PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fantasy Football 2018-2019

elvis14
08-29-2018, 11:16 PM
Had my first draft tonight. I'll post results tomorrow. Last year we had a thread that was used to post draft results, ask about possible trades, let us know when you won your league (I won one of my leagues and finished 10 of 12 in the other), etc. Hopefully this thread will be lively and fun. Good luck to you all. My next draft is in a week, the night before the season kicks off.

elvis14
08-31-2018, 11:00 AM
Here is the team I drafted Wed night. I was picking 9th in a 12 team standard (non-PPR) league with no keepers. We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1D, 1K.

I was pretty happy that Fournette was available for my first pick. In the second round, I was hoping for Keenan Allen but he was picked one spot before me so I had to 'settle' for AJ Green.

I drafted Josh Doctson a little early in hopes that he has a break out year (plus, he's a great red zone target). Plus I'm a Redskins fan. Not sure what I'll do with Dak. I've never kept a Cowboys player on my team before. My friend that chose Allen managed to draft 2 QB's with the same bye week so I may use Dak as trade bait (although I might break down and use him if he's killing it).

Flying Elvises

Round
Pick
Player
Position

(9)
Leonard Fournette (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/30117)
RB

(16)
A.J. Green (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24791)
WR

(33)
LeSean McCoy (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9317)
RB

(40)
Demaryius Thomas (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/23997)
WR

(57)
Brandin Cooks (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/27548)
WR

(64)
Marshawn Lynch (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8266)
RB

(81)
Kirk Cousins (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/25812)
QB

(88)
Delanie Walker (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7924)
TE

(105)
Randall Cobb (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24851)
WR

(112)
Josh Doctson (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/29256)
WR

(129)
Duke Johnson Jr. (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/28465)
RB

(136)
Dak Prescott (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/29369)
QB

(153)
Tyler Eifert (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/26644)
TE

(160)
Ty Montgomery (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/28482)
RB

(177)
Chicago (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/chi)
DEF

(184)
Mason Crosby (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8447)
K

My other league drafts next Wednesday. In that league, I'll have 2 keepers. Keenan Allen will cost me my 2nd round pick and Deshaun Watson (Clemson) will cost me the 15th round pick. It's a PPR league (where QB's get a point per completion and -1 per incompletion...and thus are more important than most leagues). I pick 2nd and Todd Gurley is someone's keeper so I'll have the opportunity to draft a really good RB (Bell, Johnson, Zeke <-- not sure if I can do this).

Looking forward to the season starting after these horrible week 4 pre-season games end.

JasonEvans
08-31-2018, 03:19 PM
Which QBs were still on the board when you took Cousins in the 7th round? I'm just wondering. I think Kirk is a good starting QB in fantasy this year (esp in a 12 team league). He is pretty certain to have better receivers in Minny than he did in Washington (with all due respect to our boy Crowder).

Acymetric
08-31-2018, 06:18 PM
I like that squad, although I might have hoped to take someone else besides McCoy in the 3rd.

kmspeaks
09-01-2018, 12:31 PM
I Love how I can always count on DBR to educate me on whatever topic I'm interested in at the moment. Last season I joined my first Fantasy League which is an all female league of high school teachers and coaches. Last year we auto-drafted so this season was my first crack at a fantasy draft.

It's a 10 team league, PPR, start 1 QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1 Flex, 1 Super Flex, 1 K, 1D. This is what I ended up with:

Round
Player
Position

David Johnson
RB

AJ Green
WR

Kenyan Drake
RB

Jimmy Graham
TE

JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR

Kirk Cousins
QB

Randall Cobb
WR

Ben Roethlisberger
QB

Chris Thompson
RB

Jordy Nelson
WR

Julian Edelman
WR

Evan Engram
TE

Marquise Lee
WR

Pittsburgh
D

Matt Bryant
K

I got the waivers thing down but didn't execute any trades last year. I don't know if anybody in the league did, we're all still learning :D

Acymetric
09-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Glad you're enjoying fantasy. One piece of advice, Marquise Lee is out for the season, so drop him and add someone else!

kmspeaks
09-03-2018, 02:52 PM
Glad you're enjoying fantasy. One piece of advice, Marquise Lee is out for the season, so drop him and add someone else!

Yep, we drafted before his injury. I dropped him and grabbed Keelan Cole.

Acymetric
09-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Yep, we drafted before his injury. I dropped him and grabbed Keelan Cole.

Nice! My draft is in a few hours...can't wait!

CDu
09-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Nice! My draft is in a few hours...can't wait!

My second of 3 is in 1 hour. I like-ish my first team, but hoping for better with this one.

Acymetric
09-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Well...I really like my starting lineup but don't love my bench.

QB - Cam Newton
WR - Tyreke Hill
WR - Doug Baldwin
WR - Josh Gordon
RB - David Johnson
RB - Dalvin Cook
TE - Tre Burton
Flex - Chris Carson
K - Justin Tucker
DEF - Panthers

Bench:
Mark Ingram (RB)
Robbie Anderson (WR)
DJ Moore (WR)
Keelan Cole (WR)
Kelvin Benjamin (WR)
James Conner (RB)

Tempted to drop Conner for Marlon Mack who went undrafted but not quite convinced.

CDu
09-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Two of my three drafts are done.

First one was a 10-team standard:
QB - Cousins
RB - Hunt
RB - Cook
WR - ARob
WR - Marvin Jones
TE: Doyle
DEF: Pats
K: Bryant
Bench:
Cooks
Ingram
Jeffery
Morris
Mack
Doctson
Eifert

Tonight’s draft (10 team PPR)
QB: Smith
RB: DJohnson
RB: McCaffrey
WR: Cooper
WR: ARob
TE: Walker
DEF: Bears
K: Prater
Bench:
CDavis
Funchess
Jeffery
Crowell
JReed
Mack
AJones

In the first draft, I waited one round too long at TE. In tonight’s, I probably went one round earlier than I would have too avoid the same mistake. But, fairly pleased with each team for now.

