PDA

View Full Version : ACC announces game times for 9-29-18; Duke-VT at 7

jimsumner
09-17-2018, 12:13 PM
Syracuse at Clemson, Noon, ABC
Temple at Boston College, Noon, ESPN2 or ESPNU – network designation after the games of 9/22
Bowling Green at Georgia Tech, Noon, RSN
Virginia at NC State, 12:20 p.m., Raycom Sports
Florida State at Louisville, 3:30 p.m., ESPN2 or ESPNU – network designation after the games of 9/22
Pitt at UCF, 3:30 p.m., ESPN2 or ESPNU – network designation after the games of 9/22
Rice at Wake Forest, 3:30 p.m., RSN
Virginia Tech at Duke, 7 p.m., ESPN2 or ESPNU – network designation after the games of 9/22

All times are Eastern.

jimsumner
09-17-2018, 12:15 PM
Mods, Make that Duke-VT at 7

Acymetric
09-17-2018, 12:17 PM
Awesome kickoff time!

budwom
09-17-2018, 12:38 PM
unreal..may actually get to visit some of the booze tents some people here man (woman) and frequent..

OldPhiKap
09-17-2018, 12:41 PM
Prime Time Bay Bee!

arnie
09-17-2018, 12:45 PM
Finally; hope it’s on the deuce.

devildeac
09-17-2018, 12:47 PM
unreal..may actually get to visit some of the booze tents some people here man (woman) and frequent..

WV_Iron_Duke
09-17-2018, 01:31 PM
Really glad to hear this since I thought the game was scheduled for Friday night:)

HereBeforeCoachK
09-17-2018, 02:28 PM
awesome kickoff time!

this ^^^^

hallcity
09-17-2018, 03:29 PM
Finally, Duke gets the ACC's 7:00 Saturday night slot. We need to make the most of it -- big crowd and big win.

killerleft
09-17-2018, 04:12 PM
Finally, Duke gets the ACC's 7:00 Saturday night slot. We need to make the most of it -- big crowd and big win.

Yes, it would be especially nice if we could fill the stadium with DUKE fans. All of you gents and ladies waiting for whatever to align with whatever, this is it! Get your tickets now, before they get gobbled up by those brown-and-orange clad Gobblers!

I'm sure the betting line will slight us, but I feel like we should be favored. Egad!

budwom
09-17-2018, 04:40 PM
Yes, it would be especially nice if we could fill the stadium with DUKE fans. All of you gents and ladies waiting for whatever to align with whatever, this is it! Get your tickets now, before they get gobbled up by those brown-and-orange clad Gobblers!

I'm sure the betting line will slight us, but I feel like we should be favored. Egad!

Gobbler fans travel in flocks...wonder if a night tiff will deter them in any way...

They bonded with me one of the last times they visited...many thousands of them, polite as could be...very very hot day, Duke concession stands putting on a pitiful display of dispensing (selling) water, which required me to grab the head concession guy and point out: 1) the huge line of patient fans, 2) the snail like pace of service, 3) the heat and sunshine. Got a nice bit of applause from a number of parched Hokies...
p.s. can't imagine we'll be favored, but I hope we rise to the occasion...really nice to be able to leave my sunscreen at home...

arnie
09-17-2018, 06:02 PM
Really glad to hear this since I thought the game was scheduled for Friday night:)

Yea, don’t go to the DBR homepage for schedules - still shows the VaT game on Friday night at 8 pm. Better off going to the forum.

BigWayne
09-17-2018, 08:12 PM
Finally; hope it’s on the deuce.

It's between Duke/VT and Iowa State/TCU as to which one is on ESPN2/ESPNU. Depends on how TCU does at Texas this week more than anything else probably.

Gobbler fans travel in flocks...wonder if a night tiff will deter them in any way...

It will keep some away and the other ones will gobble up hotel rooms since they can't make a day trip work.

Faison1
09-17-2018, 11:02 PM
Wow! That's awesome news!!

The Marketing and PR Department has 2 weeks to make sure the stadium is filled with dark blue fans. What a great opportunity!

