PDA

View Full Version : Which one of you does this belong to?

billy
09-13-2018, 05:59 PM

devildeac
09-13-2018, 06:30 PM

Great find! Wish I could claim it. Maybe wandalee has it on a second vehicle. ;)

Pghdukie
09-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Fats !

TKG
09-13-2018, 08:45 PM
Bueller. Bueller. Anyone?

DUKIE V(A)
09-14-2018, 12:52 PM
ROY?

devildeac
09-14-2018, 12:56 PM
ROY?

Nah, he's the one with the ROY KNEW plate. Third person and all that stuff. :p:rolleyes:

MChambers
09-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Almost as good as Get The Hat, Cat, Get The Hat

elvis14
09-14-2018, 01:40 PM
What a great plate. Wish it was mine. I have a black Tacoma but no UNCheat plate. I did use to have an "ELVIS14" plate.

devildeac
09-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Almost as good as Get The Hat, Cat, Get The Hat

Wait, you can't put that many characters on a NC license plate.

(Yes, I see what you did there ;).)

brevity
09-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Mods: you may want to fold this into the NC License Plate: GTHC (https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?42244) thread.

Hypothetical Wendy (https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?42244-NC-License-Plate-GTHC&p=1087693#post1087693) has another car? I am very interested to learn how she got this one past the DMV.

Act I

Wendy: "It says UNC HEATS. I live in Chapel Hill, and I build furnaces."
DMV Clerk: "No."

Wendy: "It says UNC-H EATS. I head the Dining Department at UNC's Hickory campus."

Wendy: "It says UN CHEATS. I just hate those diplomats who park wherever they want without getting a ticket."
DMV Clerk: "So do I! Stupid immunity! But no."

Act II

Wendy: "What's the problem here? Did you go to UNC or something?"
DMV Clerk: "Yes."
Wendy: "Then you have a price. What's it going to take to make this plate happen?"
DMV Clerk: "Hmm. Give me free McDonald's for life."
Wendy: "For life?! Despite my name, I don't own any fast food restaurants. How does that even work?"
DMV Clerk: "You mail me $100 in McDonald's gift cards every week."
Wendy: "That's over $5,000 a year!"
DMV Clerk: "That's my price."
Wendy: "You seem to have thought about this."
DMV Clerk: "Not really. It's the same deal UNC gave Sean May to keep quiet."

Act III

Wendy: "We have an agreement, then?"
DMV Clerk: "We do. I get free McDonald's for as long as you have the license plate."
Wendy: "Right. How do you plan on sneaking this plate past your bosses?"
DMV Clerk: "I'm going to tell them the UN thing. They hate those diplomats too."

WiJoe
09-14-2018, 05:45 PM

Fabulous !!!!

rasputin
09-14-2018, 06:48 PM
Mods: you may want to fold this into the NC License Plate: GTHC (https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?42244) thread.

Hypothetical Wendy (https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?42244-NC-License-Plate-GTHC&p=1087693#post1087693) has another car? I am very interested to learn how she got this one past the DMV.

Act I

Wendy: "It says UNC HEATS. I live in Chapel Hill, and I build furnaces."

Wendy: "It says UNC-H EATS. I head the Dining Department at UNC's Hickory campus."

Wendy: "It says UN CHEATS. I just hate those diplomats who park wherever they want without getting a ticket."
DMV Clerk: "So do I! Stupid immunity! But no."

Act II

Wendy: "What's the problem here? Did you go to UNC or something?"
DMV Clerk: "Yes."
Wendy: "Then you have a price. What's it going to take to make this plate happen?"
DMV Clerk: "Hmm. Give me free McDonald's for life."
Wendy: "For life?! Despite my name, I don't own any fast food restaurants. How does that even work?"
DMV Clerk: "You mail me $100 in McDonald's gift cards every week."
Wendy: "That's over $5,000 a year!"
DMV Clerk: "That's my price."
Wendy: "You seem to have thought about this."
DMV Clerk: "Not really. It's the same deal UNC gave Sean May to keep quiet."

Act III

Wendy: "We have an agreement, then?"
DMV Clerk: "We do. I get free McDonald's for as long as you have the license plate."
Wendy: "Right. How do you plan on sneaking this plate past your bosses?"
DMV Clerk: "I'm going to tell them the UN thing. They hate those diplomats too."

You must spread some Comments around before commenting on brevity again.

wandalee
09-14-2018, 08:20 PM
Wish I could claim it. That's priceless, if it's real.

Tripping William
09-14-2018, 09:22 PM
You must spread some Comments around before commenting on brevity again.

Gotcha covered. Brilliant! Only thing missing is the word “Leslie.”

Newton_14
09-14-2018, 09:32 PM
This is awesome and props to Bill and Brevity. I too am shocked it got approved but it did so Woot Woot!

billy
09-14-2018, 10:36 PM
Wish I could claim it. That's priceless, if it's real.

It's real - followed it down Pickett Road (just to the south of campus) yesterday

Neals384
09-15-2018, 12:19 AM
It's real - followed it down Pickett Road (just to the south of campus) yesterday

You let them get away???

DukieInKansas
09-15-2018, 08:00 AM
What are Coach K's grandkids driving these days? ;)

Are they driving yet?

billy
09-15-2018, 09:07 AM
You let them get away???

:p. Yep - I didn’t know if they were watching me take pics in their rear view mirror or not, and I didn’t want them to think I was a UNC fan taking pictures to send to my senator or sheriff or something...

