PDA

View Full Version : Signed Ball/Poster

bigperm13
10-18-2018, 11:20 AM
I got both - the ball a couple weeks ago and they said they were shipping today when I pre-ordered the poster yesterday. They charge for and ship the poster late November/early December. Just a heads up as I remember posts about this the last few years. If there already is one, my apologies.

Duke Basketball Office: 919-613-7500

TJ99
10-18-2018, 01:09 PM
How much are they?

jimrowe0
10-18-2018, 01:19 PM
How much are they?

$100 for the ball
$40 for the poster

Just ordered both.

Messimorgan17
10-18-2018, 02:02 PM
I got both - the ball a couple weeks ago and they said they were shipping today when I pre-ordered the poster yesterday. They charge for and ship the poster late November/early December. Just a heads up as I remember posts about this the last few years. If there already is one, my apologies.

Duke Basketball Office: 919-613-7500

i ordered my ball a few weeks ago and my credit card was charged but have not received mine yet. Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to receive it? Thanks.

jimrowe0
10-18-2018, 02:16 PM
i ordered my ball a few weeks ago and my credit card was charged but have not received mine yet. Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to receive it? Thanks.

I was told early December.

bigperm13
10-18-2018, 09:21 PM
The lady I talked to said the shipping materials for the balls just came in and they'd start shipping those today. The posters don't go out until early December and they're not charging the card until then (it's a pre-order). $100/$40 is correct and that's total price shipped.

Newton_14
10-18-2018, 10:01 PM
You can ask @DukeGirlForever... it will go down to the wire but you will get them before Christmas. She will have to tell you the exact day the ball/poster she bought for her daughter's Christmas last year but I remember receiving frantic texts after Dec 20th last year asking me if I could go by the Duke Office for her but the items finally arrived on like the 23rd or something. So be patient :D

ehdg
10-19-2018, 12:52 PM
Just ordered the ball today n was told should get within 3 weeks.

DukeGirl4ever
10-19-2018, 01:45 PM
You can ask @DukeGirlForever... it will go down to the wire but you will get them before Christmas. She will have to tell you the exact day the ball/poster she bought for her daughter's Christmas last year but I remember receiving frantic texts after Dec 20th last year asking me if I could go by the Duke Office for her but the items finally arrived on like the 23rd or something. So be patient :D

Hey Newton_14, you are correct! I ordered in late October last year after my daughter begged for a Grayson Allen autograph.
The poster and ball arrived on the same day and it was right around the 21st or something like that. It came just in the nick of time (I live in PA).

I do remember calling the Duke office 2-3 times to follow up and was frustrated each time they told me the items would ship "in the next few days." This was going to be my "Mom of the Year" moment, so I needed this ball to arrive! :p

Watch the charges to your credit card. Mine was charged and then I got them about a week later.

ThatDukeGurl
10-19-2018, 03:15 PM
I was charged on 10/3 for the basketball and haven't received it yet.

mgtr
10-19-2018, 06:37 PM
Am I the only one whose first reaction was oh no!, thinking we had recruited one of the younger Ball brothers. Common sense soon prevailed, however.

lrjacobson
10-19-2018, 09:24 PM
Any body know what the poster looks like this year?

El_Diablo
10-20-2018, 09:41 PM
Any body know what the poster looks like this year?

https://shopdukestores.duke.edu/webitemimages/106/65899.jpg

Messimorgan17
10-22-2018, 01:13 PM
Ball came today but with only 11 signatures of players. I thought there were 14, 15 players on the team.
Does anyone know why there were only 11 players signatures?

Also, can anyone submit a pic of their ball with signatures. Not sure who I am missing and it’s hard to read the autographs.

Thanks.

ThatDukeGurl
10-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Ball came today but with only 11 signatures of players. I thought there were 14, 15 players on the team.

Also, can anyone submit a pic of their ball with signatures. Not sure who I am missing and it’s hard to read the autographs.

Thanks.

