PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast #134 - KENTUCKY BEATDOWN!!

JasonEvans
11-07-2018, 01:33 AM
https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/dbr-podcast-134-kentucky-beatdown

There will be no timecodes. The only timecode is:
0:00 - end: Duke whups Kentucky every which way they can. Sam, Jason, and Donald spend a half hour laughing about it. What more needs to be said?

-Jason "Yes, I know it is technically pod #133.. but Sam was drunk and he called it pod #134 many times and I could not bear to correct him. Let's just say we skipped #133 in honor of the best ONE to ever wear #33, Grant Hill" Evans

subzero02
11-07-2018, 02:04 AM

0:00 - end: Duke whups Kentucky every which way they can. Sam, Jason, and Donald spend a half hour laughing about it. What more needs to be said?

-Jason "Yes, I know it is technically pod #133.. but Sam was drunk and he called it pod #134 many times and I could not bear to correct him. Let's just say we skipped #133 in honor of the best ONE to ever wear #33, Grant Hill" Evans

I was about to go to sleep... thanks. Now I have to relive one of the most entertaining games in Duke history

DukeDevil
11-07-2018, 06:15 AM
“Jason, you’re the only one who has historical perspective here”
Damn son, that’s the slyest way I’ve heard someone called old. Why you gotta do Jason like that?

BandAlum83
11-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Interesting that you brought up the Final Four game where UNLV dismantled us. I actually thought of that game as I was watching last night. I was wondering if UK fans were feeling like I did back in 1990.

Then I realized that they probably felt worse. As bad as the UNLV game was, I remember having glimmers of hope every so often when Duke made mini-runs. Last night, UK fans saw nothing but desolation, darkness and despair.

Humiliating is a word I have heard and read quite a few times from commentators this morning.

WillJ
11-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Duke-UNLV in 1990 was *much* more painful to this Duke fan than anything Kentucky fans got out of this game. The games were somewhat similar, but the key point is that the 1990 was the FINAL. This was our fourth final four and second final in five years, and this loss just made it seem that we would never get over the hump for a championship. We obviously did, but it didn't feel that way in 1990. That was the most despair I've ever felt as a sports fan.

juise
11-10-2018, 06:18 PM
I was finishing up an evening event at a work conference when the game began. I rushed up to my room as soon as the event ended and the score was 82-50. I wondered how many other Duke fans were reveling in that score. I was glad to hear in mentioned on the podcast.

Dev11
11-11-2018, 12:38 PM

Hey man, you could have corrected me. I was a hard time keeping all my facts straight.