PDA

View Full Version : Wake's QB out for the year

budwom
11-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Never like to see a guy get injured...Wake's very good QB Sam Hartman is out for the year, leg injury...gives Duke an advantage in a few weeks one might think...

Reilly
11-04-2018, 05:59 PM
I just assumed Riley Skinner was back for his 13th year of eligibility. Felt like he was there forever ...

OldPhiKap
11-04-2018, 06:12 PM
I just assumed Riley Skinner was back for his 13th year of eligibility. Felt like he was there forever ...

Where is Rusty LaRue when you need him?

(Hope for a quick recovery for Sam)

Reilly
11-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Where is Rusty LaRue when you need him? ...

Busy doing chores: https://www.journalnow.com/journal_west/news/couple-begins-restoration-on-historic-farmhouse/article_f9e56ac8-750f-11e4-acef-8fa3699ba8ea.html

Jim3k
11-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Busy doing chores: https://www.journalnow.com/journal_west/news/couple-begins-restoration-on-historic-farmhouse/article_f9e56ac8-750f-11e4-acef-8fa3699ba8ea.html

Nice story. Wish Rusty and his family well.

sagegrouse
11-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Nice story. Wish Rusty and his family well.

He now has what looks like a real job:

Experience

Dairi-O Restaurants -- six locations per web site
Chief Operations Officer
Company Name Dairi-O Restaurants
Dates Employed Mar 2018 – Present
Employment Duration 9 mos
Location Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina Area

HereBeforeCoachK
11-04-2018, 07:40 PM

...only slightly longer than John Wolford

duke2x
11-04-2018, 08:03 PM
They still have Kendall Hinton, and they are good at running the ball already. We now are statistically bad in rushing defense with the injuries. It should be close and a track meet like most of their games have been this year. The days of Frank Beamer celebrating a 0-0 tie in regulation v. Dave Clawson are far behind us.

SavDukeGrad
11-04-2018, 08:47 PM
They still have Kendall Hinton, and they are good at running the ball already. We now are statistically bad in rushing defense with the injuries. It should be close and a track meet like most of their games have been this year. The days of Frank Beamer celebrating a 0-0 tie in regulation v. Dave Clawson are far behind us.

And Greg Dortch is one of the best receivers we will see all year, imo.

6th Man
11-05-2018, 07:34 AM

You are spot on about Hinton. I think he might pose a bigger problem for Duke’s D than Hartman. Hinton is very quick and can really run it.

budwom
11-05-2018, 07:41 AM

A lot depends upon whether Giles-Harris is back by then...we're pretty good vs the run with him and Humphreys healthy (don't ask me to explain the Pittsburgh debacle)...but for sure Wake can score...

dpslaw
11-05-2018, 08:01 AM

Like Duke, Wake has suffered a ton of injuries this year, and Hinton is among them. He was suspended for the first three games of the season, and l don’t believe he has played since.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Like Duke, Wake has suffered a ton of injuries this year, and Hinton is among them. He was suspended for the first three games of the season, and l don’t believe he has played since.

Speaking of Duke injuries, what's the word on Giles Harris?

devildeac
11-05-2018, 01:17 PM

(chirp, chirp)

Maybe Steve Wiseman has some info...

;)

CameronBornAndBred
11-05-2018, 01:21 PM

(chirp, chirp)

Maybe Steve Wiseman has some info...

;)

Not to hijack the thread, but totally hijacking the thread, wouldn't the MRI be done today? So I'd assume they would announce this afternoon or tomorrow.

devildeac
11-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but totally hijacking the thread, wouldn't the MRI be done today? So I'd assume they would announce this afternoon or tomorrow.

I thought Cut said he'd be evaluated Sunday, but an MRI yesterday or today would make total sense. I doubt the Duke ortho department would wait for the dreaded/hated PA (prior authorization:mad:) until today to have that test done:p.

I'm kinda/sorta expecting, "He's day-to-day" from the football office any hour now :o. (But certainly hoping for, "He has a minor bruise without any structural damage and will fully participate in practices this week and should be at full strength and ready for Saturday's game.")

budwom
11-05-2018, 02:03 PM

Expecting Duke to announce stuff about a football injury is like waiting for Godot...don't be holding your breath...the only word we'd get is if he's done for the year.
Would also love to know how Aaron Young, Damani Neal, Lummi Young, Brittain Brown and a bunch of others are doing, but I have absolutely no expectation of hearing anything meaningful.

CameronBornAndBred
11-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Expecting Duke to announce stuff about a football injury is like waiting for Godot...don't be holding your breath...the only word we'd get is if he's done for the year.
I agree, so right now silence is golden. That's kind of what I meant when saying "I'd expect to hear." If we don't, then I take that as good news.

budwom
11-05-2018, 04:03 PM
I agree, so right now silence is golden. That's kind of what I meant when saying "I'd expect to hear." If we don't, then I take that as good news.

yup...i'm sure they have a very good idea, and hopefully this means he can potentially play again...

DarkstarWahoo
11-05-2018, 04:08 PM
That's a bummer about the Wake QB. They were a lot of fun to watch with him. They play about 100 mph at all times. They might not always know where they're going, but they get there really fast.

killerleft
11-05-2018, 04:13 PM
He now has what looks like a real job:

Experience

Dairi-O Restaurants -- six locations per web site
Chief Operations Officer
Company Name Dairi-O Restaurants
Dates Employed Mar 2018 – Present
Employment Duration 9 mos
Location Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina Area

Yep, saw him at the Dairi-O location on Hwy. 66 just off I-40 in Kernersville a few months ago.