How long has it been since Duke played in the prime time spot?

The Miami game was on a Thursday or Friday night last year, right? Maybe UNC a few years ago?

devildeac
09-17-2018, 11:06 PM
Wow! That's awesome news!!

The Marketing and PR Department has 2 weeks to make sure the stadium is filled with dark blue fans. What a great opportunity!

How long has it been since Duke played in the prime time spot?

The Miami game was on a Thursday or Friday night last year, right? Maybe UNC a few years ago?

IIRC, the Duke-Miami game was a Friday night last year and not a good showing on the field though the crowd was large-for the first half. The Duke-cheats game was on a Thursday night with a much better outcome.

Acymetric
09-17-2018, 11:07 PM
IIRC, the Duke-Miami game was a Friday night last year and not a good showing on the field though the crowd was large-for the first half. The Duke-cheats game was on a Thursday night with a much better outcome.

We were prime-time for Miami in 2015, I know that much.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-17-2018, 11:16 PM
We were prime-time for Miami in 2015, I know that much.

Too soon

budwom
09-18-2018, 08:26 AM
It's between Duke/VT and Iowa State/TCU as to which one is on ESPN2/ESPNU. Depends on how TCU does at Texas this week more than anything else probably.

It will keep some away and the other ones will gobble up hotel rooms since they can't make a day trip work.

IIRC, the last time they came there were a zillion of them in buses...which is easy for a day game (leave home early, get home at a reasonable time).
I guess they could hop back on buses after a night game, sounds pretty uncomfortable to me...

UrinalCake
09-18-2018, 08:53 AM

There’s also a huge number of VT grads living here in the triangle area, what with all the jobs and stuff. Really hoping the Duke fans show up, it will be embarrassing if the stadium is 3/4 Hokie fans like it usually is when we play them. I’ll be there!

Faison1
09-18-2018, 10:33 AM
Too soon

I guess I purged that one from my memory.

To think UM was actually proud of that play.....

budwom
09-18-2018, 11:41 AM
There’s also a huge number of VT grads living here in the triangle area, what with all the jobs and stuff. Really hoping the Duke fans show up, it will be embarrassing if the stadium is 3/4 Hokie fans like it usually is when we play them. I’ll be there!

we could sprinkle large amounts of corn outside the stadium to see if that distracts them (as I type this a big flock of gobblers is marauding thru my yard, but none is wearing orange and maroon.)

HereBeforeCoachK
09-18-2018, 12:49 PM
I guess I purged that one from my memory.

To think UM was actually proud of that play....

Awful memory...probably the second most viewed highlight involving Duke ever......behind the more pleasant memory of Laettner/Kentucky and the shot....

BigWayne
09-22-2018, 11:41 PM

Well, TCU fell to Texas. That would work in our programming favor, except for the egg laid by the gobblers.

OldPhiKap
09-22-2018, 11:48 PM
Well, TCU fell to Texas. That would work in our programming favor, except for the egg laid by the gobblers.

Yeah, thought the same thing.

Still, I think we end up on the U.

awhom111
09-23-2018, 12:34 AM
No other source seems to be reporting it, but Duke says ESPN2:
https://twitter.com/DukeFOOTBALL/status/1043678227443724288

HereBeforeCoachK
09-23-2018, 08:14 AM

On a side note, that was very difficult scheduling situation for TCU......just one week after their special made for TV bonanza against Ohio State....they have to play Texas...with all the emotion there? Big advantage for Texas...and it showed.

killerleft
09-23-2018, 12:37 PM
I'm not as worried about VT's reaction to their loss as I am OUR reaction to it. All of a sudden we can't hide behind underdog status. We have underperformed against VT lately. Even before their ODU loss, I considered them equals. They aren't what they used to be and we're lots better. Go Duke!

BigWayne
09-28-2018, 06:04 PM
Now that we have a 7PM game, the State fan base takes over in the gametime lament. (https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article219186860.html)

Really interesting table linked in that article showing distribution of game times across the ACC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoMwW5oXsAAveIs.jpg