PDA

View Full Version : Don't MIss the Grossbus Web Sites - Photography and a Surprise

sagegrouse
09-22-2018, 09:10 AM
Many of you are familiar with long-time poster Grossbus, who in my era at Duke was the premier photographer on pub row (3rd floor, Flowers) as well as a leader of the DUMB (hence the posting name).

I wanted to send him a private message and checked his actual first name (he was known as "Jerry" -- a derivative of his last name). I uncovered a splendid photography site (www.forrestjeromephotography.com) with nature photography from many areas, and a really neat section of bird photography. It turns out, he has a totally different website (forrestjerome.com), which was a real surprise. I'll leave the discovery to the DBR reader.

Sage Grouse

sagegrouse
09-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Really worth a look if you are into model railways.

Jim3k
09-28-2018, 12:18 AM
Not into them like that. That's magnificent.

I love 'em, but that level of love and craftsmanship is way beyond anything I ever dreamed of. I was about 14 when I outgrew my American Flyer. But I had no skills with landscaping and multiple ovals and multiple lines. It's a good thing those were always low voltage or I'd literally have been toast.

I did try a small loop out on my children, but they were unfamiliar with real trains so had not basis for understanding. No interest, no followup. :(

I once met a girl from Fayetteville whose father, a dentist, had an HO layout dominating his house and his garage. He, too, was a craftsman.