PDA

View Full Version : ACC announces game times for 10-20-18; Duke-UVA at 12:30

jimsumner
10-08-2018, 11:32 AM
GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference and its television partners announced the following football game times and networks for the week of October 20.

Saturday, Oct. 20
North Carolina at Syracuse, 12:20 p.m., Raycom Sports
Virginia at Duke, 12:30 p.m., RSN
NC State at Clemson, 3:30 p.m., ABC or ESPN – network designation after the games of 10/13
Wake Forest at Florida State, 3:30 p.m., ESPN2

duke2x
10-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Not a surprise. I did not see that link before my post. :)

Bob Green
10-08-2018, 11:40 AM
I was hoping for a 3:30 start but I am totally not surprised it is 12:30.

devildeac
10-08-2018, 11:50 AM
GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference and its television partners announced the following football game times and networks for the week of October 20.

Saturday, Oct. 20
North Carolina at Syracuse, 12:20 p.m., Raycom Sports
Virginia at Duke, 12:30 p.m., RSN
NC State at Clemson, 3:30 p.m., ABC or ESPN – network designation after the games of 10/13
Wake Forest at Florida State, 3:30 p.m., ESPN2

Looks like pancakes, eggs and bacon/sausage for your tailgate breakfast that day! :D

Reilly
10-08-2018, 04:58 PM
So what does RSN mean in terms of viewing? That just mean places with Gameplan and also over internet ... no local channels given the 12:20 game is the Raycom game of the week?

awhom111
10-08-2018, 09:23 PM
So what does RSN mean in terms of viewing? That just mean places with Gameplan and also over internet ... no local channels given the 12:20 game is the Raycom game of the week?

Yes, this is different than the coverage of this week's game.

It will be on regional sports networks only available on pay TV. For example, here are the channels covering this week's Louisville-Boston College game:
http://theacc.com/sports/2018/10/8/FB_LOU-BC-1013.aspx

The list for this game is not available yet, but it should be similar and I will post it when I see it.

Reilly
10-08-2018, 09:47 PM
... I will post it when I see it.

Thank you for your efforts. Seriously.

Newton_14
10-09-2018, 10:24 PM
I was hoping for a 3:30 start but I am totally not surprised it is 12:30.
I am kinda surprised as I think the Duke-UVA game will be far more competitive than the FSU-Wake game. Wake got ran 63-3 for crying out loud by Clemson. Even though FSU is a bad Football team, they should still be good enough to blow Wake out. So from the standpoint of "which game is more watchable from a competitive standpoint", I am surprised that FSU/Wake got the the 3:30pm slot...

gep
10-10-2018, 01:01 AM
I am kinda surprised as I think the Duke-UVA game will be far more competitive than the FSU-Wake game. Wake got ran 63-3 for crying out loud by Clemson. Even though FSU is a bad Football team, they should still be good enough to blow Wake out. So from the standpoint of "which game is more watchable from a competitive standpoint", I am surprised that FSU/Wake got the the 3:30pm slot...

So... maybe they (whoever they are) think that Duke will blow out UVa even more to be even more unwatchable, especially if DJ is back to full form... and that FSU-Wake will be *very* competitive ...:cool:

BigWayne
10-10-2018, 03:21 AM

It's done by who they think drives the ratings numbers. In a choice between two games between unranked teams, FSU is the name that will draw eyeballs simply because more people either love or hate their football team.