brevity
10-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Georgia Tech at Louisville, Friday 7 pm ESPN

Syracuse at Pittsburgh, 12:20 pm ACCNE
Boston College at #23 N.C. State, 12:30 pm ACCNE
#4 Clemson at Wake Forest, 3:30 pm ESPN
Florida State at #17 Miami, 3:30 pm ABC
#6 Notre Dame at #24 Virginia Tech, 8 pm ABC

I like Duke’s chances, and really hope Carolina can find a way to lose.

chrishoke
10-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Pack nation gonna explode - another 12:30 start time.

devildeac
10-02-2018, 04:02 PM

$18M+ says they don't.

:mad:

PackMan97
10-02-2018, 04:09 PM

I know for certain they aren't going to win ;)

In other news, NC State and ECU have agreed on a 12th game to be played Dec 1st. State lost a home game to Florence, ECU lost a road game. Works out great. If either team makes their conference title game, the game will not be played.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-02-2018, 04:12 PM
I know for certain they aren't going to win ;)

In other news, NC State and ECU have agreed on a 12th game to be played Dec 1st. State lost a home game to Florence, ECU lost a road game. Works out great. If either team makes their conference title game, the game will not be played.

Maybe the Cheats could be a back up plan for ECU.....you know, have a home and home series in one season.

PackMan97
10-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Maybe the Cheats could be a back up plan for ECU....you know, have a home and home series in one season.

No thank you. I don't want my beloved alma mater to get down in the mud with UNC more often than necessary. Every time we play them we lose a little bit of our soul. I prefer playing ECU...a school that actually cares about it's academics.

BigWayne
10-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Maybe the Cheats could be a back up plan for ECU....you know, have a home and home series in one season.

FYI, Liberty and NM State are doing exactly that this year, and next year also. (https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/08/27/liberty-new-mexico-state-schedule-fbs-independents)

HereBeforeCoachK
10-02-2018, 05:31 PM
No thank you. I don't want my beloved alma mater to get down in the mud with UNC more often than necessary. Every time we play them we lose a little bit of our soul. I prefer playing ECU...a school that actually cares about it's academics.

No no....you mis-understood....what I meant was, if NCSU makes the Title Game, then maybe ECU can play the Cheats! :cool:

devildeac
10-02-2018, 05:37 PM
No no...you mis-understood...what I meant was, if NCSU makes the Title Game, then maybe ECU can play the Cheats! :cool:

Silly me. I misunderstood, too. I thought the cheats might schedule a make-up game with a team from the SEC or B1G that wasn't playing in their championship game (:rolleyes:).

75Crazie
10-02-2018, 08:41 PM
That is a wonderous statement on so many levels!

PackMan97
10-04-2018, 08:13 AM
In other ACC news, Carolina is changing the name of their football stadium. No this is not a joke.

OldPhiKap
10-04-2018, 08:22 AM
In other ACC news, Carolina is changing the name of their football stadium. No this is not a joke.

Sorta.

cato
10-04-2018, 10:18 AM

Well, it is a joke. Just not a funny one.

CameronBornAndBred
10-04-2018, 11:17 AM
A little bit of off the field news.
Former Clemson player C.J. Fuller has died, only 22 years old.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24886864/cj-fuller-former-clemson-tigers-running-back-dies-22

OldPhiKap
10-04-2018, 11:19 AM
A little bit of off the field news.
Former Clemson player C.J. Fuller has died, only 22 years old.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24886864/cj-fuller-former-clemson-tigers-running-back-dies-22

Sad, and it looks as if he had some troubles after leaving Clemson. Prayers for the family.

CameronBornAndBred
10-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Sad, and it looks as if he had some troubles after leaving Clemson. Prayers for the family.

Yes, he was arrested with a Clemson teammate, and former Duke player Quaven Ferguson for armed robbery in March. :(

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 06:17 AM
I watched Georgia Tech run all over Louisville last night. The Yellow Jackets rushed 65 times for 542 yards. Louisville failed to stop the B-back dive, the Quarterback keeper or the A-back pitch. GT looked like a well oiled machine but I'm going to give some of the credit to Louisville's inept run defense.

QB TaQuon Marshall was the leading rusher with 175 yards. Back-up QB Tobias Oliver added 103 yards.

Oh, before I forget, GT completed one pass for 12 yards.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-06-2018, 07:40 AM
I watched Georgia Tech run all over Louisville last night. The Yellow Jackets rushed 65 times for 542 yards. Louisville failed to stop the B-back dive, the Quarterback keeper or the A-back pitch. GT looked like a well oiled machine but I'm going to give some of the credit to Louisville's inept run defense.

QB TaQuon Marshall was the leading rusher with 175 yards. Back-up QB Tobias Oliver added 103 yards.

GaT has been putting up video game numbers the last couple weeks.....but I think Duke's D is well suited for this, especially with 2 weeks to prepare.

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 12:52 PM
N.C. State strikes first to take a 7-0 lead over Boston College. The Wolfpack offense looked very smooth on that drive.

budwom
10-06-2018, 12:55 PM

it would behoove us to get Cerenord back at DT by Saturday...