Interesting. There are 14 players. Ball should definitely include everyone. Hopefully mine shows up today as well.

sothear
10-22-2018, 03:51 PM
you call the office at 919-613-7500 to order, correct?

thedukelamere
10-22-2018, 03:56 PM
you call the office at 919-613-7500 to order, correct?

Yes and then hope they call you back. I'm still waiting :o

richardjackson199
10-22-2018, 06:44 PM
Yes and then hope they call you back. I'm still waiting :o

I never got call back either, but I just called back later, got someone to answer the phone, and placed order no problem. Hope that helps

Messimorgan17
10-24-2018, 04:26 PM

Thanks.

Update: left 2 messages for the person responsible, no return call...yet. Perhaps they have been busy with the 2 exhibition games this week.

sothear
10-25-2018, 03:40 PM
Update: left 2 messages for the person responsible, no return call...yet. Perhaps they have been busy with the 2 exhibition games this week.

I called this week at about 4:20 NC time and the phone was answered by a real person who took my order. Good luck to you!

Messimorgan17
10-26-2018, 08:50 AM
I called this week at about 4:20 NC time and the phone was answered by a real person who took my order. Good luck to you!

I ordered and received the ball. Looks like not all signatures on the ball. Called the office and they told me to speak with a particular person who has not returned my call.

ThatDukeGurl
10-26-2018, 12:25 PM
I ordered and received the ball. Looks like not all signatures on the ball. Called the office and they told me to speak with a particular person who has not returned my call.

Do you know who you are missing? Can you post a pic?

bigperm13
10-27-2018, 05:17 AM
Got the ball today. Came with 14 signatures (Zion's is a tiny but obvious ZW) in a Duke tote bag with a signed team photo. Pic is on my phone which is dead and it's 4:30 am and I'm exhausted from work.

Messimorgan17
10-27-2018, 07:20 AM
Do you know who you are missing? Can you post a pic?

Please let me know which signatures I have and which are missing.

Thanks.
Still no response from the duke basketball office. I am disappointed in them.

ThatDukeGurl
10-27-2018, 03:20 PM
Please let me know which signatures I have and which are missing.

Thanks.
Still no response from the duke basketball office. I am disappointed in them.

You are missing Zion, javin and Antonio. Weird

Messimorgan17
10-27-2018, 04:27 PM
You are missing Zion, javin and Antonio. Weird

Thank you for confirming.
Could you please advise whose signature is the large one above the swoosh?

ThatDukeGurl
10-27-2018, 05:46 PM
Thank you for confirming.
Could you please advise whose signature is the large one above the swoosh?

That one is Cam Reddish.

BandAlum83
10-29-2018, 12:37 AM
https://shopdukestores.duke.edu/webitemimages/106/65899.jpg

Is ut just me, or does Jordan Goldwire look huge in the picture?

Messimorgan17
10-29-2018, 12:02 PM
That one is Cam Reddish.

Thanks for your help, TDG! I called again today. They are just being overwhelmed with calls and emails. They were very nice and understanding. They are sending me a new ball with all the signatures.

El_Diablo
10-29-2018, 07:28 PM
Is ut just me, or does Jordan Goldwire look huge in the picture?

It’s only because he is standing next to Sigourney Weaver from Aliens.

Messimorgan17
11-12-2018, 03:59 PM
Can someone send a picture and identify the signatures of Zanos , RJ, Cam and Tre. Thanks.

Messimorgan17
11-25-2018, 09:00 AM
Can someone send a picture and identify the signatures of Zanos , RJ, Cam and Tre. Thanks.

Good news. I am thankful. I received the replacement ball with all 14 signatures yesterday. Can’t read a bunch of them though . That’s why they are signatures I guess. My kids asked me which were Zion Williamson and the other freshmen. I have no clue. Can anybody help me out. Thanks.

ehdg
11-25-2018, 10:45 AM
Curious are some folks still waiting on their balls? I was charged for mine back on 11/12. Haven't gotten any info if it's shipped yet and it has yet to arrive.

