ima Facultiwyfe
11-23-2018, 12:31 PM
Not our rival -clap clap --- clap clap clap.

I want a worthy rival.
Love, Ima

BD80
11-23-2018, 12:36 PM
Not our rival -clap clap --- clap clap clap.

I want a worthy rival.
Love, Ima

A rival worthy of this year's squad? Sadly, Krypton exploded.

UrinalCake
11-23-2018, 06:29 PM
The CHeats did manage to regroup and knock off UCLA today. Can’t wait to see them hang a Third Place Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational banner up in the Dean dome (assuming they can find room among all those retired jerseys).

lotusland
11-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Texas looking strong against Sparty so far. I would rather see Texas fold like a cheap suit after beating the Cheats but they look legit.

devildeac
11-23-2018, 11:34 PM
Yea I put my initial sarcastic Giglio post in the “I’m not going to Jinx it” thread. I think if the Heels beat UCLA tonight, he’ll keep Cheats ahead of the team that lost to Gonzaga. Coby White looked great until he got carried away with himself and air balled a 3.

I think I noted that post along with several other related posts in different threads after I finished both threads and began to wonder if it was Groundhog Day for me. :o