PDA

View Full Version : Duke vs. Univ of Toronto (in game and post game comments here)

JasonEvans
08-17-2018, 06:01 PM
In an effort to prevent multiple threads from cropping up discussing the game, and because the original Canada thread has gotten really long and may be daunting for folks who only want to talk about the game action, let's see if we can put all our thoughts on the Friday 6pm game here.

Thanks!

-Jason "mod much?" Evans

drummerdevil
08-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Javin is everywhere tonight and he’s the only true big who has shown ability to finish around the rim - if this can hold up, I’m a lot more confident now in my pick for him to start over Bolden.

kAzE
08-17-2018, 06:40 PM
Javin is everywhere tonight and he’s the only true big who has shown ability to finish around the rim - if this can hold up, I’m a lot more confident now in my pick for him to start over Bolden.

Another quiet half for Bolden . . . hope he shows up in the 2nd half.

I'm impressed by Goldwire's play so far in this game. He's been pretty solid.

CameronBlue
08-17-2018, 06:44 PM
I'm impressed by Goldwire's play so far in this game. He's been pretty solid.

I'm 3 ounces into a new single malt. Please give me a score. How is Bolden doing?

fuse
08-17-2018, 06:46 PM
Most impressive stat in the first half is that someone was bold enough to draw the charge on Zion.

OldPhiKap
08-17-2018, 06:49 PM
I'm 3 ounces into a new single malt. Please give me a score. How is Bolden doing?

The hell with the game — what bottle did you crack?

devildeac
08-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Most impressive stat in the first half is that someone was bold enough to draw the charge on Zion.

More importantly, did he survive?

Ggallagher
08-17-2018, 07:00 PM

We're up 42-28 at halftime

drummerdevil
08-17-2018, 07:05 PM
There is no way a freshman who is 270+ playing in his second collegiate game should be able to do that

weezie
08-17-2018, 07:09 PM
If I'm not too busy saying farewell to Toronto later tonight I'll post more on my happiness at how well Goldwire has stepped up his defense and vision.

kAzE
08-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Wow, Vrank and Javin in at center all 3rd quarter . . . not good for Bolden

Vrankovic is really playing well though.

arnie
08-17-2018, 07:16 PM

Bolden not playing any sig. minutes - is he hurt?

Ggallagher
08-17-2018, 07:22 PM
70-44 end of third

HereBeforeCoachK
08-17-2018, 07:30 PM
The hell with the game — what bottle did you crack?

Seriously, the game is under control....we need to know which single malt. (maybe a Balvenie?)

OldPhiKap
08-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Seriously, the game is under control...we need to know which single malt. (maybe a Balvenie?)

DoubleWood my go-to.

Tooold
08-17-2018, 07:40 PM
Not sure what is up with bolden. I thought he played okay in his early (few) minutes, but he hasn't had a single minute since probably the first quarter. Everyone else has played. He seems to be ready on the bench but not going in. Could he be in the doghouse?

nmbnancy
08-17-2018, 07:49 PM
Not sure what is up with bolden. I thought he played okay in his early (few) minutes, but he hasn't had a single minute since probably the first quarter. Everyone else has played. He seems to be ready on the bench but not going in. Could he be in the doghouse?

Definitely in the doghouse
Most telling moment was when the players were on the floor and Coach K sent in 3 replacements to sit in front of the scorers - That left Bolden sitting on the bench by himself

drummerdevil
08-17-2018, 07:49 PM
Adam Rowe has the Duke box score: https://twitter.com/AdamRoweTDD/status/1030602006786985984

dukelifer
08-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Team looked a little more together tonight- a lot of contributions other than the 2 Frosh. I was really impressed with Baker's stroke. The closest to a pure shooter on the team. Will be interesting to see if he redshirts. Duke could use a knock down shooter. The rest of the team is not great from deep although apparently RJ hit a few- but I caught mostly the second half. Duke put a lot of ball pressure on Toronto and it was very effective. Zion continues to impress with his ball handling and movement. Seems to have boundless endurance for a big guy. RJ is really good slashing to the hoop- so athletic. Toronto is not as good as Ryerson but shot it pretty well from deep. Duke will need to shore up their 3 point D. A fun game- and improvement was evident.