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-06-2018, 01:05 PM
Megatron just gagged.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-06-2018, 01:48 PM
N.C. State strikes first to take a 7-0 lead over Boston College. The Wolfpack offense looked very smooth on that drive.

Steve Logan a couple of days ago on the afternoon drive show on 99.9 made reference to the fact that NC State has "four wide receivers better than anyone in Durham."

OH: Pitt leads the Cuse by 3 right before halftime (Clemson hangover) and NW leads Mich State 14-6 @half....

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Early games are at the half:

Pitt 20, Syracuse 17
State 21, BC 3

The BC offense looks inept without A.J. Dillon.

PackMan97
10-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Early games are at the half:

Pitt 20, Syracuse 17
State 21, BC 3

The BC offense looks inept without A.J. Dillon.

I prefer to think of the state defense looks good not having to face Dillon.

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 02:34 PM
State opens 2nd half with a 9 minute and 9 seconds drive but come up empty when BC blocks the FG attempt.

PackMan97
10-06-2018, 02:56 PM
State opens 2nd half with a 9 minute and 9 seconds drive but come up empty when BC blocks the FG attempt.

Both teams have traded tds. 28-10 pack.

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 03:03 PM
28-16 now as State commits its 4th turnover of the game and BC scores a quick TD. Two point conversion failed.

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 03:21 PM
N.C. State gets a huge assist from the referees! BC knocking on the door to score but RB stripped of the ball a couple of seconds after his forward progress was stopped.

BC Head Coach Steve Addazio is livid.

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 03:28 PM
BC blocks the punt and recovers it in the end zone for a TD.

State 28, BC 23.

It's not over...

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 03:39 PM
State wins.

Northwestern upsets #20 Michigan State 29-19 in East Lansing.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-06-2018, 03:53 PM
BC blocks the punt and recovers it in the end zone for a TD.

State 28, BC 23.

It's not over...

The Pack tried to lose that one.
And any conference win is a good win, but without AJ Dillon, I don't think this is all that impressive of a win.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Temple 49 ECU 6

So Temple is about 65 points better than the cheats??? LOL

YmoBeThere
10-06-2018, 04:29 PM
The kickers for Syracuse and Pitt have booted 55, 54, and 51 yard field goals. Wish we could field that kind of kicking game.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-06-2018, 04:44 PM
The kickers for Syracuse and Pitt have booted 55, 54, and 51 yard field goals. Wish we could field that kind of kicking game.

On a field where the grass looks six inches high!

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Halftime: Florida State 20, Miami 7

chrishoke
10-06-2018, 05:45 PM
Northwestern upsets #20 Michigan State 29-19 in East Lansing.

And it was homecoming for MSU.

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Florida State returns a punt for a TD to expand their lead to 27-7. While I'm not excited FSU is winning, I am excited Miami is losing!

HereBeforeCoachK
10-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Ok State given up 40 today, with 9 minutes left. Not a great day for Knowles.

UPDATE: ISU now has 48 on Knowles D...Yikes.

Clemson: 5 TDs of 55 yards or longer.......talk about explosives. Mostly running.

Bob Green
10-06-2018, 07:03 PM
Miami has come roaring back to take a 28-27 lead with less than 12 minutes to play.

PackMan97
10-06-2018, 07:11 PM
State dominated BC statistically, but turned the ball over four times.

Glad we have an extra week for Clemson.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-06-2018, 09:11 PM
I'm trying to figure out if Clemson was that good.....or was Wake Forest that bad. 63-3? Good Lord....

CameronBornAndBred
10-06-2018, 11:11 PM
VT was making our loss look not so bad. So much for that, ND was toying with them.

duke2x
10-07-2018, 12:01 AM
I'm trying to figure out if Clemson was that good....or was Wake Forest that bad. 63-3? Good Lord...

Clemson is very good, but Wake's defense is absolutely awful right now. Wake is actually giving up 53 PPG to ACC+ND teams.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-07-2018, 12:43 AM
Clemson is very good, but Wake's defense is absolutely awful right now. Wake is actually giving up 53 PPG to ACC+ND teams.

Perhaps that Defensive coordinator that Clawson fired a couple of weeks ago wasn't so bad after all....maybe his players just stink on D.

budwom
10-07-2018, 09:04 AM
it's weird, they often have some pretty solid defenders...

Bob Green
10-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Reports have surfaced that Carolina quarterback Chazz Surratt is out for the season due to undergoing wrist surgery:

https://chapelboro.com/sports/unc-sports/unc-quarterback-chazz-surratt-out-for-the-season

hallcity
10-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Reports have surfaced that Carolina quarterback Chazz Surratt is out for the season due to undergoing wrist surgery:

https://chapelboro.com/sports/unc-sports/unc-quarterback-chazz-surratt-out-for-the-season

And his career at UNC was going so great.

brevity
10-10-2018, 08:47 PM

That is unfortunate. DBR's official position is we want UNC to lose in full health.

