PDA

View Full Version : Has Everyone Gotten Their Tickets?

plimnko
10-21-2018, 11:22 AM
I was told they would be FedExed Friday, but no tickets yet.

91devil
10-21-2018, 11:27 AM

Ticket Office told me they would be sent via overnight mail on Friday. I guess we should get them no later than Monday (depending on our location to Durham).

This delivery gets later and later every year. This year, we'll get the tickets a day before the first (exhibition) game.

Now, the Ticket Office has moved into this century by allowing for electronic transfer and PDF scanning.

But the process must get better. Start earlier. Use a different printing vendor. Use less snazzy graphics on the tickets.

DukeDevilDeb
10-21-2018, 11:43 AM

48 hours before the first exhibition game, and NO ONE I've asked has gotten tickets. Mike Cragg is a real loss, but is this the consequence of his leaving? Come on, basketball staff, you can do better than this.

Watch the Fed Ex carrier walk up to my front door at 6:59 pm on Tuesday.!!!!

Go Blue Devils!

aimo
10-21-2018, 02:35 PM
48 hours before the first exhibition game, and NO ONE I've asked has gotten tickets. Mike Cragg is a real loss, but is this the consequence of his leaving? Come on, basketball staff, you can do better than this.

Watch the Fed Ex carrier walk up to my front door at 6:59 pm on Tuesday.!!!!

Go Blue Devils!

Not a consequence of Cragg leaving, it's later and later every year. And they charge us $40 for a "mishandling" fee. That should be refunded to all of us. It's bad enough we have to worry about porch pirates stealing them.

WiJoe
10-21-2018, 04:39 PM
Mike Cragg is a real loss, but is this the consequence of his leaving?

Go Blue Devils!

Probably not, but he will be GREATLY MISSED in other areas. Scheduling. Institutional knowledge. IMO, he's irreplaceable.

TruBlu
10-21-2018, 04:39 PM
This is really terribly inconvenient for out of state folks. No excuse for cutting it this close to the first game. I plan on venting to the ticket office, but am not expecting any improvement in the future.

Once had the football parking passes sent out so late, they held the passes for me in the ticket office. Problem was that without the parking pass, the parking officials would not let us drive anywhere close to the ticket office to pick up the parking pass. Had to park far, far away and walk to the ticket office to pick up the pass, walk back to the car, then drive to the Card Gym lot to park/tailgate. I uttered some extreme nautical terms.

plimnko
10-21-2018, 04:53 PM
This is really terribly inconvenient for out of state folks. No excuse for cutting it this close to the first game. I plan on venting to the ticket office, but am not expecting any improvement in the future.

it's not like this game was just scheduled. it's VERY poor treatment of the ticket holders. unfortunately, the folks in the ticket office are going catch the heat while the people in charge will be hiding in the office

Kimist
10-21-2018, 04:58 PM
No tickets here yet (Sunday night), and I live <40 miles from the Duke campus.
Normally I let some friends use my tickets/parking pass for a few of the "lesser" games, and this ever-increasing delay puts a real bind on the logistics of getting the TUESDAY October 23rd and also October 27th items to those individuals.
I also bought a handful of tickets to the State Farm Champions Classic on November 6th, and I'm still waiting for them also.
While I somewhat understand the logistics of getting all of the upstairs tickets and parking passes processed and distributed, there is certainly some room for improvement!

k

DU82
10-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Worse is that we (I?) haven’t heard a word about tickets for Tuesday’s game from anyone. Maybe, we’ll hear something tomorrow. Maybe.

Yes, I know how and can get my tickets online through the horrible ticket web site, but I’m still one of the younger season ticket holders (class of ‘82.). Plenty of others who wont be able to do so, and as pointed out, parking, which cost $200 this year, likely will be a mess since nobody has a pass.

The women’s ticket book, typically available at the Blue-White scrimmage, which was this afternoon, weren’t available. I’m sure the problem for both is that the tickets aren’t back from the printer, which could be either the printer’s fault, or the ticket office’s fault.