MChambers
08-17-2018, 07:56 PM
Adam Rowe has the Duke box score: https://twitter.com/AdamRoweTDD/status/1030602006786985984

Most impressive stat is that AOC gutted out a minute, despite a fractured orbital.

westwall
08-17-2018, 08:02 PM
Most impressive stat is that AOC gutted out a minute, despite a fractured orbital.

I saw the stat, but is that real or a misprint ??

weezie
08-17-2018, 08:14 PM
I don't think anybody on this team has a visible tattoo. We didn't see a single one?
At least on active players that is.

MChambers
08-17-2018, 08:20 PM

Gotta be an error. Maybe it was Patrick Davidson?

OldPhiKap
08-17-2018, 08:46 PM
I don't think anybody on this team has a visible tattoo. We didn't see a single one?

Canadian tattoos are much better than Juarez tattoos.

And I can say that twice.

WHOneedsSOX
08-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Well here's Coach K's reaction to Bolden's game.

"I think I saw what you saw," Krzyzewski said. "I have to see more than what you saw because I’m just seeing what you saw."

jacone21
08-17-2018, 09:39 PM

"I think I saw what you saw," Krzyzewski said. "I have to see more than what you saw because I’m just seeing what you saw."

I saw what he saw.

fraggler
08-17-2018, 09:45 PM
I think the scorekeepers were being stingy on blocks. Barrett had a very obvious and loud one.

TKG
08-17-2018, 09:52 PM

What is it going to take to light a fire under Marques? Entering his junior year and you just have to shake your head.

bullettoothtony
08-17-2018, 09:57 PM

To the uninitiated, this might sound cryptic.

In reality, it ain't.

weezie
08-17-2018, 09:59 PM
Towards end of his court time Zion chased the ball out of bounds but lost it. Upon retrieval he slapped it hard and I saw the ball wince. That's what I saw.
But yes I'm concerned about Bolden a bit. I wonder if he's mentally hampered by the fear of injury? He spent so much time being hurt.
Hang in there youngster!

UrinalCake
08-17-2018, 10:16 PM
Great game for Javin, I agree that he will push for a starting spot. Zion and RJ again played like superstars. RJ forced up a few bad shots, but he's so good at getting to the rim and finishing. Defensively our full court press was really effective in the second half before we finally called off the dogs; I think that will be a weapon that we look to use throughout the season especially when Tre and Reddish get back. We have so much length and athleticism that we can swarm the ball and cover a lot of the court.

It was cool to see us go so deep into the bench. Loved seeing Besser get a bucket and a board. He even slapped the floor, which was awesome.

Neals384
08-17-2018, 11:17 PM

Apparently real as the play by play has him entering the game at 6:02 of the 4th and subbing out at 5:25. Ok, it’s only 27 seconds but you gotta round up.

dukelifer
08-17-2018, 11:23 PM
Towards end of his court time Zion chased the ball out of bounds but lost it. Upon retrieval he slapped it hard and I saw the ball wince. That's what I saw.
But yes I'm concerned about Bolden a bit. I wonder if he's mentally hampered by the fear of injury? He spent so much time being hurt.
Hang in there youngster!

A little time to correct what is going on - but no question there is concern.

Son of Jarhead
08-18-2018, 02:17 AM
Apparently real as the play by play has him entering the game at 6:02 of the 4th and subbing out at 5:25. Ok, it’s only 27 seconds but you gotta round up.

Nope, not real. I went back and looked at the game footage. Alex did not play. There were three Duke subs at the 6:08 mark of the 4th while UT was at the line (not 6:02 like the play-by-play says). They were J Rob, Jordan, & Vrank. There was no stoppage of play at 5:25, but the play-by-play has J Rob coming in for Alex. I suspect they just mistakenly entered Alex when J Rob came in at 6:08 and then caught the error and corrected it at 5:25.

Spanarkel
08-18-2018, 06:16 AM

AOC has at least two chest tattoes that were visible in his summer training video from Atlanta.

budwom
08-18-2018, 07:36 AM
K quote on Bolden is just brutal, in a nice kind of way. And this was a game against a putrid opponent. Beyond disappointing.

CDu
08-18-2018, 07:38 AM
I think the scorekeepers were being stingy on blocks. Barrett had a very obvious and loud one.

I think they called a travel before that block.

