PDA

View Full Version : FB: ACC Week 12

Bob Green
11-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Here are this week's non-Duke ACC games:

12:00 - Pittsburgh at Wake Forest (ACCNE)
12:20 - N.C. State at Louisville (ACCNE)
2:30 - #12 Syracuse at #3 Notre Dame (NBC)
3:00 - Western Carolina at North Carolina (ACCNE)
3:30 - #20 Boston College at Florida State (ESPN2)
3:30 - Virginia at Georgia Tech (ACCNE)
3:30 - Miami at Virginia Tech (ACCNE)

Wake Forest and Miami can secure bowl game eligibility with a win.

CameronBornAndBred
11-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Here are this week's non-Duke ACC games:

12:00 - Pittsburgh at Wake Forest (ACCNE)
12:20 - N.C. State at Louisville (ACCNE)
2:30 - #12 Syracuse at #3 Notre Dame (NBC)
3:00 - Western Carolina at North Carolina (ACCNE)
3:30 - #20 Boston College at Florida State (ESPN2)
3:30 - Virginia at Georgia Tech (ACCNE)
3:30 - Miami at Virginia Tech (ACCNE)

Wake Forest and Miami can secure bowl game eligibility with a win.

WCU has a record of 3-7. The cheaters have a chance at victory!

PS...Go Wake

OldPhiKap
11-16-2018, 02:39 PM
WCU has a record of 3-7. The cheaters have a chance at victory!

UNC is a 31 point favorite. OF course, weren't they favored by 28 or so over ECU?

wilson
11-16-2018, 02:44 PM
Anybody else rooting hard for Syracuse this weekend? I have no use for Notre Dame, and on other occasions on which they've made their way into major bowls in recent years, they've generally gotten their [fannies] handed to them.
I think the Orange have a very real chance this weekend, and I'd rather see Michigan in the CFP...not that it matters, since Alabama has mooted the whole process.

CameronBornAndBred
11-16-2018, 02:49 PM
Anybody else rooting hard for Syracuse this weekend? I have no use for Notre Dame, and on other occasions on which they've made their way into major bowls in recent years, they've generally gotten their [fannies] handed to them.
I think the Orange have a very real chance this weekend, and I'd rather see Michigan in the CFP...not that it matters, since Alabama has mooted the whole process.

Yep. I pull for ACC teams in non-conference matchups. (baby blues excluded of course.)

TruBlu
11-16-2018, 02:57 PM
I’m back to having two teams to pull for this weekend. Last weekend I only had one, cause we were playing the cheats.

Go Duke!

Go WCU!

HereBeforeCoachK
11-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Yep. I pull for ACC teams in non-conference matchups. (baby blues excluded of course.)

I can remember when almost everybody did that, especially in basketball, and I'm far from the oldest one here. It was the Cheats who ruined it....they simply could not accept that K was building a program that was passing them by.....they thought with Dean's Myth that they would be kings forever (minus an odd run by Norm Sloan or Lefty....).

Now Duke hate is a national affliction.....mostly from idiots who can't put two coherent syllables together as to why they hate Duke...

killerleft
11-17-2018, 11:16 AM
I, too, do not like Notre Dame. They're constantly overrated. How long will the Irish reap the benefits of an illustrious past? Forever, I guess. Go Orange.

CameronWade
11-17-2018, 12:15 PM
I, too, do not like Notre Dame. They're constantly overrated. How long will the Irish reap the benefits of an illustrious past? Forever, I guess. Go Orange.

Count me as another person rooting for Syracuse today as I also dislike Notre Dame. It really bothers me that they reap all the benefits of conference affiliation in everything but football without sharing any of their football revenue with the conference. Yeah, I understand that their deal with the ACC requires them to play something like 5 ACC schools each year, but it still really bothers me that we made this deal.

The only ACC school that should get special treatment is the “school” from Chapel Hill, and they’ve certainly earned it.

AGDukesky
11-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Definitely pulling for Syracuse especially since Notre Dame remains out of the ACC.

So a Pitt win combined with a Virginia loss would make Pitt the Coastal champs...

75Crazie
11-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Doesn't Pitt clinch the championship game with a win today, regardless of what UVA does, because of their head-to-head win?

Bob Green
11-17-2018, 02:23 PM
Doesn't Pitt clinch the championship game with a win today, regardless of what UVA does, because of their head-to-head win?

Yes, and Pitt is up on Wake 20-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

PackMan97
11-17-2018, 02:59 PM
State pulling away from the cards 38-3 to start the 4th

Bob Green
11-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Final: Pitt 34, Wake Forest 13. The 5-6 Demon Deacons will be looking for win #6 and bowl eligibility next week at Wallace Wade Stadium. Duke will need to be ready to take care of business.

OldPhiKap
11-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Final: Pitt 34, Wake Forest 13. The 5-6 Demon Deacons will be looking for win #6 and bowl eligibility next week at Wallace Wade Stadium. Duke will need to be ready to take care of business.

Hate this result for several reasons. Mainly, as you say, they are coming to Wally Wade in a must-win game.

(Which we did to them last year in W-S).

chrishoke
11-17-2018, 03:16 PM
Western Carolina jumps ahead of the heels 7-0.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Hate this result for several reasons. Mainly, as you say, they are coming to Wally Wade in a must-win game.

(Which we did to them last year in W-S).

Exactly - what's interesting is that Wake must have sold out to stop the run. Pitt averaged only 3.3 per carry today....but had a ton of passing yards. Probably going to have to light it up with the pass against them....

