PDA

View Full Version : Duke Section at Miami

PeteZaHut
09-27-2018, 08:22 PM
If Duke wins this Saturday, I may go ahead and plan a trip to Miami for that game. Has anyone ever bought tickets through Duke for a game at Miami? Tickets are $55. Are they decent seats? Probably worth the price not to have to sit with a bunch of Miami a-holes.

Stray Gator
09-27-2018, 08:49 PM
If Duke wins this Saturday, I may go ahead and plan a trip to Miami for that game. Has anyone ever bought tickets through Duke for a game at Miami? Tickets are $55. Are they decent seats? Probably worth the price not to have to sit with a bunch of Miami a-holes.

We went to the Miami game down there in 2014. The Duke section was in a corner on the lower level, and we thought our seats were not bad -- located on the aisle between the goal line and the five-yard line, about a third of the way up the stands. (Ironically, almost identical to the location of our seats at the UNC game in Chapel Hill last season.) Be forewarned, however: Across the aisle from us was a section of Canes fans who seemed to take pride in being loud, obnoxious, and crudely obscene throughout the game.

DU82
09-27-2018, 09:10 PM
The visitor’s section appears to be 122, which is the last section on the sideline behind the visitor’s bench. It matches the description Stray Gator gave. See you there on Nov. 4th to see the undefeated Blue Devils win the Coastal Division.

Stray Gator
09-27-2018, 09:24 PM
This was the view from our seats in the Duke section at the 2014 game:

You can see some of the Canes fans in the adjacent section across the aisle.

duke2x
09-27-2018, 11:03 PM
Miami (DuJour Corporate Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale) is the only venue I need to hit for the double ACC cycle (FB/BB). As much as I want to finish that task, I'm not sure this is the year. I haven't looked at airfare down there seriously. I can't predict whether you would do better buying tickets outside the stadium or from Duke. I would not wear blue in a non-Duke section, however.

Miami is my favorite non-Cameron basketball venue in January and February. :)

Dr. Rosenrosen
09-27-2018, 11:38 PM
They are a disgusting people. [?] Being there to see them lose in their own house would be amazing.
Why do you say that? I ask honestly to understand what makes them disgusting. I grew up in FL. The disgusting people down there are the FSU and UF fans. I understand why many loathe the program because of the scandal years back. I don’t condone what happened. But I don’t get the ridicule of the fan base. They’re nothing like cheater fans who truly are disgusting. And full disclosure, my father was a UM grad. (He was a pretty good guy by the way.) So I grew up a Cane before going to Duke. We were part of a lonely fan base in a state full of central and north Florida football scumbags. I can say that, I endured 18 years of ‘nole and gator BS. I know what they are like. Just like I endure the crap from chappa heeya turds every week here in the triangle. So I’m obviously a little sensitive about it but I wonder what it is that makes you say such a rotten thing about UM fans?

moonpie23
09-28-2018, 07:27 AM
Heels looked good.

Indoor66
09-28-2018, 07:53 AM
Miami plays its home games in the Miami Dolphins Stadium (Hard Rock Stadium). That stadium is located between 199th St and 203rd St in Miami Gardens and is easily accessed off of the Florida Turnpike - with an exit at the Stadium or via NW 27th Avenue.

Acymetric
09-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Miami (DuJour Corporate Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale) is the only venue I need to hit for the double ACC cycle (FB/BB). As much as I want to finish that task, I'm not sure this is the year. I haven't looked at airfare down there seriously. I can't predict whether you would do better buying tickets outside the stadium or from Duke. I would not wear blue in a non-Duke section, however.

What? Why not?

budwom
09-28-2018, 09:15 AM
visitor seats are almost always crappy, low down near the goal line. If you want a good view of the game, get your own tickets (in advance or via scalper at the game); if you have to sit with a lot of other Duke people, then take the crappy seats. Me, I'd rather have a decent view of the game...

BLPOG
09-28-2018, 09:29 AM

I've never had an issue wearing Duke gear at a Miami sporting event.

ndkjr70
09-28-2018, 09:30 AM
It’s almost like every fan base has a few bad apples?

My uncle, a UNC grad, went to a game in Cameron a few years ago and his 13 year old daughter was called a “disgusting little wh**e” by some — obviously trash — Duke fans.

I’m a proud alum of the University of Miami and calling us “trash” because you had a bad experience is spectacularly stupid.

ndkjr70
09-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Also, for some reason I’ll respond to your initial post and ignore your sad bout with crippling ignorance:

Buy tickets on stubhub. They’ll likely be cheaper and will definitely be better seats. Wear Duke stuff proudly; I have never seen a non-FSU fan heckled in the 28 games I’ve seen played at Hard Rock. Don’t be a jerk and we won’t be jerks back. Seems like a simple thing, especially to a Duke fan base who has a bit of a reputation.