HereBeforeCoachK
08-18-2018, 07:55 AM
K quote on Bolden is just brutal, in a nice kind of way. And this was a game against a putrid opponent. Beyond disappointing.

The boxscore on Bolden is brutal too.

budwom
08-18-2018, 08:30 AM
The boxscore on Bolden is brutal too.

oh yeah, K's comment was hardly unkind given the circumstances. Those stats + that opponent = grim.

MarkD83
08-18-2018, 08:35 AM
Like most threads we end up talking about player minutes so let me take this that direction.

Before I start I looked back at 2009-10. Nolan, Jon and Kyle all played more than 1300 minutes. Lance ~1000 and then Zoubek at ~750 and Miles at 650.

So this year, after 1) a very small sample set and 2) not seeing Tre and Cam and 3) finally believing that Coach K plays the players that are playing the best and does not care about a deep bench I expect to see the following:

RJ and Zion close to 1400 minutes; Tre and Cam in the 1300 min range.....Javin in the 750 minute range and any two shooters who emerge in this same range...The last two all depend upon who wants to play defense.

So I am giving up on the 10 deep rotation and if there is a 7 deep rotation that would be great...

HereBeforeCoachK
08-18-2018, 08:35 AM
oh yeah, K's comment was hardly unkind given the circumstances. Those stats + that opponent = grim.

24 months ago, would any of us believed how little Duke would get from recruits Harry Giles / Marques Bolden?

Indoor66
08-18-2018, 08:55 AM
Like most threads we end up talking about player minutes so let me take this that direction.

Before I start I looked back at 2009-10. Nolan, Jon and Kyle all played more than 1300 minutes. Lance ~1000 and then Zoubek at ~750 and Miles at 650.

So this year, after 1) a very small sample set and 2) not seeing Tre and Cam and 3) finally believing that Coach K plays the players that are playing the best and does not care about a deep bench I expect to see the following:

RJ and Zion close to 1400 minutes; Tre and Cam in the 1300 min range...Javin in the 750 minute range and any two shooters who emerge in this same range...The last two all depend upon who wants to play defense.

So I am giving up on the 10 deep rotation and if there is a 7 deep rotation that would be great...

Absolutely meaningless under the circumstances. Missing four players and in a scrimmage and you want to project playing time?

AGDukesky
08-18-2018, 09:00 AM
Who was the 4th player missing? I have Cam, Tre and AOC. Unless you are referring to Bolden’s disappointing play.

MarkD83
08-18-2018, 09:49 AM
Absolutely meaningless under the circumstances. Missing four players and in a scrimmage and you want to project playing time?

I agree but someone had to get the minutes discussion out of the way so we could talk about how much fun it is to see actual games in August. Besides the discussion about a player being in coach Ks doghouse is equally meaningless since it is August

loaded question
08-18-2018, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone. Long time lurker,first time poster.
Marques bolden is really bothering me with his play and his demeanor on the court.
I dont think he really wants to be here.

NSDukeFan
08-18-2018, 10:20 AM

I like thinking about playing time even before I have seen the players play. Thinking and discussing playing time on an internet discussion board and being meaningless can coexist.

fraggler
08-18-2018, 10:22 AM
I think they called a travel before that block.

The one I am talking about is at 1:15ish in this video: https://youtu.be/B5auZC4EiAE It doesn't really matter, but it was a very nice block (great tracking, timing, ferocity, AND he kept it in play).

JasonEvans
08-18-2018, 10:31 AM
For those who missed the game, here is the ESPN highlight package of just RJ and Zion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5auZC4EiAE&feature=youtu.be

JasonEvans
08-18-2018, 10:42 AM

RJ and Zion close to 1400 minutes; Tre and Cam in the 1300 min range...Javin in the 750 minute range and any two shooters who emerge in this same range...The last two all depend upon who wants to play defense.

Total minutes is a somewhat worthless discussion without knowing how many games we will play. A guy who averages 33 minutes per game gets to 200 more total minutes if we play 38 versus 32 games. This is why most folks talk in terms of minutes per game. We can certainly have that discussion, but I think it is still wild speculation when we are basing it on 2 games against low-level opponents in which 3 of Duke's top 5 or 6 players are MIA.