Acymetric
09-03-2018, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't worry about having Doyle at TE, solid late round pick. Would suggest hawking the waivers for WR though, biggest concern for both rosters IMO.

Acymetric
09-03-2018, 11:17 PM
Will add that I'm extremely jealous you got to pair DJ and CMC...killer RB setup.

CDu
09-04-2018, 07:49 AM
I should add I forgot my FLEX: Royce Freeman in the first league, McCoy in last night’s league.

I wouldn't worry about having Doyle at TE, solid late round pick. Would suggest hawking the waivers for WR though, biggest concern for both rosters IMO.

Yeah, admittedly that was always the downside of going RB/RB/RB. I was picking from the 2nd/3rd tier of WRs from the getgo. I am not worried at WR per se, but it will likely be the weaker part of my team. Especially in the first league. In that one, I will need Jeffery to get healthy or Cooks to shine in LA to boost me. I doubt there will be a waiver add that cracks my top 4 at WR though - just going to have to hope guys hit, or hope to make up the difference at RB.

I am happier in the PPR league at WR. I think Cooper will be a target monster this year, same for Funchess. I am hoping for a big year from Davis in year 2 and Robinson in a revamped Chicago offense. And again the wild card in Jeffery.

But in both, I am really only looking for two guys to hit, because I will be playing 3 RBs pretty much every week.

Will add that I'm extremely jealous you got to pair DJ and CMC...killer RB setup.

Yeah, that was crazy good luck. I was picking sixth, and 3-5 took Zeke, Brown, and Kamara. So I gladly scooped up DJ and was happy to take CMC at 15 in PPR.

elvis14
09-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Which QBs were still on the board when you took Cousins in the 7th round? I'm just wondering. I think Kirk is a good starting QB in fantasy this year (esp in a 12 team league). He is pretty certain to have better receivers in Minny than he did in Washington (with all due respect to our boy Crowder).

Jason, here's how QB drafting went:

Brees- 3rd round
Rodgers - 4
Cam - 4
Brady - 4
Wilson - 5
Watson - 5
Stafford - 7
Cousins - 7 <-- me
Wentz -7
Rivers - 8
Garappolo - 8
Rothlisb. - 8
Mahomes - 11
Luck - 11
Mariota - 11 (I wasn't falling for his fools gold again)
Ryan - 11 (2nd QB behind Rivers)
Goff - 12
Smith - 12
Prescott - 12
Carr - 14
Bortles - 16
Manning - 16

I've talked with my friend about trading Prescott (a Cowboy) to him for Ryan because Ryan and Rivers have the same bye week (he screwed up). As much as I hate the Cowboys and almost never have them on my roster (like 2 times in over 20 years), I may have to see how Prescott does and either hold my nose and play him or get a better trade if he's doing well. As for the draft, looking at the QB's taken after Cousins, the only one that I really might have taken as high as the 7th round was Rivers).

elvis14
09-04-2018, 01:27 PM
I like that squad, although I might have hoped to take someone else besides McCoy in the 3rd.

I rolled the dice on McCoy. If I remember correctly he was just the best choice...and I was looking for another choice at RB. I hate being weak at RB so I didn't want to wait on a RB at that point.

JNort
09-04-2018, 02:05 PM

The problem with Kirk though is now he's on a team with a great defense and a great runningback. So a good defense and a good run game means he's gonna get less oppurtunity for yards and maybe even tds.

JNort
09-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Two of my three drafts are done.

First one was a 10-team standard:
QB - Cousins
RB - Hunt
RB - Cook
WR - ARob
WR - Marvin Jones
TE: Doyle
DEF: Pats
K: Bryant
Bench:
Cooks
Ingram
Jeffery
Morris
Mack
Doctson
Eifert

Tonight’s draft (10 team PPR)
QB: Smith
RB: DJohnson
RB: McCaffrey
WR: Cooper
WR: ARob
TE: Walker
DEF: Bears
K: Prater
Bench:
CDavis
Funchess
Jeffery
Crowell
JReed
Mack
AJones

In the first draft, I waited one round too long at TE. In tonight’s, I probably went one round earlier than I would have too avoid the same mistake. But, fairly pleased with each team for now.

That's an insane ppr team! I really hate ARob though. Bears will most likely finish dead last in passing but I love the upside of Davis at wr.

JNort
09-04-2018, 02:12 PM
I Love how I can always count on DBR to educate me on whatever topic I'm interested in at the moment. Last season I joined my first Fantasy League which is an all female league of high school teachers and coaches. Last year we auto-drafted so this season was my first crack at a fantasy draft.

It's a 10 team league, PPR, start 1 QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1 Flex, 1 Super Flex, 1 K, 1D. This is what I ended up with:

Round
Player
Position

David Johnson
RB

AJ Green
WR

Kenyan Drake
RB

Jimmy Graham
TE

JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR

Kirk Cousins
QB

Randall Cobb
WR

Ben Roethlisberger
QB

Chris Thompson
RB

Jordy Nelson
WR

Julian Edelman
WR

Evan Engram
TE

Marquise Lee
WR

Pittsburgh
D

Matt Bryant
K

I got the waivers thing down but didn't execute any trades last year. I don't know if anybody in the league did, we're all still learning :D

A super flex, regular flex, plus 3 wrs? That's some tough drafting right there! Perhaps your a Jimmy Graham fan but 4th rd seems crazy early to me and more so since this is ppr where he isn't a ppr type of guy. I bet Graham almost never starts over your other tight end. I would have passed on tight end until you had at minimum 2 qbs, 3 rbs and 4 wrs unless you could have gotten Gronk in round 3.

CDu
09-04-2018, 02:35 PM
That's an insane ppr team! I really hate ARob though. Bears will most likely finish dead last in passing but I love the upside of Davis at wr.

I think the Bears will be a much better passing offense this year than they were last year. New coaching staff, new offense (they are taking KC's offense since their head coach and OC is the former OC in KC), better personnel. Totally different gameplan than last year. I think the biggest recipient of the new offense will be Trey Burton, but I think they'll get their WRs MUCH more involved than last year's 1970's offense. I'm hoping that ARob gets close to the WR1 share of KC's offense in Chicago.

