PDA

View Full Version : Louisville players sue NCAA for 2013 title return

CameronBornAndBred
07-11-2018, 03:01 PM
A group of former Louisville men's basketball players have filed a lawsuit against the NCAA over the organization's vacation of the Cardinals' 2013 national championship and 2012 Final Four.

"If all we get is this championship back for Louisville, and the players, and the city, and Luke's MVP back, that's going to be plenty pay for us." -Lawyer John Morgan

This will be interesting to watch. Some pretty harsh words quoted against the NCAA, including "Morally bankrupt". Hard to argue that.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24068305/former-university-louisville-players-sue-ncaa-vacated-national-title

Dr. Rosenrosen
07-11-2018, 03:33 PM
The NCAA may indeed be morally bankrupt. But this feels a lot like the pot calling the kettle black.

Wander
07-11-2018, 03:40 PM
This will be interesting to watch. Some pretty harsh words quoted against the NCAA, including "Morally bankrupt". Hard to argue that.

Why does the NCAA being morally bankrupt mean that Louisville should be excused for cheating, and cheating in a particularly sleazy way?

(that question is directed toward Louisville and not you, CBB)

OldPhiKap
07-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Why does the NCAA being morally bankrupt mean that Louisville should be excused for cheating, and cheating in a particularly sleazy way?

Because the NCAA lets some sleazy cheaters skate, but not others?

DukieInBrasil
07-11-2018, 04:08 PM
i feel bad for the players, but their argument suxx. They played for a morally bankrupt institution, some of them probably enjoyed the benefit(s) that were deemed against the rules. In fact, no, i don't feel bad for the players.

UrinalCake
07-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Feels almost impossible for UNC-CHeat to NOT come up in this lawsuit.

CrazyNotCrazie
07-11-2018, 06:14 PM
I think the stripping of titles is a pointless exercise. The team and its fans got to experience the incredible high of winning a national title. Yes, bragging rights and banners are great, but the bulk of the benefit is received at the time of the wins, and you can't take away those memories.

Acymetric
07-11-2018, 07:16 PM
I think the stripping of titles is a pointless exercise. The team and its fans got to experience the incredible high of winning a national title. Yes, bragging rights and banners are great, but the bulk of the benefit is received at the time of the wins, and you can't take away those memories.

Obviously it matters to those involved, or they wouldn't sue to get it back.

weezie
07-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Feels almost impossible for UNC-CHeat to NOT come up in this lawsuit.

Feeeeeeelings....

sagegrouse
07-11-2018, 10:08 PM
And in other U of L news, Papa John (http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/24071818/papa-john-founder-john-schnatter-resigns-louisville-board-trustees) resigns from the board for his use of the n-word.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
07-12-2018, 07:17 AM
And in other U of L news, Papa John (http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/24071818/papa-john-founder-john-schnatter-resigns-louisville-board-trustees) resigns from the board for his use of the n-word.

Yes, everything surrounding that program simply exudes class.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
07-12-2018, 07:19 AM
I hear Never Nervous Pervis is suing the university for defamation of character for the affiliation with Pitino, restaurant trysts, hookers, KFC YUM CENTER, Adidas, Papa Johns...

swood1000
12-20-2018, 05:22 PM
Meanwhile, according to CNN: (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25581732/rick-pitino-deal-coach-euroleague-power-panathinaikos-greece)

Rick Pitino has agreed to a deal to coach EuroLeague power Panathinaikos of Greece for the rest of the season, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told ESPN on Thursday.

Pitino, a member of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, is expected to coach his first game on Dec. 27.

Pitino's goal is to return to the NBA as a head coach, and his hope is that the Panathinaikos job can be a steppingstone to achieving that.

HereBeforeCoachK
12-20-2018, 05:51 PM

(that question is directed toward Louisville and not you, CBB)

"your honor, it goes to the credibility of the witness...."

PackMan97
12-20-2018, 06:45 PM
In Louisville's defense, they cheated to have a good time. They didn't actually cheat to win games.

It's a bit like cheating to let kids drive fancy rental cars, or cheating to get a kids parent a job and a nice house versus cheating at school work do a kids can get in more practice time on their sport and be less distracted.

moonpie23
12-20-2018, 10:24 PM

you may not be able to take away those memories, but you can damn-well contradict morally bankrupt fans when they slobber up ownership of said title....and there's not a blip-blam thing they can do to refute it.......no, they did NOT win that title......

elvis14
12-21-2018, 07:47 AM
After going back and reviewing all the evidence, the NCAA has decided to give Louisville's 2013 title to UNCheat.

camion
12-21-2018, 08:18 AM
After going back and reviewing all the evidence, the NCAA has decided to give Louisville's 2013 title to UNCheat.

Well, $18 million should get you a perk or two. :eek:

If the Louisville folks are willing to spend in the $10M to 20M range they may get their title back.

devildeac
12-21-2018, 09:25 AM

Sounds about right to me. After all, they gave the still cheating slimeballs the 2005 title instead of Illinois, the 2009 title instead of MSU and the 2017 title instead of Gonzaga (yes, ref, sean may's fat paw was on the baseline and it was NOT a jump ball :mad:).

brevity
12-21-2018, 10:51 AM
Sounds about right to me. After all, they gave the still cheating slimeballs the 2005 title instead of Illinois, the 2009 title instead of MSU and the 2017 title instead of Gonzaga (yes, ref, sean may's fat paw was on the baseline and it was NOT a jump ball :mad:).

I know that DBR members are prone to hyperbole when it comes to bad officiating — surely Zion’s DQ against Texas Tech was not the worst call of ALL TIME? — but I think we can all agree that allowing an ineligible-for-12-years Sean May to play in the 2017 championship game would be the worst call of all time.

(It was Kennedy Meeks, but hey, don’t let facts get in the way of unresolved anger.)

devildeac
12-21-2018, 01:10 PM
I know that DBR members are prone to hyperbole when it comes to bad officiating — surely Zion’s DQ against Texas Tech was not the worst call of ALL TIME? — but I think we can all agree that allowing an ineligible-for-12-years Sean May to play in the 2017 championship game would be the worst call of all time.

(It was Kennedy Meeks, but hey, don’t let facts get in the way of unresolved anger.)

Oops. Meeks, May, not much difference to me. Still selective blindness by an acc ref but I'm over it. No counseling/medication necessary. I'm thankful for Villanova in 2016 and 2018 and whoever can beat the cheats this season and for any decades moving forward. :p