ETA: the website says the tickets will be shipped via UPS. I have an account and get an email each time I am scheduled to receive a delivery. No email yet, and I trust UPS’s logistics more than Duke’s.

weezie
10-21-2018, 09:29 PM
Rest assured we'll be hearing that the coaching staff is disappointed at the small turnout for Tuesday night's game. As if we have a choice!

It really is pathetic that the ID office can't get this act together. They're very good at demanding we all get our money to them in August. Making a better effort on delivering the goods, not so much.

buddy
10-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Kevin White sits in Section 14 on the aisle. Stop by Tuesday night and tell him what you think. I intend to. He is someone who can do something about it.

mpj96
10-22-2018, 07:31 AM
Still waiting for State Farm tickets and season tickets. Really poor execution by ticket office and poor communication from iron dukes office.

devilsadvocate85
10-22-2018, 07:40 AM
Worse is that we (I?) haven’t heard a word about tickets for Tuesday’s game from anyone. Maybe, we’ll hear something tomorrow. Maybe.

Yes, I know how and can get my tickets online through the horrible ticket web site, but I’m still one of the younger season ticket holders (class of ‘82.). Plenty of others who wont be able to do so, and as pointed out, parking, which cost $200 this year, likely will be a mess since nobody has a pass.

The women’s ticket book, typically available at the Blue-White scrimmage, which was this afternoon, weren’t available. I’m sure the problem for both is that the tickets aren’t back from the printer, which could be either the printer’s fault, or the ticket office’s fault.

ETA: the website says the tickets will be shipped via UPS. I have an account and get an email each time I am scheduled to receive a delivery. No email yet, and I trust UPS’s logistics more than Duke’s.

My UPS account updated Sunday morning with a notice that the package would be delivered Monday.

-jk
10-22-2018, 08:17 AM
My UPS account updated Sunday morning with a notice that the package would be delivered Monday.

I just got an email this morning:

you have a package coming tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Tuesday, 10/23/2018
Estimated Delivery Time: 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM

-jk

DU82
10-22-2018, 08:47 AM
I just got an email this morning:

-jk

And I just got one as well, but my delivery is tomorrow. Given when UPS typically delivers to my house, I’ll have an hour from package delivery to game time.

ETA: my tickets are coming second day air. Guess they’re starting the drone deliveries for the six miles between Cameron and my house.

aimo
10-22-2018, 09:43 AM
So, I am on hold with the ticket office right now, a rather long hold. OK, they are "checking with UPS on why they aren't being delivered today. If you do not get them today, let the ticket office know and they will print them for you and leave them at Will Call." So you can wait in line with the thousands of others who did not get them, I guess.

Lauderdevil
10-22-2018, 09:47 AM
Hmm. Tickets arriving in Ft. Lauderdale at tipoff time in Durham.

Delivery Date and Time
Tue, Oct 23
7:00 PM

Sender
DUKE UNIVERSITY/SEASON TICKETS
In Transit

Kimist
10-22-2018, 10:08 AM
So, I am on hold with the ticket office right now, a rather long hold. OK, they are "checking with UPS on why they aren't being delivered today. If you do not get them today, let the ticket office know and they will print them for you and leave them at Will Call." So you can wait in line with the thousands of others who did not get them, I guess.

But what about your delayed parking pass for the game(s) ? ?

( I might seriously be tempted to just ask for a refund of the ticket costs + the game parking pass. )

k

August West
10-22-2018, 10:57 AM
My tickets just arrived. My stomach is starting to feel better. Hopefully everyone else will get their tickets in time. AW. 😀

Kimist
10-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Tickets and parking passes finally arrived around 3 pm today.
Contrary to what I was told by ID office, the State Farm Champions Classic tickets were not included. Did anyone receive their order for those??

k

weezie
10-22-2018, 03:49 PM
( I might seriously be tempted to just ask for a refund of the ticket costs + the game parking pass. )

That's a good one. Can't wait to hear what they say. I'll proclaim you Prom King if they bite. And, no tickets here in VA yet today.

chrishoke
10-22-2018, 04:26 PM
My tickets arrived at my home in Raleigh today at 1 pm. Good luck all.

aimo
10-22-2018, 04:31 PM
Our UPS tracking said today and they arrived this afternoon.