Now, I don't expect the Bears to have as good an offensive season as KC did last year. But I'd be quick shocked if they were anywhere near the bottom in passing.

elvis14
09-05-2018, 11:32 AM
I'm going to have an interesting decision to make in my draft tonight. It's a 12 team PPR league with keepers. I'm picking 2nd and my keepers are Keenan Allen (he'll be my second round pick) and Deshaun Watson (he'll be my 15th and final round pick).

Todd Gurley is a keeper. I'd prefer to draft a RB in the 2 spot. So that leaves me with:

Bell - who knows when he shows up
Elliot - I hate the Cowboys 9F style and I don't know how healthy his o-line is
Johnson - Coming off injury was a beast in 2016
Kamara - Seems like a reach with the 2nd pick
Antonio Brown - PPR gold but that would have me picking a RB in the 3rd round

Thoughts?

Acymetric
09-05-2018, 11:34 AM
Well, James Conner is looking like a pretty good late round flyer! Not sure if I would start him over Chris Carson even if Bell continues not to show up though.

I would consider trading him to the Bell owner...but I play the Bell owner this week so I'd rather leave him shorthanded. :cool:

Acymetric
09-05-2018, 11:35 AM
I'm going to have an interesting decision to make in my draft tonight. It's a 12 team PPR league with keepers. I'm picking 2nd and my keepers are Keenan Allen (he'll be my second round pick) and Deshaun Watson (he'll be my 15th and final round pick).

Todd Gurley is a keeper. I'd prefer to draft a RB in the 2 spot. So that leaves me with:

Thoughts?

Go DJ, no question (especially with it being PPR). I took him #1 overall this year with no qualms whatsoever.

JNort
09-05-2018, 11:57 AM

Thoughts?
Yeah I go DJ as well.

JNort
09-05-2018, 12:02 PM
I think the Bears will be a much better passing offense this year than they were last year. New coaching staff, new offense (they are taking KC's offense since their head coach and OC is the former OC in KC), better personnel. Totally different gameplan than last year. I think the biggest recipient of the new offense will be Trey Burton, but I think they'll get their WRs MUCH more involved than last year's 1970's offense. I'm hoping that ARob gets close to the WR1 share of KC's offense in Chicago.

Now, I don't expect the Bears to have as good an offensive season as KC did last year. But I'd be quick shocked if they were anywhere near the bottom in passing.

Are you a Bears fan? Cause I don't see anyway they aren't automatically one of the bottom 2. Worst qb in the league with bad wrs on top of it.

elvis14
09-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Go DJ, no question (especially with it being PPR). I took him #1 overall this year with no qualms whatsoever.

Yeah I go DJ as well.

Thanks guys. I was talking with friends at lunch and we came down to: take Bell or DJ, whichever is available. I think you guys are saying to take DJ even if Bell is available. The guy with #1 has Melvin Gordon as a keeper so there's a chance he could just pluck A.Brown.

CDu
09-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Are you a Bears fan? Cause I don't see anyway they aren't automatically one of the bottom 2. Worst qb in the league with bad wrs on top of it.

Yes, I am a Bears fan. But I feel quite comfortable saying I'm a pretty realistic one. I knew their offense would stink the last few years. Especially last year, when we had no WRs, a terrible stop-gap QB and an inexperienced rookie in waiting, and one of the worst OCs in the league. But I think you're sleeping on them this year. Robinson is most certainly not a bad WR - heck, he caught for over 1400 yds with Blake Bortles throwing to him. Trey Burton is a breakout candidate at TE after being stuck behind Zach Ertz in Philly. Anthony Miller looks the part of a #2, and they have also added two speedsters as the #3 and #4 in Gabriel and White. Totally different set of receiving options this year. And on top of that, the scheme itself will be much improved: the same scheme that made Alex Smith look very good last year).

Now, I certainly don't think the Bears' passing game will be a juggernaut like KC's or Philly's last year. But I think it will be solid. The question as to whether or not it will be good or just solid in my mind is Trubisky. He's an unknown at this point. I don't think your assessment of him as the worst QB in the league is accurate, nor do I think it is based on much evidence. He had 12 starts as a rookie, with arguably the worst offensive coordinator in the league and the worst WRs. But they've replaced basically everything to do with the offense (including the entire coaching staff) around Trubisky except for the two guys who were good last year (Howard and Cohen).

Passing offenses that I feel fairly confident will be worse this year than Chicago's? Buffalo, Jets, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Miami, Arizona, Baltimore, and Dallas. Passing offense that could also be worse than the Bears? Cincy, Denver (because of the QB, not the weapons), and Washington.

Acymetric
09-05-2018, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys. I was talking with friends at lunch and we came down to: take Bell or DJ, whichever is available. I think you guys are saying to take DJ even if Bell is available. The guy with #1 has Melvin Gordon as a keeper so there's a chance he could just pluck A.Brown.

I really don't think you can take Bell there now, unless you're willing to wait half the season for him to play and are confident in your starters without him. He should be back in time for a late-season push and the fantasy playoffs, but you have to make the playoffs for that to count for anything!

JasonEvans
09-05-2018, 01:33 PM
I really don't think you can take Bell there now, unless you're willing to wait half the season for him to play and are confident in your starters without him. He should be back in time for a late-season push and the fantasy playoffs, but you have to make the playoffs for that to count for anything!

Last year when he held out, Bell was pretty mediocre the first three weeks of the season and then was a total beast the rest of the year (the #1 fantasy performer over the final 13 weeks of the season). But, last year his holdout ended before this one will. Who knows how long it will take him to become a beast again this year... or even if he will come back. If he really wants to force the Steeler's hand, actually sitting out games that matter could send a powerful message.

