PDA

View Full Version : Sighting: Roy and the Heels in Philly today (?)

BlueandWhite
10-19-2018, 10:08 PM
So, I’m driving into Center City Philadelphia this afternoon stuck in slow gridlock traffic—properly attired in my favorite blue Duke ballcap. As I creep along past the Westin Hotel on S 17th Street, I look to my left and here’s Roy Williams chatting with someone, and lots of tall guys wearing warmups in the wrong shade of blue, all getting ready to board a bus.

Anyone know why the Heels were in Philly on Oct.19th way before the start of the season?

22JumpShots
10-19-2018, 10:21 PM
So, I’m driving into Center City Philadelphia this afternoon stuck in slow gridlock traffic—properly attired in my favorite blue Duke ballcap. As I creep along past the Westin Hotel on S 17th Street, I look to my left and here’s Roy Williams chatting with someone, and lots of tall guys wearing warmups in the wrong shade of blue, all getting ready to board a bus.

Anyone know why the Heels were in Philly on Oct.19th way before the start of the season?

Yeah they decided to go up there and lose a secret scrimmage game against Villanova. ;)

juise
10-19-2018, 10:56 PM
Looks like it's fall break. No need to pretend like there's any academics taking place. Phew... pretending to go to classes is hard work.

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-19-2018, 10:59 PM
Yeah they decided to go up there and lose a secret scrimmage game against Villanova. ;)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/UNC-basketball-Scrimmage-Villanova-On-Saturday-Night-123504083/Amp/

duke4ever19
10-19-2018, 11:27 PM
You didn't hear it from me, but Roy was in town to pay tribute to the boss, or "Papi" as his "kids" call him.

You see, Roy was gettin' cute with a few G's that the boss had donated to Roy's charity of choice. Roy thought he could eat alone. Roy thought he could start his own garbage business. Roy was wrong.

Boss sent a couple cugines down South on a message job. Special delivery, just for Roy. Well Roy, he caught wind of it did a little Spring Cleaning and went on the lam. You think they didn't still find the time to pay him a visit? Fuhgeddaboudit.

Turns out it was nothing but a mock execution the whole time. A little visit from waste management is good for Roy every now and then, see? "Easiest message we ever ran", the boys said. "Bada bing bada boom."

They told Roy that he had been given a pass, this time. Next time upper management might not be so forgiving.

Long story short: Roy was a bad boy. Papi sent some messengers to deliver a message . . . set Roy back on the straight and narrow. Roy's a good kid, but sometimes he acts up as kids do . . . but it always disappoints Papi when he finds out that his kids have been disrespectful the family. "No one hates to have to reason with a kid more than Papi," they say.

22JumpShots
10-20-2018, 07:46 PM

https://chapelboro.com/sports/unc-sports/mens-basketball-unc-falls-to-villanova-in-controlled-scrimmage

:cool::D:p

plimnko
10-20-2018, 08:18 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/UNC-basketball-Scrimmage-Villanova-On-Saturday-Night-123504083/Amp/

I was on a uncheat website.....I need to throughly clean my computer

MChambers
10-20-2018, 08:24 PM
I was on a uncheat website....I need to throughly clean my computer

Just buy a new one. The old computer is irredeemably compromised.