PDA

View Full Version : Javin DeLaurier injured

swiseman
10-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Anyone who attended the Durham Sports Club meeting today (Coach K was featured speaker) already knows this. But to those who didn't, Javin DeLaurier is dealing with a stress reaction in his foot.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article219425925.html

Yes, another foot issue for Duke basketball...

markbdevil
10-03-2018, 04:50 PM
it has to be the shoes

JasonEvans
10-03-2018, 04:58 PM
it has to be the shoes

https://www.chisholm-poster.com/large/CL70337.jpg

brevity
10-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Anyone who attended the Durham Sports Club meeting today (Coach K was featured speaker) already knows this. But to those who didn't, Javin DeLaurier is dealing with a stress reaction in his foot.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article219425925.html

Yes, another foot issue for Duke basketball...

Don't be shy. You can quote yourself. Just be sure that you don't quote too much of yourself, because then you could accuse yourself of plagiarizing... yourself.

The good news, Krzyzewski said, is that DeLaurier is expected to be back at practice next week. Fall break for Duke’s students begins Friday night and classes don’t resume until Wednesday morning.

The Blue Devils held their final practice prior to fall break on Wednesday and won’t be on the court together again until Tuesday night. But Krzyzewski said DeLaurier’s foot “should be OK when we come back.”

Billy Dat
10-03-2018, 05:21 PM
In other news...

"Junior center Marques Bolden is another player who could fill the final starting job along with the four freshmen. But Bolden, while healthy, only played 39 minutes combined in the three exhibitions in Canada and failed to score a point.

When asked about the 6-11 Bolden on Wednesday, Krzyzewski first said he was doing “good” but indicated Bolden has work to do with his consistency.

“We’ll see how good he does,” Krzyzewski said. “He didn’t have a good tour of Canada. But that doesn’t mean he’s not good.”

devildeac
10-03-2018, 05:22 PM
If he's expected to return to the court next week, then it's not really over. Yet.

:rolleyes:

kAzE
10-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Sigh . . .

I'm not a doctor, but aren't stress reactions sort of a long term issue that you have manage week to week?

Didn't Seth Curry have this issue in one of his feet?

Please, stay healthy, guys . . .

Bob Green
10-03-2018, 05:53 PM

Seth Curry had a stress reaction in his right leg in 2013 and his left leg in 2018.

MarkD83
10-03-2018, 05:59 PM
I'm having a stress reaction to all of these stress reactions

devildeac
10-03-2018, 06:05 PM

May I suggest one of these:

Filled with your best German weizen, of course.

:o

plimnko
10-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Sigh . . .

I'm not a doctor, but aren't stress reactions sort of a long term issue that you have manage week to week?

Please, stay healthy, guys . . .

https://beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=2056

HereBeforeCoachK
10-03-2018, 06:57 PM

i know, but at least it's not a stretch for the BB program to foot the bill.....but I've long stopped getting a kick out of these.....

MrPoon
10-04-2018, 10:00 AM
For some, Countdown to Craziness starts the season. For me it doesn’t start until there is a mystery foot injury.
Looks like the season if finally here!

uh_no
10-04-2018, 10:44 AM
May I suggest one of these:

Filled with your best German weizen, of course.

:o

pretty sure it's Märzen time of year...

Billy Dat
10-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Other key quote representing program evolution

"“We’ve tried to celebrate, during the summer, the value of the role player,” Krzyzewski said. “I didn’t think we had that last year. The bench didn’t really contribute as much. We were kind of a short team. A really good team, but we needed to have more players play.

“So one of the things we’ve done in the offseason is take a look at our value structure. One of the things that I came up with is I need to celebrate the role player.”"

UrinalCake
10-04-2018, 11:42 AM
For some, Countdown to Craziness starts the season. For me it doesn’t start until there is a mystery foot injury.
Looks like the season if finally here!

For me the season doesn’t start until K makes a wild proclamation about using the bench more, causing fans to get overly excited. Based on BillyDat’s quote it looks like we’ve got that one covered!

kAzE
10-04-2018, 11:48 AM
For me the season doesn’t start until K makes a wild proclamation about using the bench more, causing fans to get overly excited. Based on BillyDat’s quote it looks like we’ve got that one covered!

The subtext of that quote is: "Our star freshmen are going to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting (like they did in Canada), so I want to call attention to the guys doing the little things, because they aren't going to stand out as much in the box score."

It'll be a 6-7 man rotation in the games that matter, like always.

devildeac
10-04-2018, 12:00 PM
pretty sure it's Märzen time of year...

Yea, I've got some links (word chosen properly and punetically :o) to that very subject on Ymm, Beer today.

But, if that's the fest you can do...