Acymetric
09-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Last year when he held out, Bell was pretty mediocre the first three weeks of the season and then was a total beast the rest of the year (the #1 fantasy performer over the final 13 weeks of the season). But, last year his holdout ended before this one will. Who knows how long it will take him to become a beast again this year... or even if he will come back. If he really wants to force the Steeler's hand, actually sitting out games that matter could send a powerful message.

There are reports that he might sit out until week 10 (the latest he could join the team and accrue a season I think).

Highlander
09-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Who do you think is the stronger Defensive play - Philly D vs. Atlanta or Carolina D. vs. Dallas. Yahoo says Carolina but users are picking Philly.

I'm leaning Panthers b/c I figure the Atlanta offense brings more to the table than Dallas. Philly plays tomorrow so I've got to decide soon.

Also trying to decide between Lockett, Evans, and Funchess for WR spots. Leaning Evans and Funchess currently, although none has a particularly great matchup.

elvis14
09-05-2018, 04:31 PM
Still looking at my first pick. If the guy drafting first takes DJ (giving him Gurley and DJ), that leaves me with a tough choice. Bell (with all his issues) or Elliot. I've been playing F.Football since about '92 and I have literally never started a Cowboy. At the same time this is my main league and I'd like to win this year (won my other league and came in 10th in this league). Of course the league I won was free and the one I lost had a $2k pot.

If he takes DJ, here are my choices:

1) Take Zeke - Ugh
2) Take Bell . - Ugh
3) Take Brown - I'd have to go RB in the 3rd round with pick 26 since Keenan Allen is my 2nd round keeper at pick 23

Take a flyer on Fournette (ranked 10), Barkley (ranked 12). Note that Kamara, D.Hopkins, M.Gordon are all keepers (6,7,8 rank).

The rankings listed are from a custom sheet created for our league using Footballguys.com and their Draft Dominator Tool.

Acymetric
09-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Who do you think is the stronger Defensive play - Philly D vs. Atlanta or Carolina D. vs. Dallas. Yahoo says Carolina but users are picking Philly.

I'm leaning Panthers b/c I figure the Atlanta offense brings more to the table than Dallas. Philly plays tomorrow so I've got to decide soon.

Also trying to decide between Lockett, Evans, and Funchess for WR spots. Leaning Evans and Funchess currently, although none has a particularly great matchup.

I say Panthers (I'm starting them in my two leagues for at least the first week), I don't think very highly of the Dallas offense. Atlanta is much more likely to put up points.

CDu
09-05-2018, 04:51 PM
I say Panthers (I'm starting them in my two leagues for at least the first week), I don't think very highly of the Dallas offense. Atlanta is much more likely to put up points.

I agree. Dallas has Zeke... and not much else. They lost a lot at WR and TE, and suffered some O-line setbacks, and I don’t think they replaced it well. And I don’t think Dak is good enough to carry that passing offense the way Wilson has in Seattle.

Mabdul Doobakus
09-05-2018, 05:01 PM
I'm a sad Le'veon Bell owner.

The thing is, at this point, the Steelers can't give him the long term contract he wants, even if they were desperate to do so. I think I read they could pay him more for this year, but they can't add years. So, it's pretty clear that Le'veon isn't angling for a long term deal at this point--because he can't get one--and so, in fact, what he's doing is quite the opposite. His chances of ever getting a long term deal from the Steelers has never been lower. He's burning his bridges and will most likely be playing somewhere else next year.

Whether he will show up in the first 10 weeks will depend on whether he thinks it's worth throwing away $8 million to theoretically maximize his chances of getting a big long term deal somewhere else, and also whether he cares about his teammates and his legacy and all that as much as he cares about the money.

IMO, he'd get the best long-term deal if he played this whole year and played well. Sitting out isn't going to get him a better deal, but it would possibly decrease the risk of a significant injury that would cause his next contract to plummet. Of course, it may increase his risk of injury, if he's not in game shape and the Steelers throw him out there anyway. The Steelers will have little incentive to minimize his work load. And...he also may not play all that well if he's rusty and not in game shape.

All in all, I understand why he's doing what he's doing. In his mind, he's minimizing his risk. In my mind, it's questionable as to whether he's minimizing his risk, but he's definitely lowering his ceiling while throwing away potentially millions of dollars.

In the meantime, I'm rolling with Chris Carson and Lamar Miller and hoping for the best.

JNort
09-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Yes, I am a Bears fan. But I feel quite comfortable saying I'm a pretty realistic one. I knew their offense would stink the last few years. Especially last year, when we had no WRs, a terrible stop-gap QB and an inexperienced rookie in waiting, and one of the worst OCs in the league. But I think you're sleeping on them this year. Robinson is most certainly not a bad WR - heck, he caught for over 1400 yds with Blake Bortles throwing to him. Trey Burton is a breakout candidate at TE after being stuck behind Zach Ertz in Philly. Anthony Miller looks the part of a #2, and they have also added two speedsters as the #3 and #4 in Gabriel and White. Totally different set of receiving options this year. And on top of that, the scheme itself will be much improved: the same scheme that made Alex Smith look very good last year).

Now, I certainly don't think the Bears' passing game will be a juggernaut like KC's or Philly's last year. But I think it will be solid. The question as to whether or not it will be good or just solid in my mind is Trubisky. He's an unknown at this point. I don't think your assessment of him as the worst QB in the league is accurate, nor do I think it is based on much evidence. He had 12 starts as a rookie, with arguably the worst offensive coordinator in the league and the worst WRs. But they've replaced basically everything to do with the offense (including the entire coaching staff) around Trubisky except for the two guys who were good last year (Howard and Cohen).

Passing offenses that I feel fairly confident will be worse this year than Chicago's?Buffalo, Jets, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Miami, Arizona, Baltimore, and Dallas. Passing offense that could also be worse than the Bears? Cincy, Denver (because of the QB, not the weapons), and Washington.

I think I like the qb and wrs on those teams better than Chicago's lineup.

CDu
09-06-2018, 11:59 AM
I think I like the qb and wrs on those teams better than Chicago's lineup.

