PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. San Diego St (Nov 19, 2018)

JBDuke
11-19-2018, 10:26 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over San Diego State tonight?

Newton_14
11-19-2018, 11:04 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over San Diego State tonight?

I went with RJ but Tre is a very close 2nd for me. Cam gets the honorable mention award. Jack White get's the best in a supporting role award.

Hung 90 on those boys with minimal minutes from our stars and taking the foot off the gas with about 7 minutes to go. Just incredible offensive team who also want it badly on the defensive end as well. If they somehow grow into a great defensive team then just forget it, you are not going to deny them or beat them.

elvis14
11-19-2018, 11:40 PM
I went with Jack White for my ZOTM today. He played the most minutes and had a great overall effect on the game.

wilson
11-20-2018, 01:45 AM
I went with Jack White for my ZOTM today. He played the most minutes and had a great overall effect on the game.It's Basketball Dundee for me too. Jack has taken such a huge step forward in his overall play this year...he's a consistent offensive threat, spreading the opponent's defense even further for the elite offensive talent on this year's team, he defends capably, and he seems to be in the mix for every rebound and hustle play...he's much quicker and stronger than he might seem. I think he's really been a steadying presence for the team so far, and it's no mistake that he led the squad in minutes today. His contributions were very valuable.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-20-2018, 06:43 AM
It's Basketball Dundee for me too. Jack has taken such a huge step forward in his overall play this year...he's a consistent offensive threat, spreading the opponent's defense even further for the elite offensive talent on this year's team, he defends capably, and he seems to be in the mix for every rebound and hustle play...he's much quicker and stronger than he might seem. I think he's really been a steadying presence for the team so far, and it's no mistake that he led the squad in minutes today. His contributions were very valuable.

HAH, love the Basketball Dundee - we need to make that a "thing." As for MOTM, I went back and forth at times on Jack, RJ and Cam.....but I'll go Jack - but with warm fuzzy feelings about everybody.

devildeac
11-20-2018, 07:30 AM
I went with Jack White for my ZOTM today. He played the most minutes and had a great overall effect on the game.

Plus, he led Duke with 8 rebounds so he got my vote this AM.

wsb3
11-20-2018, 07:47 AM
I am being biased because Jack White is my favorite player. I have loved his work ethic and that he really wanted to come to Duke despite all the competition ahead of him for playing time. Watching him develop into a sixth starter...reminds me of how it use to be.

MChambers
11-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Plus, he led Duke with 8 rebounds so he got my vote this AM.

For the seaason, Basketball Dundee is second on team in rebounding! Raise your hand if you expected that.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-20-2018, 10:10 AM
For the seaason, Basketball Dundee is second on team in rebounding! Raise your hand if you expected that.

I did not expect that, but I didn't expect as many minutes for him. Frankly, one of the exciting things about this team is how it appears they will develop a bit more depth. Coach K at the presser last night mentioned putting more emphasis on role players this season. That's not a total proclamation of using deeper rotation, but it smacks of it....

jv001
11-20-2018, 10:20 AM
It was a hard vote for me. Captain Jack played another great game off the bench with 12 points and 8 rebounds. He also led the team in minutes(28). Cam really played well with 16 points on 6-10 shooting(2-5 on 3s) and he showed some aggressive moves to the hoop. RJ really got us going in the first half when we had foul problems. He lead the team with 20 points(5-14, 3-6 from 3, and hit 7-9 of his FTs. But my vote went to Tre for his good shooting night(14 points). He was 6-7 from the field and 2-2 on his 3s. He is the first true point guard since his brother Tyus. He gets the team into the offensive sets and plays great on the ball defense.
GoDuke!

Reddevil
11-20-2018, 10:39 AM
Crikey! I went with the stat stuffer - Jack. I think he got the most out of his abilities. Not a knock at all. The freshmen are just incredibly talented, and we have watched jack progress over the years from what we used to see as freshmen to a solid upperclassman. He is a difference maker in all facets.

DukieInBrasil
11-20-2018, 02:35 PM
for the first time this year, i went with RJ. Not good from the floor, but good FTs and good 3 FGs. Also, led the team in assists. He just barely edged out Cam for me, since came shot well from the floor, but he didn't have many assists or rebs. Zion's 5 steals was highly impressive too.