PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Duke player Final Four predictions?

Lord Ash
10-30-2007, 10:55 AM
I think Battier, Hill, JWill and Bobby.

Battier/Hill is a BRUISER of a fight. I think Bobby will defeat JWill.

Maybe Battier/Bobby finals?

OZZIE4DUKE
10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
I think Battier, Hill, JWill and Bobby.

Battier/Hill is a BRUISER of a fight. I think Bobby will defeat JWill.

Maybe Battier/Bobby finals?

No mention of Christian Laettner in the final four? THAT is his territory!

Lord Ash
10-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, remember the bracket:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pH3kFkBPtbf-48Vop1vmdLA

He has to beat Grant Hill to get there, and I just don't think that will happen. After all, this is favorite, not greatest. :D

blazindw
10-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Just lookin at the bracket, I couldn't predict who wins. But I'll give you my prediction (if you can call it one): Battier, Hill, Hurley (in a close one over JD), JWill.

JWill-Battier final...don't ask me to decide this one yet.

elvis14
10-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Final Four:
J-Will vs Hurley
GHill vs Shane

Finals:
Shane vs. Hurley

Champ:
Shane

Note, this is a prediction of what I think may happen with the vote NOT what I want to happen.

phaedrus
10-30-2007, 03:57 PM
I'd say that Duke's all-time leading scorer could surprise some people, but not against Battier.

I think the winner of Battier/Hill (my top two) takes it over JWill in the final.

micah75
10-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Shane may very well win this whole shebang. For me though, Hurley is my fave. He made a name as a freshman PG leading his team to the Final Four and then losing by 30 to UNLV in the NC game while taking frequent breaks to the locker room to... well, throw up, due to some sort of stomach virus. He vowed to win it all the next season. Sho nuff, in '91 he clocked undefeated UNLV just as he said he would. Then led the repeat in '92 in which he wore a T-shirt before the NC game vs the Fab Five reading "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?" Gotta love it. I used to refer to his tenure at Duke as "The Bobby Hurley Show." And indeed, what a show it was.

johnb
10-30-2007, 04:58 PM
One advantage to age is that it deepens the stuff that you can do to be a favorite. Dawkins--possibly the most important recruit, player, AND asst coach in the history of the program--should beat Battier in the finals.

mr. synellinden
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
That to me is as tough a choice as Hill - Laettner. Those two matchups should end in ties.

I think Battier will defeat Redick (title vs. no title) but it will be somewhat close and I think JWill will beat GMan easily.

So Battier and JWill are locks. I the other two final 8 matchups, I'll go with Dawkins (I think there are enough pre-91ers here to get Dawkins through) and Hill (in what could be decided by less than 5 votes - how can Laettner lose? He hit THE SHOT!)

devildeac
10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Shane may very well win this whole shebang. For me though, Hurley is my fave. He made a name as a freshman PG leading his team to the Final Four and then losing by 30 to UNLV in the NC game while taking frequent breaks to the locker room to... well, throw up, due to some sort of stomach virus. He vowed to win it all the next season. Sho nuff, in '91 he clocked undefeated UNLV just as he said he would. Then led the repeat in '92 in which he wore a T-shirt before the NC game vs the Fab Five reading "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?" Gotta love it. I used to refer to his tenure at Duke as "The Bobby Hurley Show." And indeed, what a show it was.

Minor correction:

Front of t-shirt, left upper chest: "You can talk the game, but can you play the game?"

Back of shirt: DUKE(BIG bold letters) above Blue Devil logo which is above WE CAN PLAY (smaller bold letters)

How do I remember? I don't-I simply went to my t-shirt drawer and pulled it out and admired it 1 more time(out of the HUNDREDS of times I have worn it). Yes, it is 15 years old and very tattered and worn but it is still among one of my very favorite Duke shirts(along with the caricature of el deano on the front of a t-shirt with the words "I wanna be like Mike"-after K won his 2nd championship when deano only had one).

lavell12
10-30-2007, 06:43 PM
I think JJ will make it to the final four and it will be either him or Shane who wins it all.

Karl Beem
10-31-2007, 03:47 PM
My FF is Ferry over Hurley, JD over Laettner. JD over Ferry.

elvis14
10-31-2007, 04:05 PM
My FF is Ferry over Hurley, JD over Laettner. JD over Ferry.

That's not possible since Ferry already got killed by JWill and is no longer in the running and JD isn't in Laettner's bracket. JD will have to get by Hurley and the JWill/Gminski winner to make the finals. On the other side of the bracket it looks like it'll soon be down to Laettner/Hill/Battier/JJ.

speedevil
10-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Final 4: Grant Hill, JWill, Battier, and Laettner.

Grant Hill #1

phaedrus
10-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Final 4: Grant Hill, JWill, Battier, and Laettner.

Grant Hill #1

Hill and Laettner "play" in the Great 8. The fourth spot will be the winner of Hurley/Dawkins.

The link to the bracket is above.

VaDukie
10-31-2007, 04:23 PM
dawkins, jwill, battier, hill

battier over dawkins in final.

Karl Beem
10-31-2007, 04:47 PM
That's not possible since Ferry already got killed by JWill and is no longer in the running and JD isn't in Laettner's bracket. JD will have to get by Hurley and the JWill/Gminski winner to make the finals. On the other side of the bracket it looks like it'll soon be down to Laettner/Hill/Battier/JJ.

It's my FF from the beginning, not a prediction.

speedevil
10-31-2007, 06:06 PM
jwill vs. dawkins, ill take jwill because i never seen dawkins play, plus jwill a player of the year and champion.
hill vs. battier , this has to be the hardest to pick, but ill take hill, my all time favorite bluedevil.

Hill over JWill.

Fish80
10-31-2007, 09:15 PM
jwill vs. dawkins, ill take jwill because i never seen dawkins play, plus jwill a player of the year and champion.
hill vs. battier , this has to be the hardest to pick, but ill take hill, my all time favorite bluedevil.

Hill over JWill.

Dawkins over JWill
Battier over Hill

Final
Battier over Dawkins

But when it comes time to vote in the Battier - Hill semi final, I will have to bifucate myself and cast a vote for each.

Bifurcate sounds kind of naughty. Hope the Lords of The Board don't castigate me for accidental lewdness.

mgtr
11-01-2007, 10:12 AM
But when it comes time to vote in the Battier - Hill semi final, I will have to bifucate myself and cast a vote for each.

Bifurcating in public in illegal in North Carolina. We don't much go for yankee ways down here!

Seriously, it is really hard to vote against any of the top 16 players in this poll.

Fish80
11-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Bifurcating in public in illegal in North Carolina. We don't much go for yankee ways down here!

Seriously, it is really hard to vote against any of the top 16 players in this poll.

I thought bifurcation was a time honored southern tradition. I learned my best bifurcation techniques while in Durham!

mgtr
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I thought bifurcation was a time honored southern tradition. I learned my best bifurcation techniques while in Durham!

Ah, now, are you equating "Durham" and "public?"