Temple @ BC (-14.5)
Syracuse @ Clemson (-21)
VT @ Duke (-3.5)
Pitt @ Central Florida (-14.5)
UVa @ State (-7.5)
FSU (-5.5) @ L’ville
Stanford @ Notre Dame (-3.5)*

* counting ND because they take one of our bowl spots

That Stanford-ND line seems low. I could see ND being favored by 7.

As for our game, there's a lot of uncertainty in the number because of the two starting QBs. Hopefully QH continues to progress. He will need to be efficient in his passing this week. For VT I looked up their QB situation. Ryan Willis, a JR, is the presumed starter and was not great in prior action the past three years. They also have a RS FR who might make his debut.

JasonEvans
09-25-2018, 02:23 PM
VT @ Duke (-3.5)

The line opened at Duke -3 and is now Duke -5. I think the news that Josh Jackson is 100% out caused it to jump.

Anyone have any idea how often Duke has been a 5-point pick over Va Tech in the past 25 years? Probably less than 1 ;)

Acymetric
09-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Is it just me or has this season been really devoid of interesting matchups so far (top tier teams playing each other)? Not just the ACC, but nationwide.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-25-2018, 03:53 PM
The line opened at Duke -3 and is now Duke -5. I think the news that Josh Jackson is 100% out caused it to jump.

Anyone have any idea how often Duke has been a 5-point pick over Va Tech in the past 25 years? Probably less than 1 ;)

Yeah, Jackson's injury.....and frankly, people realizing that Duke beat Army by 20 - two weeks before Army physically dominated Oklahoma!

Pghdukie
09-25-2018, 04:19 PM
Is it just me or has this season been really devoid of interesting matchups so far (top tier teams playing each other)? Not just the ACC, but nationwide.

Stanford/ND. Ohio St/Penn St should be an interesting weekend. All 4 are in the Top 10.

OldPhiKap
09-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Stanford/ND. Ohio St/Penn St should be an interesting weekend. All 4 are in the Top 10.

The Ohio St. v. Notre Dame makes me yearn for the days of ties. Because, they both can't lose under any scenario.

Kfanarmy
09-25-2018, 05:13 PM
Yeah, Jackson's injury....and frankly, people realizing that Duke beat Army by 20 - two weeks before Army physically dominated Oklahoma!

I'll give you the first. I think most voters probably realize Army's O-line has four freshman and is probably a significantly different team now than it was week one.

BigWayne
09-25-2018, 05:17 PM
The Ohio St. v. Notre Dame makes me yearn for the days of ties. Because, they both can't lose under any scenario.

Well they don't play each other until 2022 and 2023 when they have a home and home series scheduled.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-25-2018, 06:57 PM
I'll give you the first. I think most voters probably realize Army's O-line has four freshman and is probably a significantly different team now than it was week one.

I don't think the voters do that deep of a dive.

loran16
09-25-2018, 08:29 PM
Thu:
UNC @ Miami (-19.5)

Sat:
Rice @ Wake (-24.5)
Bowling Green @ Tech (-25.5)
Temple @ BC (-14.5)
Syracuse @ Clemson (-21)
VT @ Duke (-3.5)
UVa @ State (-7.5)
FSU (-5.5) @ L’ville

* counting ND because they take one of our bowl spots

My Inner Gambler says:

UNC @ Miami (-19.5)

Sat:
Rice @ Wake (-24.5)
Temple @ BC (-14.5)
Syracuse @ Clemson (-21)
VT @ Duke (-3.5)
UVa @ State (-7.5)
FSU (-5.5) @ L’ville

I'm really down on Pitt and GTech, so those lines seem a bit insane to me. (I also think Cuse is overrated and Clemson will have a chip on their shoulder to blow em out)

HereBeforeCoachK
09-26-2018, 10:54 AM
Some bad bad blood down in Tiger town.
I sympathize with Kelly Bryant, but the fact is, Lawrence is better and the Clemson O is more dynamic. It is what it is.