But 1400 is a crazy number under most scenarios. RJ and Zion probably don't reach 1400 minutes unless something crazy happens this season. If we played 35 games, that would be an average of 40 minutes per game, which ain't happening. The only way to get to 1400 minutes is to average better than 35 minutes per game and have Duke play 39+ games. Those are both hefty numbers, especially for freshmen.

I mean, if RJ and Zion merely play 30 minutes in a few blow out games, it probably takes 1400 total minutes off the table.

-Jason "while it was nice to see Baker stroking it out there, I'm thinking he redshirts. Not sure he adds anything beyond what White and OConnell bring and I would hate to blow a year of eiligibilty for just mop up minutes" Evans

Billy Dat
08-18-2018, 10:49 AM
Hello everyone. Long time lurker,first time poster. Marques bolden is really bothering me with his play and his demeanor on the court.
I dont think he really wants to be here.

I want all of our guys to succeed and feel that they made the right decision coming to Duke. I am not sure it is in the cards for Marques.

In a very limited sample size, without even seeing Reddish and Jones, it seems like we'll be able to play Javin or Zion at the 5 in small line-ups that can (potentially) play disruptive defense and spread the floor to accentuate drives (and kicks). While Marques has shown flashes of a respectable low post game, I am not sure that style fits with the rest of the guys on this team. I thought we tried to get him going early with a pick and roll on the first possession and he fumbled the pass. K clearly didn't like something about his effort and/or demeanor and that was that. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Otherwise, Toronto was (I thought) a pretty big step down from Ryerson - although they shot it from 3 pretty well in the first half which kept it close. I don't think I saw us play any zone. Glad to see RJ and Zion follow their solid debuts with very solid games and Javin was extremely active and disruptive, White looked good, etc.

MarkD83
08-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Total minutes is a somewhat worthless discussion without knowing how many games we will play. A guy who averages 33 minutes per game gets to 200 more total minutes if we play 38 versus 32 games. This is why most folks talk in terms of minutes per game. We can certainly have that discussion, but I think it is still wild speculation when we are basing it on 2 games against low-level opponents in which 3 of Duke's top 5 or 6 players are MIA.

But 1400 is a crazy number under most scenarios. RJ and Zion probably don't reach 1400 minutes unless something crazy happens this season. If we played 35 games, that would be an average of 40 minutes per game, which ain't happening. The only way to get to 1400 minutes is to average better than 35 minutes per game and have Duke play 39+ games. Those are both hefty numbers, especially for freshmen.

I mean, if RJ and Zion merely play 30 minutes in a few blow out games, it probably takes 1400 total minutes off the table.

-Jason "while it was nice to see Baker stroking it out there, I'm thinking he redshirts. Not sure he adds anything beyond what White and OConnell bring and I would hate to blow a year of eiligibilty for just mop up minutes" Evans

I am an optimist and believe we will play 40 games and 1400 min in a 40 game season is what Kyle and Jon did play. Nolan only played 38 games and he almost had 1400 mins

timmy c
08-18-2018, 01:18 PM
I am an optimist and believe we will play 40 games and 1400 min in a 40 game season is what Kyle and Jon did play. Nolan only played 38 games and he almost had 1400 mins

I think you are confusing optimism for illogical.
Duke has had incredible success with freshman, but has NEVER, had a freshman play 1400 minutes in a season. Tyus is the only freshman I can find that was able to crack 1300. Jabari never did it. Ingram didn't either. Winslow, nope. Bagley, not close. Hurley was given the keys as a freshman and didn't get there. You can't Compare RJ or Zion to a couple of upperclassman who played in a short rotation, on a team that played at a slow tempo.
In order for these guys to play that many minutes they'd have to never be in foul trouble, be injury free, not blow any teams out, and play at a tempo that would allow them to average 35 minutes a game for 40 games.
This team has the chance to be fantastic, but there is no way you see RJ or Zion reach 1400 during the regular season.
If you disagree, I'll be happy to accept a friendly DBR pie bet.

kAzE
08-18-2018, 02:42 PM
I'm baffled by everything about Marques Bolden, but Zion and RJ are INCREDIBLE.

Marvin Bagley last year was the best freshman Duke has ever had, but somehow these 2 guys BOTH feel like they are better than even Marvin. The defense, passing, elite finishing ability, foul-drawing, rebounding, and high, high basketball IQ of RJ and Zion are awesome.