Messimorgan17
11-26-2018, 03:31 PM
Can anybody tell me Which signature on the attached ball is Zion’s?
Thanks.

ThatDukeGurl
12-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Anyone have an update on the signed posters? charged yet? shipping time frame?

TJ99
12-05-2018, 01:36 PM

I can't remember exactly when I ordered mine (a ball and a poster) I think maybe a month ago, but my card was charged yesterday and I am guessing it shipped or will ship in the next few days.

When I ordered mine, they told me that they would not be able to guarantee delivery before Christmas but sounds like I should have it soon.

El_Diablo
12-05-2018, 03:25 PM

I got my ball earlier and am still waiting on the poster. The basketball office said the posters should be signed around 12/10 and ship soon after.

El_Diablo
12-05-2018, 03:27 PM

Did they do anything to address the missing signatures? I think I am missing one and need to figure out if it is worth following up.

ThatDukeGurl
12-05-2018, 03:43 PM
I can't remember exactly when I ordered mine (a ball and a poster) I think maybe a month ago, but my card was charged yesterday and I am guessing it shipped or will ship in the next few days.

When I ordered mine, they told me that they would not be able to guarantee delivery before Christmas but sounds like I should have it soon.

you were charged for both the ball and poster? I've received the ball...just haven't seen anything about the poster yet.

TJ99
12-07-2018, 12:34 PM
you were charged for both the ball and poster? I've received the ball...just haven't seen anything about the poster yet.

Yes, I was charged for both on Tuesday....waiting to see if both show up in the next few days, will let you know!

lrjacobson
12-13-2018, 09:29 PM
I ordered my 2018-19 signed poster in October and have not received it yet. Has anyone else received theirs?

Messimorgan17
12-14-2018, 12:36 PM
Did they do anything to address the missing signatures? I think I am missing one and need to figure out if it is worth following up.

I apologize for the belated response. I was at a soccer showcase last week and was off the grid. I was missing 4 signatures of the 14 players so they just sent me an additional signed ball with all the signatures.
I think the best course of action is to just call them and discuss. They may send you a new ball or ask you to send the ball back and they will add the missing signature.
Do you know who you are missing?

Messimorgan17
12-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Thanks.
Anyone? Thanks.

ThatDukeGurl
12-14-2018, 01:25 PM
I ordered my 2018-19 signed poster in October and have not received it yet. Has anyone else received theirs?

No, and I have not been charged for it. I called, and the players were supposed to sign them on Monday, but was delayed due to the snow....

sothear
12-19-2018, 10:14 AM
My card was charged yesterday for the poster.

El_Diablo
12-19-2018, 11:03 AM
I apologize for the belated response. I was at a soccer showcase last week and was off the grid. I was missing 4 signatures of the 14 players so they just sent me an additional signed ball with all the signatures.
I think the best course of action is to just call them and discuss. They may send you a new ball or ask you to send the ball back and they will add the missing signature.
Do you know who you are missing?

It took a while to figure out (partly because Barrett signed upside down), but it looks like I am missing Jordan Goldwire.

I don't really want to go through the hassle and expense of sending it back, so I guess I can live with it, but I will probably call the office to at least let them know (so they can hopefully do a better job counting signatures in the future).

El_Diablo
12-19-2018, 11:04 AM
Thanks.

It's just below the swoosh. The one on the left is Zion; the one on the right is Vrank.

richardjackson199
12-21-2018, 07:17 PM
I received my signed poster today and I love it. I so appreciate that the team takes what must take hours to sign hundreds and hundreds of these posters. Every signature was there and even included their jersey number making the signatures easy to identify. This team just had what K called a grueling exam week stretch. They had 2 games this week including a huge, difficult game with travel to MSG against a previously undefeated team. They're also getting ready for the holidays like most of the rest of us. Yet they still took time to sign hundreds and hundreds of posters for fans like me and got it to me by Christmas.