LINK: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24801672/demoted-clemson-tigers-qb-kelly-bryant-says-transfer

CameronBornAndBred
09-26-2018, 12:48 PM
My Inner Gambler says:

Temple @ BC (-14.5)

I'm really down on Pitt and GTech, so those lines seem a bit insane to me. (I also think Cuse is overrated and Clemson will have a chip on their shoulder to blow em out)
I'm guessing you aren't predicting those teams to actually win, just beat the spread? (FWIW, I think Temple is gonna get stomped by way more than 2.5 TDs.)

BigWayne
09-26-2018, 01:39 PM
I sympathize with Kelly Bryant, but the fact is, Lawrence is better and the Clemson O is more dynamic. It is what it is.

LINK: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24801672/demoted-clemson-tigers-qb-kelly-bryant-says-transfer

With the new 4 game rule, the top football schools now have a similar situation to the one and done in basketball. As soon as a high ranked QB is not named the starter, he will leave for another school. Have to keep recruiting new top QBs every year and guess how long each will stick around. 4th week of the season is going to start looking like a pro sports trade deadline where we have the endless talking heads speculating on who will leave.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-26-2018, 01:54 PM
With the new 4 game rule, the top football schools now have a similar situation to the one and done in basketball. As soon as a high ranked QB is not named the starter, he will leave for another school. Have to keep recruiting new top QBs every year and guess how long each will stick around. 4th week of the season is going to start looking like a pro sports trade deadline where we have the endless talking heads speculating on who will leave.

I think that's true, and I also think it could lead to more 5* QBs picking the non national powers.....could work for Duke....Cut might get some 4 or 5 star QBs....

Acymetric
09-26-2018, 04:42 PM

Could imagine the NCAA amending the rule that you only retain eligibility after 4 games played with no injury at the same school if this really got out of hand (although I'm not sure it will be as bad as you think it will).

TruBlu
09-27-2018, 06:52 PM
I can’t bring myself to say “go Canes” for tonight’s game, but I can definitely say “GTHC, GTH”!

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 07:02 PM
I can’t bring myself to say “go Canes” for tonight’s game, but I can definitely say “GTHC, GTH”!

I second that emotion.

TruBlu
09-27-2018, 07:47 PM
The line Is Miami -18.5.

Are they only taking bets on the first quarter?!?

arnie
09-27-2018, 09:04 PM
Great toss for TD by Surratt. Miami goes up 2TDs

DU82
09-27-2018, 09:11 PM
Great toss for TD by Surratt. Miami goes up 2TDs

Was he recruited by Miami, too?

arnie
09-27-2018, 09:17 PM
Was he recruited by Miami, too?

Ha ha. Curious if Cheats continue to use Sarrat’s running skills down 3 TDS 😀

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 09:27 PM

Another pick . . .

PDDuke85
09-27-2018, 09:27 PM

The cheats might look at EBay to see if there’s a legitimate reason to extend the suspension

arnie
09-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Another pick . . .

Fedora is a buffoon. Surratt cannot throw.

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 09:37 PM
To be fair, Surratt is struggling his first game of the season but he is getting absolutely no help from the O line. Looks like on that last pick Surratt and the WR were not on the same read, not sure who blew that one.

Fedora sucks, agreed obviously.

TruBlu
09-27-2018, 09:39 PM

But you gotta admit Surratt is a pretty good shoe salesman.

arnie
09-27-2018, 09:43 PM
But you gotta admit Surratt is a pretty good shoe salesman.

Just checked on IC. They begging for Kelly Bryant.

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 09:47 PM
Just checked on IC. They begging for Kelly Bryant.

Hard to find many Fedora fans tonight.

DukieInKansas
09-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Just pulled the game up online - announcers say that the carolina offense looks very uninterested. :D

cato
09-27-2018, 10:11 PM
I’m a big fan, personally.

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 10:13 PM
Elliott in for Surratt.

Missed FG.

9F!

UrinalCake
09-27-2018, 10:36 PM
Now Sewer-Rat is back in. Gotta love switching out QB’s mid-drive. That usually tends to work out great.

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 10:38 PM
Now Sewer-Rat is back in. Gotta love switching out QB’s mid-drive. That usually tends to work out great.

LOL, pick six

hallcity
09-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Will Fedora still be the coach at UNC when they come to Duke?

arnie
09-27-2018, 10:40 PM
LOL, pick six

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa. The 2nd INT tonite for Surratt had a chance to be a pick 6, but alas he only gets credit for 2. Think Fedora puts him back in??