At least Chazz Surratt can bank the games he misses for injury this season as time served toward suspensions for any future violations next season. There's always a silver lining in those clouds occupying a Carolina blue sky.

OldPhiKap
10-10-2018, 09:22 PM

I hope for a full recovery, hate injuries even for heels.

DU82
10-10-2018, 09:27 PM
So, he was suspended for four games, and played one. Or was it only three game suspension and one game played. I guess he gets to redshirt.

I originally was going to ask if was eligible to red-shirt, primarily if the suspended games count as “played”. Then I remembered the cancelled game.

So, if the cheaters wind up with a 12th game, and of course Chazz would be suspended for THAT one, does he still get to redshirt?

And if he does, does that mean the suspended games wouldn’t count in any event, and he’ll be suspended for four games last year.

(Dagummit, this is complicated. If I did this in Chapel Hill, I would have just earned a Ph.D.!)

OldPhiKap
10-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Kelly Bryant visiting UNC this weekend. FWIW.

devildeac
10-10-2018, 10:26 PM

ABc. Please.

OldPhiKap
10-11-2018, 07:04 AM
ABc. Please.

Yup.

And may be hard to commit there when The Hat may not survive. Buying a pig in a poke to go there.

Hell, Jeff Monken could be their Coach next year and they could be running the option.

budwom
10-11-2018, 08:55 AM

yeah, two things jump to mind:
1) Bryant may not have done his best investigative work (on a variety of subjects, e.g. coaching tenure), and 2) if he does go to unc Surratt can enjoy a choice seat on the bench watching him perform.
I certainly take no joy in seeing Surratt injured, but watching him pee away his career at unc does tickle my schadenfreude bone a wee bit.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-11-2018, 12:50 PM
1) Bryant may not have done his best investigative work (on a variety of subjects, e.g. coaching tenure), and 2) if he does go to unc Surratt can enjoy a choice seat on the bench watching him perform.
I certainly take no joy in seeing Surratt injured, but watching him pee away his career at unc does tickle my schadenfreude bone a wee bit.

Agree to all....

AGDukesky
10-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Do injured athletes at UNC still get to skip out on classes like all the healthy players?

CameronBornAndBred
10-11-2018, 08:05 PM

Watching him cough up the ball at every chance possible makes me breathe a huge sigh of relief. Wonder if Cut has muttered a few "Whew!"s too.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Watching him cough up the ball at every chance possible makes me breathe a huge sigh of relief. Wonder if Cut has muttered a few "Whew!"s too.

Well perhaps that's true....and I've wondered the same thing. I've also wondered whether Chazz Surratt under Cut might not be a lot better than he is now. We'll never know that one, but I chuckle at the idea that certainly Chazz and his UNC loving family have wondered the same thing. Not cheering his injury, but enjoying his failures.

OldPhiKap
10-11-2018, 09:16 PM
I don’t want Chazz to fail.

I do, however, want Daniel Jones to be better.

So far, so good.

Acymetric
10-11-2018, 11:51 PM

It is really hard for me to imagine why he would transfer to unc. There HAVE to be better options where he would start right?

I'm assuming he wants to compete for something beyond hoping for 6-6 and a bowl game against Directional University...

arnie
10-12-2018, 07:12 AM
It is really hard for me to imagine why he would transfer to unc. There HAVE to be better options where he would start right?

I'm assuming he wants to compete for something beyond hoping for 6-6 and a bowl game against Directional University...

I think the Cheats land him: 1) he will be the starter- no competition, 2) No classes to interfere with his social life, 3) Fedora buyout is too great - the Hat is back at least for 2019

killerleft
10-12-2018, 09:46 AM
I think the Cheats land him: 1) he will be the starter- no competition, 2) No classes to interfere with his social life, 3) Fedora buyout is too great - the Hat is back at least for 2019

Never underestimate the power of the Cheat Bleats to throw money at an issue. Wouldn't be prudent.

JasonEvans
10-12-2018, 11:41 AM
Word is that Kelly Bryant is visiting UNC, Arkansas, Missouri, and Louisville. Why wouldn't NC State be on his radar? The Pack seems to have a nice team and they graduate QB Ryan Finley after this season.

PackMan97
10-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Word is that Kelly Bryant is visiting UNC, Arkansas, Missouri, and Louisville. Why wouldn't NC State be on his radar? The Pack seems to have a nice team and they graduate QB Ryan Finley after this season.

The Vegas odds makers have us tied as the second most likely destination. We recruited him heavily out of high school and the runner-up in his recruitment. Every QB that has started a game for Doeren has been a transfer...so there is also that :)

We do have Devin Leary (FR, likely to redshirt) set to take over at QB, so we are in good shape...I think it comes down to what Doeren thinks of Leary, of if he feels that he needs one more season as a backup. Either way, I'm not worried about State's QB situation next year.

I see no reason the Bryant would want any part of the hotmess that is Carolina's program...unless he's going to get to help pick out UNC's next coach.