PDA

View Full Version : So the Barton Game on parents' weekend...

Duke Basketball 2008
10-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Any of you going to be there on Saturday? Should be a great weekend.

I think we should handle Barton pretty well...their tallest player is only 6'7" and a freshman.

Barton College Men's Basketball Roster (http://www.barton.edu/clint/sports/0.5/display.php?whichsport=3) .

We should win going away...they some experienced players coming off the DII title run last year, especially captains Jeff Dalce and Brian Leggett...their scouting reports sound pretty solid.

--
Go Duke!

LetItBD08
10-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Those player bios are rather interesting.

How come no one ever takes the time to learn to spell Krzyzewski?

OZZIE4DUKE
10-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Those player bios are rather interesting.

How come no one ever takes the time to learn to spell Krzyzewski?

This was an interesting player on their roster:

45 Mike Krzyzewski Barton Pwner Senior 6 - 2 Durham, NC

Looks like they spelled Krzyzewski right to me. What position is "Barton Pwner"?

And why do they have five players with #0? Does that let them play all five at once and only count as one player on the court?

LetItBD08
10-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Looks like the fixed it. Before it was spelt Krzyzkewski. Pwn is a stupid term that people use on the internet instead of writing "own." So apparently Coach K owns Barton.

NovaScotian
10-28-2007, 07:18 PM
these bios are just fantastic.

GO DUKE

dcarp23
10-28-2007, 08:35 PM
is that someone hacked into the Barton website and changed all of the bios. Maybe not, but I kind of doubt that Clay Aiken (pictured under Mike Flowers bio) is lining up the three for these guys.

Duke Basketball 2008
10-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I guess the Cameron Crazies have indeed lost their sense of humor, or originality, if "Oh, baby" and "You got Lanced" find less tepid receptions.

LetItBD08
10-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Oh don't you worry. It's freaking hilarious and starting to make its way around the student body as we speak. Was this your work?

Duke Basketball 2008
10-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh don't you worry. It's freaking hilarious and starting to make its way around the student body as we speak. Was this your work?

Perhaps. Liberty to discuss such matters is not among my powers.

However, some other users have taken it upon themselves to edit the page, as well as some other rosters, with some offensive material. Do be wary, especially at work. Efforts have been made to clean it up and keep it merely a clever prank--nothing mean spirited.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-29-2007, 09:40 AM
However, some other users have taken it upon themselves to edit the page, as well as some other rosters, with some offensive material. Do be wary, especially at work. Efforts have been made to clean it up and keep it merely a clever prank--nothing mean spirited.

That 7'6" kid is a senior! If he has stayed out of the draft for 4 years, he must be some kind of stiff!

Bluedog
10-29-2007, 10:01 AM
I think we're going to have to double team the Decapodian. If he has experience with Clawplach, playing basketball will be way too easy. And we need to let John D. Zoidberg know that abbreviations in scrabble definitely do not count.

LetItBD08
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Ah, someone wiped the bios out! They're on to you.