This season is going to be nuts. I can't even comprehend what it will be like once we add 2 more of these ridiculous freshmen to the lineup and Alex O'Connell :D

NSDukeFan
08-18-2018, 02:51 PM

Marvin Bagley last year was the best freshman Duke has ever had, but somehow these 2 guys BOTH feel like they are better than even Marvin. The defense, passing, elite finishing ability, foul-drawing, rebounding, and high, high basketball IQ of RJ and Zion are awesome.

This season is going to be nuts. I can't even comprehend what it will be like once we add 2 more of these ridiculous freshmen to the lineup and Alex O'Connell :D

The scary thing is Reddish was ranked between these guys in recruiting rankings.

bluenorth
08-18-2018, 03:17 PM
First the caveat: the sample size is very small so far. Now the concern: when we're closing out a game, and the opposition is fouling, who do we want to go the free throw line? In recent years we've had snipers like Allen and Kennard, but I don't see anyone so far that I'd expect to go 2 for 2 with the game on the line. Could Reddish or Jones fill that role? Maybe AOC?

CDu
08-18-2018, 03:23 PM

I am cautiously optimistic, but I think it is important to note the quality of competition here. Toronto was a BADLY overmatched team. Ryerson was too. When these guys drop 30 and 20 on an ACC team, we’ll talk. ;). In all seriousness, both Barrett and Williamson and Reddish appear to (and should) have more skills than Bagley. Bagley wasn’t necessarily the most polished player. He was just such a physical freak at his height that he was playing a different game. I have been really impressed by the ballhandling skills Williamson has and the passing both have, but I will want to see it against better comp before I feel too good about it. In particular, Barrett’s dribble is high and loose. I could see that being a problem in real games against guys with comparable size and athleticism.

I do like that the pieces appear to fit better this year than last year’s team. And that they fit together more like Coach K is comfortable: multiple playmakers with a purely perimeter-oriented focus. Last year our two best players played the same position, and it was one Coach K has struggled to maximize in the past. And despite Bagley putting up comic book numbers, I don’t think we ever quite unlocked the full potential of that team. I am hopeful that he will fare better with this group.

dukelifer
08-18-2018, 04:00 PM

A true optimist would have Duke blowing out teams at halftime and the starters would rest in the second half as Duke coasts to victory.

DukieInBrasil
08-18-2018, 04:07 PM
Otherwise, Toronto was (I thought) a pretty big step down from Ryerson - although they shot it from 3 pretty well in the first half which kept it close. I don't think I saw us play any zone. Glad to see RJ and Zion follow their solid debuts with very solid games and Javin was extremely active and disruptive, White looked good, etc.

Is that where Ned went to college? Y'know, Needle-nose Ned, Ned the Head, C'mon buddy, Case Western High!

richardjackson199
08-18-2018, 04:26 PM
Is that where Ned went to college? Y'know, Needle-nose Ned, Ned the Head, C'mon buddy, Case Western High!

Well played!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqSYC_vwhDg

kAzE
08-18-2018, 04:35 PM
I am cautiously optimistic, but I think it is important to note the quality of competition here. Toronto was a BADLY overmatched team. Ryerson was too. When these guys drop 30 and 20 on an ACC team, we’ll talk. ;). In all seriousness, both Barrett and Williamson and Reddish appear to (and should) have more skills than Bagley. Bagley wasn’t necessarily the most polished player. He was just such a physical freak at his height that he was playing a different game. I have been really impressed by the ballhandling skills Williamson has and the passing both have, but I will want to see it against better comp before I feel too good about it. In particular, Barrett’s dribble is high and loose. I could see that being a problem in real games against guys with comparable size and athleticism.

I do like that the pieces appear to fit better this year than last year’s team. And that they fit together more like Coach K is comfortable: multiple playmakers with a purely perimeter-oriented focus. Last year our two best players played the same position, and it was one Coach K has struggled to maximize in the past. And despite Bagley putting up comic book numbers, I don’t think we ever quite unlocked the full potential of that team. I am hopeful that he will fare better with this group.

100% agree. I never really wanted to say it, but I thought we were just a better team when Bagley was out. No question Bagley was a beast, but the pieces just fit better when he was off the floor. Wendell being a focal point in the paint given proper spacing was great. Grayson had much more room to drive inside and make a play for himself or someone else. Not that Bagley was in any way bad . . . it was just an awkward fit.

