PDA

View Full Version : BIG3 Season 2

awhom111
06-23-2018, 12:45 AM
There are three Duke players involved this year:
https://big3.com/news/week-1-recap-evans-leads-3-headed-monsters-trilogy-loses-opener/

Stats are often a little slow, but Boozer and Maggette were included in the recap, but there was no mention of Jones.

Games will continue on Fridays.

arnie
06-23-2018, 08:12 AM
There are three Duke players involved this year:
https://big3.com/news/week-1-recap-evans-leads-3-headed-monsters-trilogy-loses-opener/

Stats are often a little slow, but Boozer and Maggette were included in the recap, but there was no mention of Jones.

Games will continue on Fridays.

Stumbled (Fox Sports) onto a game last night. Dante playing with our buddy McCants. Dante took it seriously, McCants seemed to enjoy being the clown.

weezie
06-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Ok, I apologize in advance but what the heck is the attraction of this Big3? Watching Maggette play with (or was it against?, who cares) frighteningly huge and fat Big Baby Glen last night was like watching a slo-mo car wreck. Are there rescue squad vehicles standing by? The half court is game is embarrassing.

Maybe the laugh factor? Are these guys desperate for the money? Is there that much money? Has anybody here paid cash money to go see one of these games?
Money makes people do strange things...

subzero02
06-24-2018, 05:25 AM
Ok, I apologize in advance but what the heck is the attraction of this Big3? Watching Maggette play with (or was it against?, who cares) frighteningly huge and fat Big Baby Glen last night was like watching a slo-mo car wreck. Are there rescue squad vehicles standing by? The half court is game is embarrassing.

Maybe the laugh factor? Are these guys desperate for the money? Is there that much money? Has anybody here paid cash money to go see one of these games?
Money makes people do strange things...

Glenn Davis is worth $12 million, Corey is worth $68 million and Boozer is worth $120 million so they aren't hurting financially. The base pay for Big3 players is $100,000 plus bonuses based on team performance. That's not too shabby for playing 9 to 10 pickup games. I never understood posting ones apathy for a topic. If you don't enjoy it, you can always watch the voice. FYI, 3 on 3 halfcourt basketball will be an event in the 2020 Olympics.

weezie
06-24-2018, 09:40 PM
...I never understood posting ones apathy for a topic. If you don't enjoy it, you can always watch the voice. FYI, 3 on 3 halfcourt basketball will be an event in the 2020 Olympics.

Lol, The Voice.

It's more like I don't understand the Big3, not being much of a half court enthusiast, but if one's taste run that way, then right on brother.

Duke79UNLV77
07-06-2018, 10:14 PM
Maggette still has his NBA body playing against a lot of guys in questionable shape.

UrinalCake
07-07-2018, 12:59 AM
I think the appeal is seeing a different type of basketball, during the off-season when there’s not many other sports options. Although summer league is getting quite a bit more coverage this year and I understand the ratings are pretty high, on par with actual baseball games.

For the players, they’ve been playing ball their entire lives since they learned to walk, now they’re past the point where they can play in the league so this gives them another outlet. Most of them don’t need the money, they probably just enjoy the competition.

HaveFunExpectToWin
08-24-2018, 12:46 PM
I haven’t watched any Big 3 basketball, but might tune in for the championship game as Corey Maggette and Dahntay Jones will be facing off. Duke basketball is everywhere these days.

How to watch 2018 BIG3 championship game
Teams: Power vs. 3's Company
When: Friday, Aug. 24 -- immediately following third-place game
Where: Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY
TV: FOX

subzero02
08-24-2018, 02:43 PM
I haven’t watched any Big 3 basketball, but might tune in for the championship game as Corey Maggette and Dahntay Jones will be facing off. Duke basketball is everywhere these days.

How to watch 2018 BIG3 championship game
Teams: Power vs. 3's Company
When: Friday, Aug. 24 -- immediately following third-place game
Where: Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY
TV: FOX

The 3rd place game tips off at 8pm; both games should be interesting. As far as I'm concerned, any offseason basketball that features elite talent is more than welcome.

Power roster

Corey Maggette
Cuttino Mobley
Glen "Big Baby" Davis
Xavier Silas
Ryan Gomes
Quentin Richardson
Chris "Birdman" Andersen
Coach: Nancy Lieberman

3's Company roster

DerMarr Johnson
Baron Davis
Drew Gooden
Andre Emmett
Jason Maxiell
Dahntay Jones
Coach: Michael Cooper

subzero02
08-24-2018, 08:23 PM
Maggette still has his NBA body playing against a lot of guys in questionable shape.

Maggette was league MVP. Some guys definitely wouldn't last long in a full court game( Bonzi Wells... Big Baby). A 49 year old Rauf can still shoot it and is moving extremely well.

subzero02
08-24-2018, 08:55 PM
28 points for the 49 year old, including back to back threes to close out the game. Rauf, Rauf, Rauf was on fire.

HaveFunExpectToWin
08-24-2018, 09:24 PM
Maggette and Dahntay were just woofing at each other and started a scuffle. It seemed a little staged like something from pro wrestling in the 80s. 😂

My favorite part of this game is it answers the common question “what ever happened to big baby davis?”.

arnie
08-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Maggette was league MVP. Some guys definitely wouldn't last long in a full court game( Bonzi Wells... Big Baby). A 49 year old Rauf can still shoot it and is moving extremely well.

Magette and Jones trash talking leads to “bench clearing”. This is great😀

subzero02
08-24-2018, 09:51 PM
Big Baby just took out 2 of the 3 players on the court for 3's company, got fouled, scored and proceeded to do a dance that I've never seen before and probably won't ever see again.

Duke79UNLV77
08-24-2018, 09:58 PM
Maggette looks to be in great shape. I thought he had more in the tank at the end of his career.

devildeac
08-24-2018, 10:06 PM
Maggette and Dahntay were just woofing at each other and started a scuffle. It seemed a little staged like something from pro wrestling in the 80s. 😂

My favorite part of this game is it answers the common question “what ever happened to big baby davis?”.

Just the 80s?

:rolleyes:

Duke79UNLV77
08-24-2018, 10:21 PM
Michael Rapaport is annoying.