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 10:41 PM
IC post about Fedora just now:

Suratt is probably thinking he passed up playing for Cutcliffe for this fool.”

Heh.

devildeac
09-27-2018, 10:41 PM
The cheats might look at EBay to see if there’s a legitimate reason to extend the suspension

Funny stuff.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-27-2018, 10:42 PM

Boy I hope so......he's really developed Surratt well....

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 10:42 PM

That’s the even better joke: his buy-out is humongous.

devildeac
09-27-2018, 10:43 PM

To be fair, Surratt is struggling his first game of the season but he is getting absolutely no help from the O line. Looks like on that last pick Surratt and the WR were not on the same read, not sure who blew that one.

Fedora sucks, agreed obviously.

IOW, in the words of moonpie, "heels looking good."

Happy for chazzzzzz to have thrown yet another TD pass. (lol)

devildeac
09-27-2018, 10:45 PM

Sitting right here at my keyboard.

I'd give him a lifetime extension. Tonight.

#GoFundMe

OldPhiKap
IC post about Fedora just now:

Suratt is probably thinking he passed up playing for Cutcliffe for this fool.”

Heh.

Reply:

“80 seconds ago
NCU77 said... (original post)

Suratt is probably thinking he passed up playing for Cutcliffe for this fool

Or maybe Cut realized Chazz isn't that good of a QB and pulled his offer.”

arnie
IOW, in the words of moonpie, "heels looking good."

Happy for chazzzzzz to have thrown yet another TD pass. (lol)

Surratt line so far. 4 completions in 10 attempts for 10 yards. Plus the 3 INTs and 2 TDS for the D.

devildeac
09-27-2018, 10:48 PM
Surratt line so far. 4 completions in 10 attempts for 10 yards. Plus the 3 INTs and 2 TDS for the D.

Kinda like Asack at VT several years ago.

I know. Too soon.

UrinalCake
09-27-2018, 10:48 PM
UNC offense: 10 points
Miami defense: 21 points

LOLOLOLOLOL

devildeac
09-27-2018, 10:52 PM
UNC offense: 10 points
Miami defense: 21 points

LOLOLOLOLOL

Maybe Miami awards the game ball to Surratt.

skysdad
09-27-2018, 10:52 PM

I think Surratt is a better shoe salesman than he is a QB.

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 10:54 PM
I think Surratt is a better shoe salesman than he is a QB.

Surratt is a good QB.
Fedora is a good coach.

Give them time. At least until after we play them.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-27-2018, 10:54 PM

And what is the return yardage......must be over 100......

devildeac
09-27-2018, 10:56 PM
Amazing. Refs actually called this on UM:

"DeeJay Dallas run for 7 yds to the MiaFl 43 MIAMI FL Penalty, Illegal Block (-10 Yards) to the MiaFl 47"

PDDuke85
09-27-2018, 10:58 PM
Too late for Daddy Surratt to call UNC and relay Chazz is decommitting?

HereBeforeCoachK
09-27-2018, 10:58 PM
Maybe Miami awards the game ball to Sir Ratt.

They tried to, but reflexively he threw it back to them

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 10:59 PM
“tarheelnbama 1324 posts
2 minutes ago
via Mobile
We dont do anything well. Well, except suck”

— IC

devildeac
09-27-2018, 10:59 PM
They tried to, but reflexively he threw it back to them

More funny stuff.

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 11:01 PM
Go for two!!!

devildeac
09-27-2018, 11:01 PM
"Timeout NORTH CAROLINA, clock 04:09"

Down 30 with UM at their 1. WTH?

Maybe the Hat is seeing if they can get a flight back to RDU tonight.

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 11:02 PM
"Timeout NORTH CAROLINA, clock 04:09"

Down 30 with UM at their 1. WTH?

Maybe the Hat is seeing if they can get a flight back to RDU tonight.

He uses up timeouts so Roy doesn’t have to.

devildeac
09-27-2018, 11:02 PM
Pitt must really, really suck.

(I'm guessing they won't when we play them. :mad:)

CameronBlue
09-27-2018, 11:04 PM
To call this a prison beatdown is to unfairly malign the penal system.

duke2x
09-27-2018, 11:08 PM
Pitt must really, really suck.