Well, we'll see how it plays out I guess. But I can't imagine why you'd feel better about Buffalo's Peterman/Allen combo at QB and Benjamin and crap combo at WR. Just as one example.

JNort
09-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Well, we'll see how it plays out I guess. But I can't imagine why you'd feel better about Buffalo's Peterman/Allen combo at QB and Benjamin and crap combo at WR. Just as one example.

Yeah I don't wanna bog this thread down on this but to keep it short I think Mitch is worse than all the starting NFL qbs and worse than around 1/4 of the backups. As for the Bills v Chicago wr group, just the fact that Kelvin is on the Bills makes that grouping better than anything Chicago can field to me.

CDu
09-08-2018, 07:37 AM
Yeah I don't wanna bog this thread down on this but to keep it short I think Mitch is worse than all the starting NFL qbs and worse than around 1/4 of the backups. As for the Bills v Chicago wr group, just the fact that Kelvin is on the Bills makes that grouping better than anything Chicago can field to me.

Yeah, we disagree substantially on both of your statements here. But, time will tell.

CDu
09-09-2018, 03:19 PM
After watching the, umm, effort out of Buffalo's starter today, I'll go ahead and say quite confidently that Trubisky isn't the worst starting QB in the NFL. And I suspect the list of QBs he proves better than will increase with time this season.

Wander
09-09-2018, 09:32 PM
After watching the, umm, effort out of Buffalo's starter today, I'll go ahead and say quite confidently that Trubisky isn't the worst starting QB in the NFL.

I might just stream available defenses based on who's playing the Bills for the rest of the season...

accfanfrom1970
09-09-2018, 09:34 PM
How many fantasy teams could get wrecked again this year if Rodgers is out ?

accfanfrom1970
09-10-2018, 06:09 AM
How many fantasy teams could get wrecked again this year if Rodgers is out ?

Or won when he came back...

elvis14
09-10-2018, 09:54 AM
I might just stream available defenses based on who's playing the Bills for the rest of the season...

I'm thinking the same thing. Both of my fantasy teams should win by the end of tonight. My Redskins won and played well. The Cowboys (the UNCheat of the NFL) lost and the Giants lost. A great first week. A few other thoughts:

Wow did the Bills suck yesterday. McCoy being that bad is going to cost one of my fantasy teams.
I'll have to replace D.Walker at TE
What do I do with Doug Baldwin? He was going to be a strong WR3/Flex for me.
Trubisky is clearly not the worst QB in the NFL. Where did he play his college ball? Oh yeah, he's a Cheater. I hope every pass he ever throws in incomplete and that includes just passing the salt at the dinner table. Also hope that he fumbles every single time he runs with the ball. AAArrrrrggghhhh!!!!! 9F

thedukelamere
09-10-2018, 10:32 AM
Three of the worst feelings in all of sports-fandom:

-Any loss to 9f
-Watching 9f win anything of importance
-Losing in fantasy football when your team scores the 2nd most points by a wide margin

Unless Gurley goes down in flames tonight, I'm going to open the season 1-3 in my 4 leagues. Two of the three losses would beaten any of the other 10 teams in each league.

Also, as a Bears fan, at no point in the 2nd half did I doubt AR would find a way to somehow win the game. There's been plenty of games that have ripped my heart out, but this wasn't one of them... If anything I'm just excited to feel any emotion for the Bears again!

Acymetric
09-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Three of the worst feelings in all of sports-fandom:

-Any loss to 9f
-Watching 9f win anything of importance
-Losing in fantasy football when your team scores the 2nd most points by a wide margin

Unless Gurley goes down in flames tonight, I'm going to open the season 1-3 in my 4 leagues. Two of the three losses would beaten any of the other 10 teams in each league.

Also, as a Bears fan, at no point in the 2nd half did I doubt AR would find a way to somehow win the game. There's been plenty of games that have ripped my heart out, but this wasn't one of them... If anything I'm just excited to feel any emotion for the Bears again!

I'm shaping up to go 3-0 this week, despite starting Marquise Goodwin in one league (luckily I also started Kamara) and Doug Baldwin in another (where I happened to also have Tyreke Hill). Hill also helped me overcome LeSean McCoy's poor performance in the third league.

I'm thinking the same thing. Both of my fantasy teams should win by the end of tonight. My Redskins won and played well. The Cowboys (the UNCheat of the NFL) lost and the Giants lost. A great first week. A few other thoughts:

Wow did the Bills suck yesterday. McCoy being that bad is going to cost one of my fantasy teams.
I'll have to replace D.Walker at TE
What do I do with Doug Baldwin? He was going to be a strong WR3/Flex for me.
Trubisky is clearly not the worst QB in the NFL. Where did he play his college ball? Oh yeah, he's a Cheater. I hope every pass he ever throws in incomplete and that includes just passing the salt at the dinner table. Also hope that he fumbles every single time he runs with the ball. AAArrrrrggghhhh!!!!! 9F

I was intentionally avoiding McCoy in all drafts (because of age and the Bills being awful more than the suspension risk) but he fell so far in one that I couldn't help myself. Wishing I would have stuck to my guns there.

Baldwin is interesting...I'm waiting to see a good timeline for him but might legitimately consider dropping him if it is more than a few weeks given he already had injury concerns with his other knee. Depends on other injuries and how things shake out when I start hitting bye weeks.

Acymetric
09-11-2018, 03:41 PM
Had a guy offer me Brandon Marshall for Doug Baldwin straight up. Any thoughts? I of course took Baldwin thinking that the upside would be worth it if he were healthy enough, but now he's clearly missing some time and might be limited all season between the two separate knee issues. I am at the bottom of the waiver wire (#10 out of 10) so unlikely to get any of the good targets this week (Ginn, Godwin, Enunwa, Jackson are the only interesting players available) .

