PDA

View Full Version : Stetson at Duke Tickets Question

907bluedevils
10-25-2018, 02:57 PM
A few friends and I are interested in making the trip from Alaska for the Stetson game at Cameron. Would we be able to buy tickets off Stubhub and sit with the crazies? I know some games they require a student ID and some games don't. I realize its between Thanksgiving and Christmas so my hope is yes. If not, i'm assuming our only options are to buy from season ticket holders in the upper bowl? Thanks

RPS
10-25-2018, 03:36 PM
It's not related to your question, but Stetson v. Duke in Cameron was Coach K's first Duke game -- on November 29, 1980. The Blue Devils prevailed, 67-49. Tom Emma scored 19 points.

CameronBornAndBred
10-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Have you called the ticket office? I thought they sold the holiday games to the public, but not til closer towards the game date. The tickets they sell are the student section.

budwom
10-25-2018, 04:00 PM
Have you called the ticket office? I thought they sold the holiday games to the public, but not til closer towards the game date. The tickets they sell are the student section.

yeah, should be readily available later, but if the OP wants to sit with the traditional crazies, they won't (largely) be there...not the same experience.

CameronBornAndBred
10-25-2018, 04:09 PM
yeah, should be readily available later, but if the OP wants to sit with the traditional crazies, they won't (largely) be there...not the same experience.

But they get to enjoy the alumni band.

FYI, I Googled "Duke vs Stetson basketball tickets" and now my browser and Facebook is inundated with Vivid Seats and Stubhub ads. Thanks a lot, 907!

WeepingThomasHill
10-25-2018, 04:54 PM
Are December games considered "holiday games?" Students would be in class until mid-December, right? I've been looking for tix for either Stetson or Yale myself, but had not called the ticket office - thanks for that tip.

-jk
10-25-2018, 06:48 PM
A few friends and I are interested in making the trip from Alaska for the Stetson game at Cameron. Would we be able to buy tickets off Stubhub and sit with the crazies? I know some games they require a student ID and some games don't. I realize its between Thanksgiving and Christmas so my hope is yes. If not, i'm assuming our only options are to buy from season ticket holders in the upper bowl? Thanks

Duke routinely sells bleacher "seats" for games - mostly "stands" during game time; parents of younger kids beware: you'll be holding them up to see! They'll be in Section 17, and Duke students get in first (and thus get the mid-court/front-row spots), with the buyers getting the back/fringes. For lower profile games (which Stetson in early Dec will likely be), there can be quite a few bleacher tickets available - albeit with a wait standing in line to get in. (First come/first served...)

After contacting the Iron Dukes (join! - it's minimal compared to paying to fly a group in), also put in a request on the DBR Ticket Exchange.

Good luck!

-jk

duke2x
10-25-2018, 07:36 PM
Are December games considered "holiday games?" Students would be in class until mid-December, right? I've been looking for tix for either Stetson or Yale myself, but had not called the ticket office - thanks for that tip.

The first round of GA tickets were sold in August. (I got mine. :D) There may be a second round...or not...in December depending on student interest for Army and other early November games. The two holiday games are Princeton and Clemson. Duke has not put Clemson tickets on sale to anyone as far as I know.

Native
10-26-2018, 09:13 AM
According to the academic calendar (https://calendar.duke.edu/index?group=Registrar%27s+Office), reading period for finals begins on December 7 this year. The Stetson game is on December 1. So the students will definitely be in town.

Because it's Stetson, and because finals will be fast approaching, and because we hardly fill 17 (or 18, or 20) these days save for Top 25 matchups, there will definitely be tickets available. Iron Dukes will get a first crack at them — and they may already have — but it's likely some will appear on the secondary market.

Athletics works with the Line Monitors and Graduate Ushers to forecast student demand and release seats. How many are released will be dictated by that decision, and it probably won't happen until a few weeks prior.

907bluedevils
10-26-2018, 01:47 PM
How much do bleacher seats typically cost for these lower tier games? Looking on stubhub its looking like $150 plus.

duke2x
10-26-2018, 05:22 PM
$82 or $92 per space, the latter being more my recollection.

duketaylor
10-27-2018, 12:28 AM
unless it has changed drastically in the last few years, tix are about $50-55, not $82-92. I could be off, I hope it hasn't inflated that quickly. I'll try to check on it.

accfanfrom1970
10-27-2018, 03:10 AM
unless it has changed drastically in the last few years, tix are about $50-55, not $82-92. I could be off, I hope it hasn't inflated that quickly. I'll try to check on it.

It has been $80+ the last couple of years. It was $80 for the va. union game I just went to.

Kimist
10-27-2018, 12:23 PM
It has been $80+ the last couple of years. It was $80 for the va. union game I just went to.

Sounds about right.
Even the "exhibition games" have a marked ticket price of $77 for the cheapest upstairs seats.
(I also understand there was a lot of. . .emptiness. . .at the first exhibition game.)

k

907bluedevils
11-08-2018, 04:10 PM
I've looked into the Iron Dukes ticket exchange request, how early before the game day do they let you know if you've gotten tickets?

summerwind03
11-08-2018, 04:13 PM
I've looked into the Iron Dukes ticket exchange request, how early before the game day do they let you know if you've gotten tickets?

It really varies. If you tell them you need to know in advance, it's possible they can. But many times it is just a couple of hours before game time.

Thurber Whyte
11-09-2018, 05:36 PM

Call the ticket office. They are very friendly and very helpful and can give you the best information about when and what is available. I am an Iron Duke and I put in a ticket exchange request for the Army game. I had not heard anything by Tuesday so I figured that had not worked out. I called and they told me that the ticket exchange requests had not been decided upon at that point, but bleacher seats were available. The ticket exchange request might be filled with a bleacher seat if not enough seats were available upstairs. I opted to forgo the exchange and buy a bleacher ticket then and there because that sounded like more fun. The Stetson game might have different parameters so call, but I think the odds for that game are good, both upstairs and downstairs.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-10-2018, 05:43 AM
Remember that bleacher seats are really standing room only, at least if you want to see the game. Standing for 2 hours doesn’t work for my leg, hope it does for you! LGD GTHc! Beat those cheating bastards today! 9F!

60sDukie
11-10-2018, 06:41 AM
You also probably can’t see if you are short. A few years ago we got bleacher seats. I never saw anything except the bottom of the basket. Never again.

Thurber Whyte
11-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Remember that bleacher seats are really standing room only, at least if you want to see the game. Standing for 2 hours doesn’t work for my leg, hope it does for you! LGD GTHc! Beat those cheating bastards today! 9F!

I can still do it!

You also probably can’t see if you are short. A few years ago we got bleacher seats. I never saw anything except the bottom of the basket. Never again.

I am tall. I will try to find a spot in the back.