PDA

View Full Version : SI - toughest arena in CBB

UrinalCake
09-20-2018, 10:29 PM
No surprise here

Link (https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/09/20/toughest-arenas-places-play-college-hoops)

brevity
09-20-2018, 11:08 PM
I was kind of surprised it was a single-page list rather than an annoying slideshow. Still, save yourself a click:

1. Cameron Indoor Stadium (Duke)
2. Allen Fieldhouse (Kansas)
3. Rupp Arena (Kentucky)
4. McCarthey Athletic Center (Gonzaga)
5. Assembly Hall (Indiana)
6. The Pit/Dreamstyle Arena (New Mexico)
7. Carrier Dome (Syracuse)
8. Breslin Student Events Center (Michigan State)
9. Cintas Center (Xavier)
10. Hilton Coliseum (Iowa State)

I haven't been there, but I figured Gallagher-Iba Arena (Oklahoma State) would make the list. The Smith Center (UNC) got an honorable mention. Maybe there was one voter from Clemson?

UrinalCake
09-21-2018, 07:45 AM
The Smith Center (UNC) got an honorable mention. Maybe there was one voter from Clemson?

There must have been an asterisk, with the footnote of "only when it's the freakin' Duke game."

Wisconsin has one of the highest home winning percentages; I thought they'd be on the list too.

OldPhiKap
09-21-2018, 07:47 AM
The Smith Center (UNC) got an honorable mention.

Not often you see “honorable” in the same sentence as “UNC.”

Indoor66
09-21-2018, 08:06 AM

You haven't done your homework, OPK, and that is so unlike you. Just look up oxymoron in the dictionary. It is right there in the definition examples.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-21-2018, 08:28 AM
There must have been an asterisk, with the footnote of "only when it's the freakin' Duke game."

Actually, number one should've been whoever is hosting EVERY Duke game...the Dean's Myth Center, the Carrier Dome, Littlejohn, RBC Center, even the county facility FSU plays in - and of course back in the day at Maryland...when Duke comes to town it's a totally different atmosphere than any other game in those arenas. From my observation, it's been that way more or less since 1992....with a few lulls of course. They still talk about the LSU home crowd in that Laettner V Shaq match up.

UrinalCake
09-21-2018, 08:54 AM
Roy Williams even complains about how terrible his home crowd is, yet they wind up on a list of toughest arenas. This poll must have been graded by an AFAM secretary.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Roy Williams even complains about how terrible his home crowd is, yet they wind up on a list of toughest arenas. This poll must have been graded by an AFAM secretary.

...graded by people who watch one game a year there.....Duke @

ancienteagle
09-22-2018, 01:43 AM

And remember: You can't spell "dysfunctional" without UNC.

OldPhiKap
09-22-2018, 10:00 AM
And remember: You can't spell "dysfunctional" without UNC.

Or unctuous.

UrinalCake
09-22-2018, 10:06 AM
You can’t spell “lying, cheating scum bags” without U-N-C.

sagegrouse
09-22-2018, 11:02 AM
Or unctuous.

Or "uncouth"

JBDuke
09-22-2018, 11:12 AM
You haven't done your homework, OPK, and that is so unlike you. Just look up oxymoron in the dictionary. It is right there in the definition examples.

Interestingly enough, UNC is under both "oxymoron" and "moron".

ancienteagle
09-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Or "uncouth"

Or "dunce."