Current WR situation:

WR1: Tyreke Hill
WR2: Josh Gordon
WR3: Robbie Anderson (formerly Doug Baldwin)

Bench: Doug Baldwin, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb

JNort
09-11-2018, 07:11 PM
Had a guy offer me Brandon Marshall for Doug Baldwin straight up. Any thoughts? I of course took Baldwin thinking that the upside would be worth it if he were healthy enough, but now he's clearly missing some time and might be limited all season between the two separate knee issues. I am at the bottom of the waiver wire (#10 out of 10) so unlikely to get any of the good targets this week (Ginn, Godwin, Enunwa, Jackson are the only interesting players available) .

Current WR situation:

Bench: Doug Baldwin, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb

To me that's not remotely tempting. You don't really need him because he will never be a better option than your 2nd and 3rd options so keeping Baldwin is a higher upside move.

JNort
09-11-2018, 07:14 PM
My work league (for money) was a heartbreaker. Only way I could feasibly lose was for the Rams defense to get a td and Amari Cooper to simultaneously suck it up... yeah. Great outcome for the other guy.

My friends league I went against the guy who scored 160 in a standard scoring system... Everyone on his team seemed to have over 10 points and multiple guys over 20.

Acymetric
09-11-2018, 07:18 PM
To me that's not remotely tempting. You don't really need him because he will never be a better option than your 2nd and 3rd options so keeping Baldwin is a higher upside move.

Yeah, as I thought about it on the way home I realized I didn't like the trade at all, not much different from dropping Baldwin for someone on waivers.

What about Baldwin straight up for Allen Robinson, or pairing James Conner and Baldwin to the Bell owner for Diggs (which would effectively replace Conner with Diggs in my starting lineup and give me some WR depth)?

Acymetric
09-11-2018, 07:23 PM
My work league (for money) was a heartbreaker. Only way I could feasibly lose was for the Rams defense to get a td and Amari Cooper to simultaneously suck it up... yeah. Great outcome for the other guy.

My friends league I went against the guy who scored 160 in a standard scoring system... Everyone on his team seemed to have over 10 points and multiple guys over 20.

Yikes! Although...I spent the entire preseason telling people to avoid Cooper at all costs. He is going to get a ton of volume, fail to produce, and they'll eventually start to go away from him. He'll have a couple amazing games, but it won't matter because he'll be on everyone's bench after going for <5 points over and over again leading up to them. Start scouring for WR options, you're going to need alternatives.

kmspeaks
09-11-2018, 09:50 PM
1-0 and I was the league high scorer this week...thank you Randall Cobb! I was also able to pick up James Conner on waivers today.

JNort
09-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Yeah, as I thought about it on the way home I realized I didn't like the trade at all, not much different from dropping Baldwin for someone on waivers.

What about Baldwin straight up for Allen Robinson, or pairing James Conner and Baldwin to the Bell owner for Diggs (which would effectively replace Conner with Diggs in my starting lineup and give me some WR depth)?

Whats the scoring system and who else do you have at runningback and wr?

Acymetric
09-12-2018, 12:01 PM
Whats the scoring system and who else do you have at runningback and wr?

Half point PPR. 3 WR, 2 RB, Flex

RB1: David Johnson
RB2: Dalvin Cook
Flex: James Conner (would be Diggs/Anderson if I made the trade probably)

Bench WR: Doug Baldwin, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn Jr.
Bench RB: Chris Carson, Mark Ingram

I feel like I have a ton of dart throw WR with upside, but nobody that I feel legitimately comfortable with on a week-week basis outside of Hill. Getting someone like Diggs gives me confidence at WR1/2 and lets me play my upside guys at WR3 and Flex instead of WR2/3 (and Flex if Conner falls off or Bell comes back). I'm also not confident that Baldwin will be especially usable even when he returns.

JasonEvans
09-12-2018, 01:48 PM
I was also able to pick up James Conner on waivers today.

No offense, but that says more about the quality of the managers in your league than it does about the savvy of your waiver wire moves. How on Earth was James Connor not owned in your league coming into week one?!?! Were all of you in some kind of bunker for the past month so you did not know about Le'Veon Bell's holdout?

Acymetric
09-12-2018, 02:14 PM
No offense, but that says more about the quality of the managers in your league than it does about the savvy of your waiver wire moves. How on Earth was James Connor not owned in your league coming into week one?!?! Were all of you in some kind of bunker for the past month so you did not know about Le'Veon Bell's holdout?

I do think that this is a group that is newer to fantasy football, let's be nice ;)

JasonEvans
09-12-2018, 02:36 PM
I do think that this is a group that is newer to fantasy football, let's be nice ;)

Sorry, you are right. I think Duke fans should have been especially aware of what a beast Connor was given when he did to Duke the past few years.

Freshman 2013 - 26 carries, 173 yards, 6.7 yards per carry, 1 TD
Soph 2014 - 38 carries, 263 yards, 6.9 yards per carry, 3 TDs
Junior 2015 - injured, thanks god!
Senior 2016 - 14 carries, 101 yards, 7.2 yards per carry, 2 TDs

-Jason "thank goodness he has no more eligibility left!" Evans

JNort
09-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Half point PPR. 3 WR, 2 RB, Flex

RB1: David Johnson
RB2: Dalvin Cook
Flex: James Conner (would be Diggs/Anderson if I made the trade probably)

Bench WR: Doug Baldwin, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn Jr.
Bench RB: Chris Carson, Mark Ingram

I feel like I have a ton of dart throw WR with upside, but nobody that I feel legitimately comfortable with on a week-week basis outside of Hill. Getting someone like Diggs gives me confidence at WR1/2 and lets me play my upside guys at WR3 and Flex instead of WR2/3 (and Flex if Conner falls off or Bell comes back). I'm also not confident that Baldwin will be especially usable even when he returns.

I might make that trade then.

kmspeaks
09-12-2018, 10:07 PM

Hahaha it is definitely not a league for football fanatics :D:D but it is a fairly level playing field so still fun!

mkirsh
09-13-2018, 07:44 AM
Crowdsourcing line up advice. Full point PPR, need 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 flex.