(I'm guessing they won't when we play them. :mad:)

Pitt's coach accused UNC of stealing signs. It could be why Pitt is the only P5 team UNC has beaten the past 2 years. It's pretty common over there; they did it to Franks in 1999.

We can beat Pitt. Their defense is a lot worse than usual.

OldPhiKap
09-27-2018, 11:10 PM
LOL,a sixth turnover trying to just run out the clock.

This is fun.

CameronBlue
09-28-2018, 04:13 AM
Kinda like Asack at VT several years ago.

I know. Too soon.

Only because some of us haven't sobered up yet.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-28-2018, 05:31 AM
Chazz' line against Miami is the worst QB line I've ever seen....ten yards of passing, no TD, with 3 interceptions - for 150 return yards - and two TD. Somehow, his QBR for that is a few points higher than Nathan Elliot's QBR. He was literally minus 140 in passing. Think about that. Has that ever happened?

I couldn't be happier for Chazz...:cool:

UrinalCake
09-28-2018, 08:54 AM
I was joking with an acquaintance of mine who is a big UNC fan and suggested that Surrat was actually a mole planted by Cutcliffe to destroy the UNC program, because he actually secretly still loves Duke. I was totally kidding, but my friend actually believed I was serious.

OldPhiKap
09-28-2018, 09:06 AM
I was joking with an acquaintance of mine who is a big UNC fan and suggested that Surrat was actually a mole planted by Cutcliffe to destroy the UNC program, because he actually secretly still loves Duke. I was totally kidding, but my friend actually believed I was serious.

Several folks on IC last night were suggesting that Cutcliffe actually had pulled Surratt's offer because Cutcliffe knew that Surratt was not that good.

Which is crazy. But it's IC.

Surratt looks tired. Maybe Chazz just needs a few more Z's.

TruBlu
09-28-2018, 09:54 AM
Just a thought, but maybe Surratt should start considering switching positions from QB to receiver. Far be it for me to assist anything to do with the cheats, but he doesn’t seem to have what it takes to be a passing QB. Or maybe he should transfer to a triple option team where the QB doesn’t throw as often.

In any case, I’m glad we whiffed on him. Whew!

(Please don’t let this post be a reverse jinx that turns him into an All-American.)

JasonEvans
09-28-2018, 10:13 AM
Just a thought, but maybe Surratt should start considering switching positions from QB to receiver. Far be it for me to assist anything to do with the cheats, but he doesn’t seem to have what it takes to be a passing QB. Or maybe he should transfer to a triple option team where the QB doesn’t throw as often.

In any case, I’m glad we whiffed on him. Whew!

(Please don’t let this post be a reverse jinx that turns him into an All-American.)

Let's not forget that he had probably the best game of his career against us last season when he threw for 250 and ran for almost 80 yards, getting 2 TDs in the process. He also had a hysterically awful interception but he was largely a very good QB in that game.

It is worth noting that DJ Chazzzzy Jeff had only 3 interceptions all of last year, a total he matched in last night's game. He has most assuredly shown flashes of being a good QB, he just needs more seasoning and experience. I fully endorse UNC keeping him as the starter as long as it takes for him to reach his full potential.

-Jason " ;) ;) " Evans

OldPhiKap
09-28-2018, 10:27 AM
It is also worth noting last night that Surratt was having his first action of the year against a pretty talented defensive Miami squad; got no help from his front line; suffered under the offensive game plan of The Hat; and was not on the same page with his receivers a number of times (whether that was from rust, poor QB reads, or poor reads from the WR I don't know). It is fun to pile on the kid because he decommitted from us but last night was a wholesale collapse of the Tar Heel offense.

Putting the Pitt game aside, UNC's offense only scored 17 against Cal and 19 against ECU while Chazz was out. (UNC scored 38 against Pitt, but Pitt gave up 51 to Penn St. so it does not look like the stoutest defense in the world). They have lots of issues. As soon as The Hat watches the film, though, I'm sure he'll get a clue . . . .