BTW, with Wake in the Atlantic Division, how is it we play them every year? (or does it just seem like we do)

Acymetric
11-17-2018, 03:29 PM
Exactly - what's interesting is that Wake must have sold out to stop the run. Pitt averaged only 3.3 per carry today...but had a ton of passing yards. Probably going to have to light it up with the pass against them...

BTW, with Wake in the Atlantic Division, how is it we play them every year? (or does it just seem like we do)

Wake is our permanent cross-over partner, so we do play them every year.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-17-2018, 03:30 PM
Wake is our permanent cross-over partner, so we do play them every year.

Ah, thanks.....meanwhile, we never ever see NC State.....not sure I like this "perm cross" program.....

Acymetric
11-17-2018, 03:32 PM
unc goes for (and recovers) an early onside kick in an effort to pull off the upset over Western Carolina!

Bob Green
11-17-2018, 03:35 PM
Ah, thanks....meanwhile, we never ever see NC State....

We see State as often as we see Clemson, FSU, Syracuse, Boston College and Louisville.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-17-2018, 03:40 PM
We see State as often as we see Clemson, FSU, Syracuse, Boston College and Louisville.

OH I understand that.....but for a team 20 miles away, it's not often. Many of us grew up going to Duke State games in both venues. Not so with any of those others...

75Crazie
11-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Time to resurrect the old "play State as a non-conference game" thread.

richardjackson199
11-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Bryce Perkins hurt bad in the UVA Georgia Tech game. That stinks. I hope he recovers ok

Bob Green
11-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Bryce Perkins hurt bad in the UVA Georgia Tech game. That stinks. I hope he recovers ok

Perkins has his helmet back on and is warming up on the sidelines. It appears he is ok.

loran16
11-17-2018, 04:56 PM
Cuse's QB Dungey is out of the game with a serious looking injury, and the Cuse Offense has been unable to do anything without him. Notre Dame cruising to the Playoff right now.

chrishoke
11-17-2018, 04:57 PM
Perkins only sat out one series. He has scored again and UVA leads 21-16 at half.

jimsumner
11-17-2018, 06:40 PM
Ah, thanks...meanwhile, we never ever see NC State...not sure I like this "perm cross" program...

UNC is NC State's permanent crossover opponent. I'm sure they'd prefer to keep that.

The problem stems from the decision to divide the Big Four schools, two in the Atlantic Division, two in the Coastal.

And what has happened to the Hokies? The Duke game was the only decent game they've played in months. That looks more and more like one Duke let get away.

CrazyNotCrazie
11-17-2018, 09:42 PM
Someone please remind me who we were rooting for this weekend to optimize our bowl positioning?

HereBeforeCoachK
11-17-2018, 10:17 PM
UNC is NC State's permanent crossover opponent. I'm sure they'd prefer to keep that.

The problem stems from the decision to divide the Big Four schools, two in the Atlantic Division, two in the Coastal.

And what has happened to the Hokies? The Duke game was the only decent game they've played in months. That looks more and more like one Duke let get away.

Yes, I understand that UNC and NCS will be the permanent cross overs.....and should be....just like Duke and UNC will always play home and home in hoops.....(which helps UVa win reg seasons until they crash and burn annually in the NCAAT.).

Still weird not to play State. It's been suggested that they should play each other, in a "non conference" game...not a terrible idea.

PackMan97
11-17-2018, 10:36 PM
As a state fan, I want no part of Duke football. Thanks, but no thanks. You guys may want badly to beat us, but I assure you we do not want to get beaten by Duke. :)

Son of Jarhead
11-18-2018, 12:40 AM
As a Catamount, I would have LOVED to see my Cats beat the Cheats, but the game went how I expected it might. WCU has struggled some this year. We started off 3-0 but haven't won since, but we have put up lots of points. The Cheats can score points too, but their defense can't stop anybody, and neither can the Cats, so the final score of 49-26 is right on considering the FBS/FCS difference. We beat the spread though, we don't cheat, and... our campus is in a damn beautiful setting!

jv001
11-19-2018, 10:08 AM
As a Catamount, I would have LOVED to see my Cats beat the Cheats, but the game went how I expected it might. WCU has struggled some this year. We started off 3-0 but haven't won since, but we have put up lots of points. The Cheats can score points too, but their defense can't stop anybody, and neither can the Cats, so the final score of 49-26 is right on considering the FBS/FCS difference. We beat the spread though, we don't cheat, and... our campus is in a damn beautiful setting!
Beautiful Cullowhee, NC. Our God-daughter had to choose between Western Carolina and UNC-Charotte(not the cheats). She chose the 49rs. Mostly because her boyfriend is going to college there and she like the nursing school. Like I said Cullowhee is a beautiful place. GoDuke!

UVa1981
11-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Now Duke hate is a national affliction....mostly from idiots who can't put two coherent syllables together as to why they hate Duke...

I'm somewhat mystified at the antipathy Duke prompts in some quarters. I guess it's a matter of too much success and too many top-10 recruits.

That said, I much more enjoyed watching Duke play basketball in the 1980s and 1990s when Krzyzewski's players stuck around for 4 years and played good team ball. Particularly on defense. In fact, though fans of some teams were put off by it, I like seeing Wojciechowski slap the floor to stir the team up for some good hard defense.

To be sure, your four freshmen are marvelous athletes, who'll produce ooh and aah moments. But it was your teams from the '80s and '90s that ran like well-oiled machines.