Total non-sequitor here, but for those in the Durham area check out County Fare at Lakewood - across the parking lot from where Satisfaction used to be. Great place to watch the Baylor game. Bottom fill drafts (40 or so), open air, food trucks, lots of TV’s. Here’s the Duke b-ball tie-in - it’s owned by coach K’s son-in-law and his brother

wandalee
10-16-2018, 09:39 AM
I saw a good license plate in Durham yesterday - DUKE&ABC

BLPOG
10-16-2018, 10:05 AM

Reminds me of a car I used to see around Durham with the plate: BEERPIMP. If I recall correctly there were Duke decals on the car as well.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-16-2018, 10:20 AM

I'm assuming that refers to Anybody But Cheaters........and not the State ABC Board - an institution vying with the NC DOT for the most corrupt department of state gov.

BLPOG
10-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Reminds me of a car I used to see around Durham with the plate: BEERPIMP. If I recall correctly there were Duke decals on the car as well.

I'm assuming that refers to Anybody But Cheaters....and not the State ABC Board - an institution vying with the NC DOT for the most corrupt department of state gov.

That's the logical interpretation. The shared acronym is what prompted my recollection though. I agree with your assessment of the ABC, as well.

OldPhiKap
10-16-2018, 11:16 AM
the State ABC Board - an institution vying with the NC DOT for the most corrupt department of state gov.

If you can't trust drinking and driving, what's left?

devildeac
10-16-2018, 12:01 PM
If you can't trust drinking and driving, what's left?

Killerleft?

Lefthook lacey?

I'll leave now. Exit stage left.

:o

Indoor66
10-16-2018, 12:27 PM

Did you check with Devildeac and Fuse to see if it belonged to either of them?

devildeac
10-16-2018, 12:31 PM
Did you check with Devildeac and Fuse to see if it belonged to either of them?

A good thought but not mine. :p

Indoor66
10-16-2018, 12:37 PM
A good thought but not mine. :p

I'm glad that is clear. My faith is restored. Now, where is Fuse?

devildeac
10-16-2018, 01:26 PM
I'm glad that is clear. My faith is restored. Now, where is Fuse?

Try this door:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?3840-Ymm-Beer

;)

-jk
10-16-2018, 07:43 PM
I saw an early 2000s Mercury Grand Marquis in DC recently with "GTHCGTH" (Va plate). Anyone want to claim that one?

-jk

devildeac
10-16-2018, 07:49 PM
I saw an early 2000s Mercury Grand Marquis in DC recently with "GTHCGTH" (Va plate). Anyone want to claim that one?

-jk

I'll nominate weezie as the prime suspect as she's on Mt. Hatemore and that's her kind of ride.

-jk
10-16-2018, 08:01 PM
I'll nominate weezie as the prime suspect as she's on Mt. Hatemore and that's her kind of ride.

This you, weezie?

-jk

OldPhiKap
10-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Out on the road today, I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac.

devildeac
10-16-2018, 08:14 PM

What'd the little voice inside your head say?

OldPhiKap
10-16-2018, 08:52 PM

Don’t look back.

You can NEVER look back.

Oh, and that UNC is a bunch of lying, cheating, thieving weasel-bastards who can rot in pustulent Hell for eternity.

The little voice is very active.

Rich
10-16-2018, 11:01 PM

Don’t look back.

You can NEVER look back.

And yet, the boys of summer are still playing!

weatherman
10-17-2018, 09:05 AM
Hey guys! Had to register in order to claim the plate. Its real and its spectacular! Grew up a Duke fan (uncle played b-ball in the Bubas era) and went to State, so my hatred for the arrogant cheating a-holes comes from two directions. I've followed the numerous scandals with an unhealthy fervor and decided I had to act since the NCAA didn't. Oh, as for the ROY KNEW plate, well that's my son's whose hatred comes mainly from the State side. I raised him well!

OldPhiKap
10-17-2018, 09:12 AM
Hey guys! Had to register in order to claim the plate. Its real and its spectacular! Grew up a Duke fan (uncle played b-ball in the Bubas era) and went to State, so my hatred for the arrogant cheating a-holes comes from two directions. I've followed the numerous scandals with an unhealthy fervor and decided I had to act since the NCAA didn't. Oh, as for the ROY KNEW plate, well that's my son's whose hatred comes mainly from the State side. I raised him well!

For a first post, you certainly announced yourself with authority.

Kudos. And Welcome.

And GTH,C.

devildeac
10-17-2018, 09:26 AM

Not one but two levels of family awesomeness. Great info. Thanks, and welcome to DBR!

elvis14
10-17-2018, 09:51 AM

Glad you decided to post. You should stick around, I think you'll fit in quite well around here.

brevity
10-17-2018, 01:22 PM

Welcome to DBR. I have two questions:

1. Did the DMV give you any resistance when you and your son ordered these plates?

2. Do you have any other personalized license plates in your family that we should know about?

You may also get a few questions about your uncle from the Bubas-era crowd. In the past they’ve had an encyclopedic knowledge of Duke basketball rosters, so they probably remember him.

weatherman
10-17-2018, 02:40 PM
No resistance from DMV as it was done online w/o human contact. Their algorithms exclude vulgarity (not truths ;) ). My other family members live out-of-state, so my son and I are the only ones disseminating truth. My uncle (through marriage) was Ron Herbster. Never started, but played over 80 games during the original golden years of Duke b-ball. His teams were beaten by UCLA twice in the final four iirc.

billy
11-20-2018, 08:33 PM

Sorry about the resolution...