Here is what I’m thinking

RB - Kareem Hunt, Isaiah Crowell
WR - D Hopkins, A Theilen, M Crabtree
TE - Jack Doyle

Bench
Phillip Lindsay
Alex Collins
Jay Ajayi
Randall Cobb
Tyler Lockett
Jimmy Graham

Based on last week I should start Cobb, but not sure of Rodgers status. Ajayi and Lindsay outperformed Hunt last week but think I still need to start him. Any sage advice?

Acymetric
09-13-2018, 08:13 AM
Crowdsourcing line up advice. Full point PPR, need 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 flex.

Here is what I’m thinking

TE - Jack Doyle

Bench
Phillip Lindsay
Alex Collins
Jay Ajayi
Randall Cobb
Tyler Lockett
Jimmy Graham

Based on last week I should start Cobb, but not sure of Rodgers status. Ajayi and Lindsay outperformed Hunt last week but think I still need to start him. Any sage advice?

Replace Crowell with Lindsay or Collins. Cobb at the flex if Rodgers plays, whichever RB you didn't play between Lindsay or Collins if Rodgers sits.

mkirsh
09-13-2018, 08:28 AM
Replace Crowell with Lindsay or Collins. Cobb at the flex if Rodgers plays, whichever RB you didn't play between Lindsay or Collins if Rodgers sits.

Thanks

However I’m an idiot and forgot a player - have TJ Yeldon at the flex. Yes I know I have too many RBs

Flex - TJ Yeldon
TE - Jack Doyle

Bench
Phillip Lindsay
Alex Collins
Jay Ajayi
Randall Cobb
Tyler Lockett
Jimmy Graham

kmspeaks
10-16-2018, 02:16 PM
I will start by saying I feel that I know more than the average female about football in general but I'm still new to fantasy so I've got myself in a bit of a bye week pickle here.

My Roster
Kirk Cousins
*Ben Roethlisberger
AJ Green
Julian Edelman
John Brown
*JuJu Smith-Schuster
*Randall Cobb
*Jimmy Graham
*Jordy Nelson
David Johnson
*James Conner
Kenyan Drake
Chris Thompson

*Week 7 Bye

I know, I know :( so now I'm looking to the waiver wire to fix it. We start 1 QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1 Flex (WR/RB), and 1 Super Flex (QB/WR/RB). Tight ends are lumped in with wide receivers and the super flex has essentially made it a 2 QB league. I'm not sure if I should go get a 3rd QB to play in Roethlisbeger's spot this week and then in Cousins' during his week 10 bye or just go with extra WR/RB's in that super flex spot those weeks. Here are some of the top players available in my league:

QB - Blake Bortles, Sam Darnold, CJ Beathard
WR/TE - Albert Wilson, Eric Ebron, Kenny Golladay, Taylor Gabriel, Austin Hooper
RB - Austin Ekeler, Nyheim Hines, Javorius Allen, Tevin Coleman

My first thought was to drop Graham and Nelson while picking up Ebron and Golladay or one of those guys plus a QB but then I thought I would seek the collective wisdom of the OTB before I made any moves.

JNort
10-16-2018, 08:03 PM
I will start by saying I feel that I know more than the average female about football in general but I'm still new to fantasy so I've got myself in a bit of a bye week pickle here.

My Roster
Kirk Cousins
*Ben Roethlisberger
AJ Green
Julian Edelman
John Brown
*JuJu Smith-Schuster
*Randall Cobb
*Jimmy Graham
*Jordy Nelson
David Johnson
*James Conner
Kenyan Drake
Chris Thompson

*Week 7 Bye

I know, I know :( so now I'm looking to the waiver wire to fix it. We start 1 QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1 Flex (WR/RB), and 1 Super Flex (QB/WR/RB). Tight ends are lumped in with wide receivers and the super flex has essentially made it a 2 QB league. I'm not sure if I should go get a 3rd QB to play in Roethlisbeger's spot this week and then in Cousins' during his week 10 bye or just go with extra WR/RB's in that super flex spot those weeks. Here are some of the top players available in my league:

QB - Blake Bortles, Sam Darnold, CJ Beathard
WR/TE - Albert Wilson, Eric Ebron, Kenny Golladay, Taylor Gabriel, Austin Hooper
RB - Austin Ekeler, Nyheim Hines, Javorius Allen, Tevin Coleman

My first thought was to drop Graham and Nelson while picking up Ebron and Golladay or one of those guys plus a QB but then I thought I would seek the collective wisdom of the OTB before I made any moves.

Omg go grab Coleman.... he should never he on waivers for starters. Yes I would grab a qb (whichever has the better matchup), also yes grab Golladay! Golladay and Coleman should be starting over most of the guys in your lineup.

I would drop Thompson for Coleman, Jordy for Golladay and Cobb for a qb. I would rather have Ebron than Jimmy also but that's just my .02

Acymetric
10-23-2018, 01:54 PM
I have a roster question here...struggling with what to do. There are three guys out there that I'm considering grabbing, but I don't know who to drop (if anyone).

My roster:

QB: Cam Newton
WR: Tyreke Hill
WR: Tyler Boyd
WR: Josh Gordon
RB: David Johnson
RB: James Conner
TE: Tre Burton OR George Kittle (drop one?)
Flex: Mark Ingram

Bench:
Dalvin Cook
Sony Michele
Doug Baldwin (droppable?)
DeSean Jackson (droppable?)
Aaron Jones (droppable?)

There are three players on my radar: Kirk Cousins (to play keep away, and have an elite backup option), Lamar Miller, Marlon Mack. Should I try to get any of those guys, and who would you drop if so? I'm tempted to drop Aaron Jones because I think he only has upside if there are injuries and I'm pretty stacked at RB. Dropping two of the top TEs is a hard sell, but it feels weird rostering two of them. I want to pick up Cousins because I am just at the edge of playoff contention, and I don't want one of the teams with a bad QB to suddenly grab a top-5 guy in Cousins and pass me in the rankings.

thedukelamere
10-23-2018, 02:23 PM
I have a roster question here...struggling with what to do. There are three guys out there that I'm considering grabbing, but I don't know who to drop (if anyone).