I called the Men's basketball office earlier to complain about the unsafe manager bull-rush that nearly knocked me down. But I"m also going to call them tomorrow to express my thanks to them and the team for doing this signing for fans like me. This is a time where college athletes with the prestige of Zion Williamson probably don't have to sign hundreds of autographs. But they did, and I'll cherish every one of them.

I'm so jacked and psyched for this season. I hope they can win it all or make the Final 4, but will be proud of their journey. Bring on the ACC.

richardjackson199
12-21-2018, 08:09 PM
Or perhaps I won't call them on Saturday when I'm sure they're closed. :o But I'll call them during regular business hours.

yancem
12-21-2018, 09:28 PM
Anyone know if these are still available or if they’re all gone?

AZLA
12-21-2018, 10:35 PM
I received my signed poster today and I love it. I so appreciate that the team takes what must take hours to sign hundreds and hundreds of these posters. Every signature was there and even included their jersey number making the signatures easy to identify. This team just had what K called a grueling exam week stretch. They had 2 games this week including a huge, difficult game with travel to MSG against a previously undefeated team. They're also getting ready for the holidays like most of the rest of us. Yet they still took time to sign hundreds and hundreds of posters for fans like me and got it to me by Christmas.

I called the Men's basketball office earlier to complain about the unsafe manager bull-rush that nearly knocked me down. But I"m also going to call them tomorrow to express my thanks to them and the team for doing this signing for fans like me. This is a time where college athletes with the prestige of Zion Williamson probably don't have to sign hundreds of autographs. But they did, and I'll cherish every one of them.

I'm so jacked and psyched for this season. I hope they can win it all or make the Final 4, but will be proud of their journey. Bring on the ACC.

Maybe the running managers were hurrying to get the posters and sharpees ready for the team to sign; something they only have time to do during half time! A-ah! It all makes sense now. Cool that you got the poster. Merry Christmas! You’re right, this team is special and a fun journey to watch. Cheers!

SlimSlowSlider
12-22-2018, 01:16 PM
I received my signed poster today and I love it. I so appreciate that the team takes what must take hours to sign hundreds and hundreds of these posters. Every signature was there and even included their jersey number making the signatures easy to identify.

How was your poster delivered (USPS, UPS, FedEx)? My mail man just stopped by and still no poster... Wondering if it’ll come this weekend. Hope so, as I want to frame it before Tuesday.

richardjackson199
12-22-2018, 01:44 PM
How was your poster delivered (USPS, UPS, FedEx)? My mail man just stopped by and still no poster... Wondering if it’ll come this weekend. Hope so, as I want to frame it before Tuesday.

It was delivered by USPS. I was pretty upset when I saw it - the mailman leaned it against the house allowing it to spend all day in a pouring rain storm so that it was soaked when I got home from work. But the poster tube kept the poster completely dry on the inside and it's perfect.

You're going to love it. The gold pen signatures against the black background at the top perfectly match the "Be Worthy" handwritten script design. And it all matches the gold coloring of the trim around the Duke basketball logo and the gold railing behind the team. If the team goes on to win Gold, this poster will be our living room centerpiece until the day I die. (Not yet confirmed by the Mrs.) But clearly I love it regardless, and it's already framed and hanging. Awesome, classy poster design this year made to be signed.

yancem if you want one just call the basketball office during regular business hours: 919-613-7500

I would definitely call soon, not sure when they will be gone. And I've found calling them back until I get a live person to answer to be more reliable than waiting for a voicemail to maybe not be returned.

It's worth the wait.

ThatDukeGurl
12-22-2018, 06:08 PM

I got mine yesterday via USPS. Love it!

bigperm13
12-23-2018, 04:38 AM
Ball is in a cube and poster is on the way. Love the ball and can't wait for the poster. This team has a special feeling and regardless of what they win, I'll cherish these things forever. I don't think I'm alone in these thoughts.

Messimorgan17
02-10-2019, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know if you can still order a poster at this late date?

richardjackson199
02-10-2019, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know if you can still order a poster at this late date?

I don't know. But the Men's basketball office would be able to tell you:

919-613-7500