PDA

View Full Version : Convention we can live with

53n206
11-11-2018, 11:38 AM
It seems we have terms to describe the team that dresses in puke blue. puke blue (no caps on purpose) seems to be an accepted description so let's stay with it. "Lying Cheating Scumbags" was recently used. I like "dirty lying cheaters" personally. For convenience I think we should choose one term to describe the athletic teams of that school and stick with it, that way we can use abbreviations (all they deserve are abbreviations) And remember to never capitalize, even when starting a sentence. "dlc unable to get any commits to their basketball team for 2019" would be a good example.

22JumpShots
11-11-2018, 11:58 AM
It seems we have terms to describe the team that dresses in puke blue. puke blue (no caps on purpose) seems to be an accepted description so let's stay with it. "Lying Cheating Scumbags" was recently used. I like "dirty lying cheaters" personally. For convenience I think we should choose one term to describe the athletic teams of that school and stick with it, that way we can use abbreviations (all they deserve are abbreviations) And remember to never capitalize, even when starting a sentence. "dlc unable to get any commits to their basketball team for 2019" would be a good example.

by this logic i think you are giving them to much credit as an relevant existing entity. of course they exist, but when i talk basketball to fans of that side....i usually only discuss other teams (alot of of times just general Wofford news lol) and when they try to talk about their poop-blue team i usually just laugh under the my breath and give them "okay back to the real discussion" look. of course if they bring it up, i simply say the school cheated and is honestly not legit imo until they accept consequences and repent. i think it stings them more as actions speak louder than words. anyone's biggest fear (or one of the top ones) in regards to sports teams should be lack of relevance. cheating for 20 years was horrible. the failure to own up to it, accept it, and try to move on rather than flat out denying it is worse in my opinion. it happened.... and calling the cheating "fake news", to me, makes them no longer relevant in discussion.

to answer you though....i personally like xnc .... even XNC is okay because our state initials can be capitalized ... and the X just means nothing there ;)

Edit - I did just scroll down the thread-catalog page and saw Jason Evans's post about the football game. That title (L.C.S.) is pretty funny when you see it written like that hahahaha.

75Crazie
11-11-2018, 12:15 PM
and when they try to talk about their poop-blue team i usually just laugh under the my breath and give them "okay back to the real discussion" look. of course if they bring it up, i simply say the school cheated and is honestly not legit imo until they accept consequences and repent.
I think you've hit on one of the best ways of handling such conversations. I'm living in an area where 'UNC' references the University of Northern Colorado, but when/if I do get back to the backwaters of Heeldom I will strive to emulate that method.

to answer you though...i personally like xnc ... even XNC is okay because our state initials can be capitalized ... and the X just means nothing there
I've been using 'uNC', to try to emphasize the lack of 'U' there … 'xNC' might be even better, indicating we just don't know what the heck that institution really is anymore.

Indoor66
11-11-2018, 12:37 PM
unCheat

OldPhiKap
11-11-2018, 12:46 PM
The mods will need to suspend the wanker-filter for me to provide my suggestions.

I therefore tend to go with lying, cheating, scheming, thieving weasel-bastards (“LCSTW-B”). Wordy, but accurate.

DU82
11-11-2018, 01:11 PM
The mods will need to suspend the wanker-filter for me to provide my suggestions.

I therefore tend to go with lying, cheating, scheming, thieving weasel-bastards (“LCSTW-B”). Wordy, but accurate.

Evil, cheating smurfs.

devildeac
11-11-2018, 01:32 PM
I think you've hit on one of the best ways of handling such conversations. I'm living in an area where 'UNC' references the University of Northern Colorado, but when/if I do get back to the backwaters of Heeldom I will strive to emulate that method.

I've been using 'uNC', to try to emphasize the lack of 'U' there … 'xNC' might be even better, indicating we just don't know what the heck that institution really is anymore.

I've used "u"nc frequently, plus a lot of other expressions NSFW and/or NSFDBR. :o

HereBeforeCoachK
11-11-2018, 03:47 PM
It seems we have terms to describe the team that dresses in puke blue. .

...you mean Citadel? Columbia? Johns Hopkins? Who else wears puke blue again?

weezie
11-11-2018, 04:03 PM
^^^ u of rhode island wears a faint blue

toughbuff1
11-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Fake University of North Carolina. FUNC for short.

-jk
11-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Fake University of North Carolina. FUNC for short.

I may still have a couple of those balloons from '86, or maybe DU82 does...

-jk

Reilly
11-11-2018, 10:39 PM
... plus a lot of other expressions NSFW and/or NSFDBR. :o

I thought W *was* DBR -- no? Well then who's been sending me these checks all these years?

OldPhiKap
11-11-2018, 10:50 PM
I thought W *was* DBR -- no? Well then who's been sending me these checks all these years?

“Will post for Sporkz”

PackMan97
11-11-2018, 10:59 PM
Evil, cheating smurfs.

I have thought for a very long time that Gargamel was one of the most misunderstood heroes of our time.

As for what to refer to those cheaters in Chapel Hill, I try to go for a simple, UNC-CHeat. Or simply Cheaters. I try never to refer to them as [censored] or [censored] or even [censored].