My roster:

Bench:
Dalvin Cook
Sony Michele
Aaron Jones (droppable?)

There are three players on my radar: Kirk Cousins (to play keep away, and have an elite backup option), Lamar Miller, Marlon Mack. Should I try to get any of those guys, and who would you drop if so? I'm tempted to drop Aaron Jones because I think he only has upside if there are injuries and I'm pretty stacked at RB. Dropping two of the top TEs is a hard sell, but it feels weird rostering two of them. I want to pick up Cousins because I am just at the edge of playoff contention, and I don't want one of the teams with a bad QB to suddenly grab a top-5 guy in Cousins and pass me in the rankings.

On the flip side, do any of the fringe teams see an upgrade at TE by picking up Kittle or Burton? I'd play keep away with them and drop Aaron Jones or DeSean (both of whom are boom or bust most weeks). There's a steep drop off from the top teir TEs to the middle of the pack, but another drop off from the Kittles and Burtons to the Austin Hoopers of the world. Hold on to Baldwin until after this week and see if the Bye did him (and Russ Wilson) any good.

thedukelamere
10-23-2018, 02:29 PM
Oh, and I'd pick up Lamar Miller (if I didn't already own him in 2 of my 4 leagues). If he's still in Houston, their week 13-15 slate could make him a valuable flex if and when Conner gets Belled. If he gets traded, it'll hopefully be to a team that can run block.

JNort
10-23-2018, 04:41 PM

My roster:

Bench:
Dalvin Cook
Sony Michele
Aaron Jones (droppable?)

Well you should almost never roster 2 qbs since they are the most worthless position in fantasy right along with kickers and defenses. So don't grab Kirk, it's a wasted roster spot. For reference I think last season there were like 41 qbs who at some point finished as qb1 at least once. This season I didn't draft a qb until the last 3 rounds. I've started Bortles, Dalton, Stafford, Winston, and Eli Manning all at least once this year and the worst performance I got was 19 points. For qbs just play the matchups unless you got an elite one (Like Cam).

Marlon Mack is a must add imo. He's the best actual running back on that team and is looking good. I would drop DeSean Jackson who is just a weekly flier type of guy you can always find on waivers.

Lamar Miller is a probably add. I would first try to trade one of your tight ends maybe in a package deal with Jackson to a tight end needy team for a rb or wr. If you can't do that then this is more difficult to figure out. Lamar Miller just isn't a great rb and loses touches to Blue frequently. However it's about to get worse, their prized young rb they drafted last year is about to rejoin the team after missing the first half of the year while being on the PUP. Many think he will take the carries away from Lamar which would make him essentially useless for fantasy.

Don't drop Aaron Jones! He's a stash player for now. He missed the first quarter of the season for suspension and since he's returned the Packers have made him their go to guy and he's looked dang good. The only thing your waiting for now is for the Packers to give him the full on load. Aaron Jones could be a guy who wins people fantasy championships late this year as it gets colder and team run the ball more.

Acymetric
11-29-2018, 02:00 PM
So coming into the home stretch, I am playing the best team in the league with a win securing a first round bye. The team I am going against is by a wide margin the best team in the league and has outscored the next closest team by over 200 points on the season. Trying to pick 3 of these players (half PPR league) listed roughly in the order that I think I would rank them. Any thoughts appreciated, first round bye is key!

David Johnson
Aaron Jones
James Conner
Sony Michel
Marlon Mack (assuming he clears concussion protocol)
Dalvin Cook

thedukelamere
12-16-2018, 08:02 AM
My 8 game winning streak is in serious jeopardy and I’ll likely be bowing out in the semis... Thank you Keenan Allen and Lamar Miller for the .8 combined points, and now TY Hilton is a game time decision... Maybe Alvin Kamara and Gronk will each score 40, but with Mahomes having a mortal evening on Thursday, it doesn’t look promising.

Sorry, just didn’t know where else to complain. My wife is sick of hearing it, especially since I knocked her out last week in our friends league. :D

Acymetric
12-16-2018, 11:45 AM
My 8 game winning streak is in serious jeopardy and I’ll likely be bowing out in the semis... Thank you Keenan Allen and Lamar Miller for the .8 combined points, and now TY Hilton is a game time decision... Maybe Alvin Kamara and Gronk will each score 40, but with Mahomes having a mortal evening on Thursday, it doesn’t look promising.

Sorry, just didn’t know where else to complain. My wife is sick of hearing it, especially since I knocked her out last week in our friends league. :D

Yeah, my team is coming apart at the seams with Cam Newton, Tyreke Hill, and James Conner all banged up.

Trying to decide if I should start struggling Kirk Cousins over struggling/injured Cam Newton.

Also trying to sort out my mess of RBs...need 3 out of:

Aaron Jones
David Johnson
Sony Michel
Marlon Mack
Mark Ingram
Dalvin Cook

thedukelamere
12-16-2018, 04:33 PM
Yeah, my team is coming apart at the seams with Cam Newton, Tyreke Hill, and James Conner all banged up.

Trying to decide if I should start struggling Kirk Cousins over struggling/injured Cam Newton.

Also trying to sort out my mess of RBs...need 3 out of:

Aaron Jones
David Johnson
Sony Michel
Marlon Mack
Mark Ingram
Dalvin Cook

Hope you went with Dalvin, Marlon and DJ lol

CDu
12-16-2018, 08:03 PM
Gonna need another monster game from McCaffrey tomorrow to make the title game. Bad GMing the past two weeks has cost me. Last week, I would have locked up the 1 seed had I started Luck over Trubisky or the Bears D (vs Rams O) over the Chargers (vs a backup QB). This week, I put Luck in to “be safe”. That, combined with Thielrn laying an egg, has me needing CMac and/or Cooks to bail me out. Oh well.

Acymetric
12-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Hope you went with Dalvin, Marlon and DJ lol

Dalvin, DJ, and Aaron Jones. I should still win as long as Cam doesn't score negative points tonight...then on to the championship! Cook and...Ka'imi Fairbairn really carried my team this week.