PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Player Poll Sweet 16 - Dawkins vs. Shelden

JasonEvans
10-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Our fourth Sweet 16 poll pits the #4 seed, Johnny Dawkins, against the #13 seeded Shelden Williams.

The player who built a program vs. the landlord.

Look, I love Shel and he was a rock in the middle for 4 years, but... well... I think this one will be over by lunchtime. Johnny Dawkins is my pick to make the finals from this side of the bracket (though I may have underestimated the youngsters voting for JWill). Anyway, vote away, my friends!!

--Jason "as always, your explanation/memories/whatever are welcome" Evans

Rich
10-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Jason,

Your forgot the poll!

JasonEvans
10-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Jason,

Your forgot the poll!

Just so folks know, the way the system works you post a thread and then you post the poll to it. Even though it feels like one step, there is a brief moment while you are creating the poll where the thread is live with no poll in it. As a result, sometimes it looks like a poll thread is missing a poll.

If it has been less than 30 seconds since the thread was started, I'd suggest waiting a moment and then refreshing. If it has been more than a few minutes, send the thread starter a note because they may have forgotten to include the poll. I know I have done that a couple times.

--Jason "poll-meister" Evans

RepoMan
10-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Johnny Dawkins is my pick to make the finals from this side of the bracket (though I may have underestimated the youngsters voting for JWill).
--Jason "as always, your explanation/memories/whatever are welcome" Evans

Johnny D may not even make it to the final four. It'll be tough to get past Hurley.

JasonEvans
10-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Johnny D may not even make it to the final four. It'll be tough to get past Hurley.

Yup, I agree. Not gonna be easy, but I still think he will make it past the quite formidable forces of Bobby and JWill.

--Jason "Then again, I may be insane ;)" Evans

Travis
10-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Jason,

You must stop the poll before I or anyone else have to choose between Johnny or Bobby. Or Grant and Shane. Such choices might bring on the apocalypse.

Travis

SilkyJ
10-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Jason,

You must stop the poll before I or anyone else have to choose between Johnny or Bobby. Or Grant and Shane. Such choices might bring on the apocalypse.

Travis

seriously. I might have to abstain...

Karl Beem
10-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Sorry Big Guy!

JasonEvans
10-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Noon returns--

JD with a huge lead... I mean HUGE!

56-8 or 87.5% to 12.5%

--Jason "This one was over early-- I saw it at 16-0 at one point" Evans

lavell12
10-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Shelden is one of my favorite Duke players ever so I voted for him while I recognize Dawkins was the better player though.

pamtar
10-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I voted for Shelden because he was in the shadow of JJ his whole career and was completely underrated by us and the media.

Bob Green
10-30-2007, 04:28 PM
JD was a very influential recruit in the early K years and he continues to have a positive impact on the program.

JBDuke
10-30-2007, 06:15 PM
I voted for Shelden because he was in the shadow of JJ his whole career and was completely underrated by us and the media.

Not by all of us!

killerleft
10-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Vote against Johnny Dawkins? Not in this poll!!!! The results as I voted were 124 - 24. Even numerology has this one pegged!

JasonEvans
10-31-2007, 09:26 AM
This poll is closed, and JD's victory was a huge one. He faces Hurley next in a real battle of the titans!!

-Jason