OldPhiKap
09-28-2018, 09:40 AM
It’s almost like every fan base has a few bad apples?

My uncle, a UNC grad, went to a game in Cameron a few years ago and his 13 year old daughter was called a “disgusting little wh**e” by some — obviously trash — Duke fans.

I’m a proud alum of the University of Miami and calling us “trash” because you had a bad experience is spectacularly stupid.

Yup. And I'll throw this observation out, FWIW:

I took my family to an FSU-ND game in Tallahassee a few years ago. DadPK is an FSU alum, and we were in the FSU section decked in garnet and gold. There were five or six ND fans around us in the section who were the most obnoxious, crude drunks I had ever encountered at a sporting event.

The next year I took my daughter to ND for the Duke football game. I was very concerned given my experience in Tallahassee. However, I have never met a more uniformly gracious, inviting fan base than I encountered that day.

As the two DBR rejoinders go:

1. "Small sample sizes" can lead to wildly different conclusions; and
2. "Your mileage may vary" depending on the conditions in which you find yourself.

(Hell, there are even nice graduates and fans of our neighbors down 15-501, including several posters here who are infrequent but valued contributors.)

elvis14
09-28-2018, 10:54 AM
Two thoughts, first, how'd UNCheat do last night?

Second, the irony of nkdjr70 taking issue with the OP for calling Miami fans disgusting, and then making several disgusting posts attacking the OP (attack the point at hand not the poster). Kinda hard to argue for your alma mater when your posts embody the description you've taken issue with.

mattman91
09-28-2018, 10:56 AM
Two thoughts, first, how'd UNCheat do last night?

Second, the irony of nkdjr70 taking issue with the OP for calling Miami fans disgusting, and then making several disgusting posts attacking the OP (attack the point at hand not the poster). Kinda hard to argue for your alma mater when your posts embody the description you've taken issue with.

His knee was down.

elvis14
09-28-2018, 11:08 AM
His knee was down.

Yes it was! :(

devildeac
09-28-2018, 11:13 AM
His knee was down.

And, block/s in the back are NOT reviewable penalties. :mad:

BLPOG
09-28-2018, 11:18 AM
And, block/s in the back are NOT reviewable penalties. :mad:

"But we didn't review it, we swear! It was just a mistake and we picked up up the flag immediately after ten minutes after the play ended and totally did not spend a lot of time discussing it first."

devildeac
09-28-2018, 11:30 AM
"But we didn't review it, we swear! It was just a mistake even though we announced what the foul was and what penalty would be assessed for it and what would take place after the penalty was marked off and we picked up up the flag immediately after ten minutes after the play ended and totally did not spend a lot of time discussing it first."

Added real/true clarification cuz that's what the ***hat ref actually said when the the play was complete. :mad::mad:

HereBeforeCoachK
09-28-2018, 12:45 PM
(--redacted content--)

My observation of Miami fans, and there are some U graduates in my wife's family; First, the alums are one thing...second, the trendy hangers on, which is important to all Miami teams, are quite another. And third, there are the unaffiliated fans who migrated to the program simply because of the bad boy outlaw image. Those last two groups are WAY different than alums.

duke2x
09-28-2018, 02:55 PM
Added real/true clarification cuz that's what the [] ref actually said when the the play was complete. :mad::mad:

Most of Magallanes's crew hasn't worked a Duke game since. Some of them have (as in last Saturday).

I would be surprised if they work another Duke game of consequence, away or particularly home. (I need a reverse jinx. ;))

I'll echo the comment above about Miami alumni v. Miami unaffiliated fans.

JasonEvans
09-28-2018, 04:14 PM
Infractions, serious ones, have been handed out and a bunch of posts have been deleted. The thread probably reads really weird now but I was not going to allow that fighting to stay out in the open. You should both be ashamed of yourselves.

I want to thank the numerous posters who reported what was going on in this thread to the moderation team. We appreciate the help.

blazindw
09-28-2018, 05:34 PM
Tickets at Dolphin Stadium will be easy to come by. It is Homecoming that weekend, but it’s a huge stadium and it won’t be sold out in all likelihood.

Wear the colors proudly. I wore Duke gear throughout my time in law school there and afterwards. Represent and don’t worry. You will be greeted at tailgates with some friendly banter, some daps, and some rum and great food. Enjoy!

Proud alum of Duke and The U.

P.S. The knee was down. 😉

Mabdul Doobakus
09-29-2018, 01:16 AM
I'm also a Duke and UM alum, and a South Florida native. I've gone to a few Duke-Miami football games in my Duke blue and I can't recall anyone saying a negative word to me, not in the Orange Bowl, and not since the move to Dolphins Stadium. Besides maybe Duke alums, nobody in Miami cares about Duke football one way or another. It's a silly thing to worry about.