PDA

View Full Version : Duke Chat help

Dopeshop
09-09-2018, 12:58 PM
For senior devils, will the mods post an "idiot- proof " , step by step way to successfully join Duke Chat on an I phone .

I see "Duke Chat is now open " but I can never join. Thanks.

-jk
09-09-2018, 02:23 PM
DBR Chat isn't available via the (default in ios and other devices) Mobile skin; you must change to the Blue skin - the one you get when you're on a computer.

Before clicking the chat link on your phone, go to the bottom of the page and find the dropdown that says "Mobile" (just above the blue portion that has "log out"). Change it to "Blue" and OK it. Then scroll back up to the chat link and click it. When it's time to go back, the dropdown is at the very bottom of the page and will say "Blue".

Personally, I use a second browser on my iphone for Chat so I can keep reading the threads in Mobile view while chatting in Blue.

-jk

Newton_14
09-09-2018, 08:32 PM
DBR Chat isn't available via the (default in ios and other devices) Mobile skin; you must change to the Blue skin - the one you get when you're on a computer.

Before clicking the chat link on your phone, go to the bottom of the page and find the dropdown that says "Mobile" (just above the blue portion that has "log out"). Change it to "Blue" and OK it. Then scroll back up to the chat link and click it. When it's time to go back, the dropdown is at the very bottom of the page and will say "Blue".

Personally, I use a second browser on my iphone for Chat so I can keep reading the threads in Mobile view while chatting in Blue.

-jk

This is my strategy as well. Also, I have found using Chrome on my Iphone for DBR works much better than using the DBR APP which constantly makes me login moving between forums which sucks.