Imagine if Marving Bagley had never reclassified and was part of this year's team. You play him at center, with the shooters and play makers we have this year, and it would have been a great fit. Too bad it didn't work out that way.

As for the team we have, I get the level of competition argument. It's hard to not be excited about these 2 guys, though. Zion has an NBA body easily, and RJ is not far from it. These guys are incredible at seeking contact and getting to the foul line, and many times finishing through the contact. These are some strong 18 year old kids. A lot of these Canadians are older, stronger guys, and Zion is just overpowered the crap out of them. Both of these guys could play in the NBA right now, no question.

kAzE
08-18-2018, 05:10 PM
http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&id=6284249

He said it. Jack White is IN THE ROTATION. ;););)

Seriously, though. The kid has clearly worked really hard, and deserves some credit. He's a much improved/more confident shooter, and had 8 assists vs 2 turnovers in the 2 games. There's a ton of good passers on this team, and he's one of them.

Bay Area Duke Fan
08-18-2018, 06:30 PM
http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&id=6284249

He said it. Jack White is IN THE ROTATION. ;););)

Seriously, though. The kid has clearly worked really hard, and deserves some credit. He's a much improved/more confident shooter, and had 8 assists vs 2 turnovers in the 2 games. There's a ton of good passers on this team, and he's one of them.

In late June, K predicted that Marques would be one of the best big men in the country.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/other-sports/news/duke-blue-devils-coach-mike-krzyzewski-marques-bolden-best-big-men-in-college-basketball/z45u2ukj0tck1pc819sqhjsvz

flyingdutchdevil
08-18-2018, 06:50 PM
In late June, K predicted that Marques would be one of the best big men in the country.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/other-sports/news/duke-blue-devils-coach-mike-krzyzewski-marques-bolden-best-big-men-in-college-basketball/z45u2ukj0tck1pc819sqhjsvz

Yeah. I’ve learned never to listen to Coach K when he talks about this own players. He uses this it as a tool to motivate his players. Clearly it’s not working yet with Marques.

bullettoothtony
08-18-2018, 07:52 PM
Yeah, kind of like every year at the beginning of the season he talks about our depth. And we know how that works out come January.

jacone21
08-18-2018, 08:19 PM

Imagine if Marving Bagley had never reclassified and was part of this year's team. You play him at center, with the shooters and play makers we have this year, and it would have been a great fit. Too bad it didn't work out that way.

Would that also mean that Wendell Carter's mother would not be angry?

weezie
08-18-2018, 08:19 PM
AAAaaand another thing...

While we were waiting to depart Toronto Pearson Airport early this am, with what seemed to be half the population of the country, so many lines and clots and backups that even our friendly Canadian hosts were beginning to gripe, I spent a few minutes thinking about last night's game when I wasn't wondering why my husband always over packs, so:

The defense sounded much more vocal and they definitely were tracking and eyeballing every opposing player. There was more chatting and yelling than I heard all last year. Jordan and Javin have bought into the Duke creed, they are active, watching and vocal. Was so happy to see Jordan score some nice buckets since he still hesitates at times. He's got nice court vision and it looked like K was very happy with him.

Zion has eyes on his man and on the switch and his hands are very strong. I imagine we'll have moments similar to when JJ would pull up for his threes; when Zion begins his ascent, the crowd will be primed for the thunder dunk. I'd hope he can also accept the simple layup when it's the best option.

RJ is going to find out what this target on his back really feels like now. He is already a folk hero in Canada. The interviews and wall to wall coverage of his every move up there will, I hope, prepare him for the down here onslaught that is coming. The young man looks for the crease, as they say in hockey. He's going to score, it's only a matter of time.

Jack is right there. He'll be a great 6th man. Vrank also had some fine tenacious moments and he isn't afraid of anybody. Justin was visibly happy to be contributing. That young man is egoless, he's the dictionary picture of a team guy. Very unselfish and proud of his team mates. And we need Marques to settle down and keep his head and eyes up. Can't be throwing passes at his feet and expect him to sail to the basket.

And to think it's only August?!!!

Neals384
08-30-2018, 09:22 PM

Finally had a chance to view the game replay on Youtube. No, AOC did not play; both the box score and play-by-play are incorrect. It was Robinson (#50), not AOC (#15), who entered the game at 6:02.