I suggested to the guy in the ticket office (to pass on to the powersthatbe) that they forget the fancy ticket packets and just print them out themselves. Saves on cost and trouble. I personally do not care what the tickets look like.

91devil
10-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Mine arrived today. I had to go online and scan / send the first two games (exhibition) to a friend in Raleigh. We will see if that works.

However, the Parking Passes cannot be scanned. The Ticket Office will have someone at each lot with a clipboard and names. That might be confusing.

The gentleman on the phone today was very nice, walked me through the online transfer process and was apologetic about the late tickets. Essentially blamed the ACC for putting the schedule so late this year.

Next year, he thought the exhibition games would be printed in house and mailed separately (earlier) along with the Countdown to Craziness tickets. That would help.

TruBlu
10-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Just arrived home in Georgia. Still no tickets or parking passes. Unreal.

Spoke to the ticket office earlier today, and they are printing the tickets and holding tomorrow’s tickets at the will call window along with the parking pass, but you have to get there during the day to make use of the parking pass. The will call window/ticket office is open tomorrow from either 8:00 or 8:30 til game time. I assume that if you can’t get through the jammed phone lines today that you can try again tomorrow.

When talking to the ticket office, I expressed my displeasure, while acknowledging that I knew it wasn’t the fault of the nice young lady to whom I was speaking. She said it was a combination of the ACC office getting the schedule out late, and delays by the printer. I jokingly (to her, at least) suggested that she inform Kevin White that he needs to: 1)find a new printing company, and 2)find a new non-unc grad as ACC commissioner. I will follow up on those two ideas in a letter to Mr. White, in a more serious tone.

chrishoke
10-22-2018, 06:03 PM
Just arrived home in Georgia. Still no tickets or parking passes. Unreal.

Spoke to the ticket office earlier today, and they are printing the tickets and holding tomorrow’s tickets at the will call window along with the parking pass, but you have to get there during the day to make use of the parking pass. The will call window/ticket office is open tomorrow from either 8:00 or 8:30 til game time. I assume that if you can’t get through the jammed phone lines today that you can try again tomorrow.

When talking to the ticket office, I expressed my displeasure, while acknowledging that I knew it wasn’t the fault of the nice young lady to whom I was speaking. She said it was a combination of the ACC office getting the schedule out late, and delays by the printer. I jokingly (to her, at least) suggested that she inform Kevin White that he needs to: 1)find a new printing company, and 2)find a new non-unc grad as ACC commissioner. I will follow up on those two ideas in a letter to Mr. White, in a more serious tone.

You might as that they leave your tics and pass at the Washington Duke Inn. They did that for me when my tics were late arriving. No problem getting there or parking.

TruBlu
10-22-2018, 06:29 PM
You might as that they leave your tics and pass at the Washington Duke Inn. They did that for me when my tics were late arriving. No problem getting there or parking.

This was not offered as an option to me . . . Only online printing and will call window.

mpj96
10-22-2018, 06:55 PM
Received season tickets today. No Champions Classic tix yet though. They typically arrive separately but earlier if I recall correctly.

hallcity
10-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Got my tickets about 5:00 today. Obviously, these tickets should have shipped at least a week earlier. Why is it that the Duke Athletic Department keeps hiring more and more people yet this sort of incompetence keeps happening? What do all those people do?

CrazyNotCrazie
10-22-2018, 08:13 PM
Got my tickets about 5:00 today. Obviously, these tickets should have shipped at least a week earlier. Why is it that the Duke Athletic Department keeps hiring more and more people yet this sort of incompetence keeps happening? What do all those people do?

