PDA

View Full Version : The worst cheap shot...

JasonEvans
11-14-2018, 03:31 PM
...you will ever see.

Happens :20 into this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWcrJ18yjok

The player delivering the elbow is Fitchburg State's Kewan Platt. He has been suspended from the team and barred him from even coming on campus (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25275935/fitchburg-state-suspends-kewan-platt-dirty-play-bars-campus).

-Jason "I think assault charges should be filed" Evans

DukeFanSince1990
11-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Calm down, its not like he tripped him.

BD80
11-14-2018, 03:36 PM
Calm down, its not like he tripped him.

If that had been Grayson shooting, the call would have been a flagrant offensive foul.

niveklaen
11-14-2018, 03:40 PM
clearly a flop - probably watched a bunch of tape of battier.

left_hook_lacey
11-14-2018, 03:41 PM
I'd love to see this whole game to see if there was prior activities that lead up to this. You would have to think something happened earlier in the game for someone to lose their head like that. Either way, appropriate action was taken by the team and by the school. That kid should be checked for concussion, looks like he banged his face on the floor after the elbow.

Update: Read the ESPN article. It said the player had been guarded closely all game and was visibly frustrated from the close defense. He had already gotten a technical foul earlier in the game.

CrazyNotCrazie
11-14-2018, 03:49 PM
I'd love to see this whole game to see if there was prior activities that lead up to this. You would have to think something happened earlier in the game for someone to lose their head like that. Either way, appropriate action was taken by the team and by the school. That kid should be checked for concussion, looks like he banged his face on the floor after the elbow.

I'm assuming that if he was provoked in any way he would not have been kicked off campus - that is a pretty harsh penalty.

You can probably get your hands on the recording of the full game, and if you watch it, you will likely be the first person ever to watch a recording of a Fitchburg State vs. Nichols game - this is a big moment for the guy who was announcing the game, who is likely used to speaking to an audience of friends and family members.

Acymetric
11-14-2018, 03:57 PM

Update: Read the ESPN article. It said the player had been guarded closely all game and was visibly frustrated from the close defense. He had already gotten a technical foul earlier in the game.

This was exactly my thought too. I would want to see the "close defense" myself to see if there was anything chippy about it.

FerryFor50
11-14-2018, 04:05 PM
This was exactly my thought too. I would want to see the "close defense" myself to see if there was anything chippy about it.

The play immediately before that, the Nicholls player slapped the Fitchburg's player's arm on the shot and he complained about no call. That likely was what set him over the edge.

BigWayne
11-14-2018, 06:10 PM
The play immediately before that, the Nicholls player slapped the Fitchburg's player's arm on the shot and he complained about no call. That likely was what set him over the edge.

Maybe he did get fouled, but it was not much of a foul. Certainly nothing to warrant the flagrant reaction.

mattman91
11-14-2018, 06:16 PM
Well, at least he hit the shot.

TruBlu
11-14-2018, 06:17 PM
Maybe he did get fouled, but it was not much of a foul. Certainly nothing to warrant the flagrant reaction.

Hopefully, he will get some anger management counseling. If not, we might be seeing more of him on the 11 o’clock news.

And in extreme assaults like these at sporting events, criminal charges should be brought. If I were on a jury and saw this video, I know what my vote would be.

OldPhiKap
11-14-2018, 06:29 PM

It would have been a foul against Alabama football player in the ‘60’s but not against an NBA player in five years. Or something like that.

kako
11-14-2018, 06:56 PM
That was pretty bad. But if you think this is the worst cheap shot, you haven't watched enough hockey.

9F

gep
11-14-2018, 10:50 PM
I heard on the radio this afternoon that the player that threw the elbow... his major is criminal justice?

brlftz
11-14-2018, 11:56 PM
If that had been Grayson shooting, the call would have been a flagrant offensive foul.

also, Daniel Ewing just picked up the tech

ricks68
11-15-2018, 01:25 AM
Methinks the Chris Paul punch to Julius Hodge's "groin" was certainly more "dirty".

ricks

BD80
11-15-2018, 06:12 AM

Didn't want to be the first to mention this, because clearly nothing would "deserve" this response. However, the carriage of the kid that got fouled reminded me very much of Wojo when he was playing. There was a long line of players who wanted to hit Wojo like that.

Devilwin
11-15-2018, 06:16 AM
With my Irish temper, I know what I would have done....:mad:

BD80
11-15-2018, 06:19 AM
With my Irish temper, I know what I would have done...:mad:

Challenged him to a drinking contest and left him like this?

Devilwin
11-15-2018, 06:38 AM
Pretty much, yeah..lol

Newton_14
11-15-2018, 08:36 AM

I think he was visibly frustrated by that air ball from 3 he had just jacked up that missed the rim by about 5 feet to the left. :cool:

Mark "Just a bit outside" Newton

KenTankerous
11-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Hit the shot and stayed in the game! Bad mamba gamba, like Gerald Henderson when he got his elbow smashed by that UNC clown.

Devilwin
11-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Hit the shot and stayed in the game! Bad mamba gamba, like Gerald Henderson when he got his elbow smashed by that UNC clown.

Very good..lol