PackMan97
09-28-2018, 10:51 AM
I believe that Carolina is just setting up the rest of their scheduled opponents to become overconfident. I think they threw the game because they knew they couldn't win and this gives them the best chance to run the rest of their schedule. Such is the genius of Coach Larry Fedora.

CameronBlue
09-28-2018, 11:04 AM
It is also worth noting last night that Surratt was having his first action of the year against a pretty talented defensive Miami squad; got no help from his front line; suffered under the offensive game plan of The Hat; and was not on the same page with his receivers a number of times (whether that was from rust, poor QB reads, or poor reads from the WR I don't know). It is fun to pile on the kid because he decommitted from us but last night was a wholesale collapse of the Tar Heel offense.

Putting the Pitt game aside, UNC's offense only scored 17 against Cal and 19 against ECU while Chazz was out. (UNC scored 38 against Pitt, but Pitt gave up 51 to Penn St. so it does not look like the stoutest defense in the world). They have lots of issues. As soon as The Hat watches the film, though, I'm sure he'll get a clue . . . .

It's not the sort of thing fans dwell on but Coach Cut will likely bring it up a lot as Duke prepares for the Cheats; the last 22 seconds of the first half in last year's game--two plays, 75 yards, to tie the game at the half. Surratt was actually having a pretty good game against Duke until the pick 6 late in the contest. The best thing about Surratt is that he has Anthony Ratliff-Williams to target. We rejoice everytime God reaches into His Book of Revelations playbook and tosses another reminder of the perils of Human vanity at the Tar Heels but they're a pretty dangerous team anytime ARW is involved.

OldPhiKap
09-28-2018, 11:17 AM
I believe that Carolina is just setting up the rest of their scheduled opponents to become overconfident. I think they threw the game because they knew they couldn't win and this gives them the best chance to run the rest of their schedule. Such is the genius of Coach Larry Fedora.

Bold move, Cotton, let's see if it works.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-28-2018, 12:07 PM
It's not the sort of thing fans dwell on but Coach Cut will likely bring it up a lot as Duke prepares for the Cheats; the last 22 seconds of the first half in last year's game--two plays, 75 yards, to tie the game at the half. Surratt was actually having a pretty good game against Duke until the pick 6 late in the contest. The best thing about Surratt is that he has Anthony Ratliff-Williams to target. We rejoice everytime God reaches into His Book of Revelations playbook and tosses another reminder of the perils of Human vanity at the Tar Heels but they're a pretty dangerous team anytime ARW is involved.

Yep....while I'm enjoying the total implosion of the cheats, by the time our game roles around, they'll have everybody back and organized......and be dangerous. They aren't now, but they could get there. But man last night was almost as good as a Duke victory.

BigWayne
09-29-2018, 02:42 PM

Lawrence hurt and out for the game. Syracuse up 23-13 in the 4th quarter.

devildeac
09-29-2018, 02:52 PM

Is Jack Sears available?

:rolleyes::o

DU82
09-29-2018, 03:27 PM
Clemson fans rush the field after beating Syracuse?

duke2x
09-29-2018, 03:33 PM
Clemson fans rush the field after beating Syracuse?

I didn't see it, but note that Clemson lets the fans "rush" the field after every game.

duke2x
09-29-2018, 03:37 PM
IThe best thing about Surratt is that he throws a futbol overhead with 2 hands. We rejoice every time...

Fixed. :)

DU82
09-29-2018, 03:46 PM
I didn't see it, but note that Clemson lets the fans "rush" the field after every game.

It wasn’t a “go on the field after the game and the other team’s gone” it was “we won”.

Admittedly, coming back down 10 with what was the third string QB was pretty exciting.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-29-2018, 05:48 PM

Right, which is why Kelly Bryant maybe should've waited a game or two.....after all, he'd have been in before halftime, and played the entire second half, and gosh knows how much more this year. Since Bryant got knocked out of the game last season against this same defense, this possibility shouldn't have escaped him.

And Lawrence's injury was directly related to a very foolish decision. He got hurt trying for one extra yard near the sideline.....on third and 11 or something. Very foolish decision.

wilson
09-29-2018, 06:36 PM
Northwestern is solidly handling Michigan up to halftime. Would be another nice statement in favor of our strength of schedule, along with Army’s performance last week vs. Oklahoma.