I'm guessing "handle huge numbers of ticket orders for football games" is not the right answer?

devilish
10-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Judging by last night's attendance, it appears many folks did not receive their tickets/passes in time. Might as well have counted as a "secret scrimmage."

I have been thinking for several years that Duke should handle the preseason games in the same manner as the Blue/White (CTC) game. Offer season ticket holders the option to purchase tickets to these games. The tickets that don't get sold to ID's can be sold to the general public and/or donated to local charities. Shame on Duke to force us to shell out approx. $100 for a meaningless game... and then have the nerve tell us we are not allowed to resell them.

While I'm on my rant... did anyone notice the new attendants outside the entry gates for each section? I've never had to show my ticket to gain access to my section once inside of Cameron. Not a big deal last night when Cameron was 1/4 capacity, but when attendance picks up, that is going to cause a big logjam on the concourse.

hallcity
10-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Judging by last night's attendance, it appears many folks did not receive their tickets/passes in time. Might as well have counted as a "secret scrimmage."

I have been thinking for several years that Duke should handle the preseason games in the same manner as the Blue/White (CTC) game. Offer season ticket holders the option to purchase tickets to these games. The tickets that don't get sold to ID's can be sold to the general public and/or donated to local charities. Shame on Duke to force us to shell out approx. $100 for a meaningless game... and then have the nerve tell us we are not allowed to resell them.

While I'm on my rant... did anyone notice the new attendants outside the entry gates for each section? I've never had to show my ticket to gain access to my section once inside of Cameron. Not a big deal last night when Cameron was 1/4 capacity, but when attendance picks up, that is going to cause a big logjam on the concourse.

They've done this before, sporadically. I think it's mostly done early in the season when people might be confused about where they're supposed to sit. I don't think they ever ask if they recognize you. Normally, there's no need to check since there's generally nowhere to sit other than your assigned seat because almost all the other seats are filled and there's nowhere you can stand around and watch the game as there often is in other arenas.

plimnko
10-24-2018, 10:34 AM
the attendant in my section didn't do anything but get yelled at by the guy behind me. she kept standing at the corner of the entrance of the the tunnel blocking his view.

markbdevil
10-24-2018, 12:02 PM

$77 for an exhibition game is ridiculous. And I'm in the cheap seats. I agree, open the exhibition games to the general public, season ticket holders can have the option to purchase too.
the good old days, now you can't get water and something to eat for $15.
ok my rant is over too
and why is the b-ball game scheduled the same time as the football game? the b-ball game could be started at 7 pm.

TruBlu
10-24-2018, 03:15 PM
Just for the record, my tickets arrived at around 4 PM yesterday, 3 hours before tip-off. And I live 6 hours from Durham. Fortunately, I made arrangements for the will call window.

buddy
10-24-2018, 05:11 PM
Acquaintance who is a unc fan (poor misguided soul) got his tickets Monday as well. May in fact be due to the ACC's ever lengthening time to release the schedule. Still requires remedial action from Duke. At a minimum a blast email to season ticket holders a week to ten days ago could have alleviated much angst and allowed us to prepare alternatives. But that would require leadership and caring about the customer base.

weezie
10-25-2018, 08:28 AM
...At a minimum a blast email to season ticket holders a week to ten days ago could have alleviated much angst and allowed us to prepare alternatives. But that would require leadership and caring about the customer base.

Picture the "leadership" as standing at home plate, arms folded, impassive as you point out the flaws in their oversight. Then they might try to sell you on a golfing trip to Ireland for a few thousand bucks and then they might throw you out of the stadium.

Suffice to say, the customer base is expendable.

Kimist
10-27-2018, 11:55 AM
Tickets and parking passes finally arrived around 3 pm today.
Contrary to what I was told by ID office, the State Farm Champions Classic tickets were not included. Did anyone receive their order for those??

k

Said tickets arrived on Friday via regular First Class Mail.

k