PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Blue Devils

em0526
06-22-2018, 11:19 PM
I am a long time Duke fan that lives in Sacramento so I am excited to see how Marvin and Harry will play together next year. There are several memes going around dubbing then the Wet Bandits since the bad guys in Home Alone were Marv and Harry.

I wanted to get your thoughts on whether that front court (which will be replacing the Kentucky Wildcat frontcourt of Willy Cauley-Stein and Skal Labissiere) will be able to succeed in the NBA. Can they fulfill their vision of positionless basketball?

Also - they are contemplating pursuing Jabari Parker in free agency to address their need at small forward. How would you see that threesome performing in the NBA?

HereBeforeCoachK
06-23-2018, 07:05 AM
I am a long time Duke fan that lives in Sacramento so I am excited to see how Marvin and Harry will play together next year. There are several memes going around dubbing then the Wet Bandits since the bad guys in Home Alone were Marv and Harry.

I think Harry Giles is a total wild card. In a way, he was the Marvin Bagley recruit of that season, until he got hurt. Without that injury, was he that quality? Is his injury one that he can fully recover from, or will it, like Grant Hill's injury - be a drain on his career ceiling? We can't answer any of these at the moment.

TANGENTIALLY: It's kind of frustrating that in a way, if Grant had remained healthy, and Jay Williams not had the motor cycle accident, that this notion of Duke players not really panning out in the NBA would've never gotten traction IMO.

But back to Harry - he could be anywhere from a great to a bust. Seems like a terrific young man...I hope it's more toward the great end of the scale.

UrinalCake
06-23-2018, 10:43 AM
From what little we saw of Harry he looked like a great rebounder and a hard working, high motor guy just like Bagley. Harry in high school looked to have more perimeter skills, so I imagine he would be more of the nominal 4 while Bagley would be the 5. Both versatile and positionless, and crazy athletic. Should be fun to watch! I still remember those teams with Jason Williams (the White Chocolate) running the show and dishing behind the back to Webber, Divac, Stoyakovic, etc. that was probably the most entertaining team to watch ever.

martydoesntfoul
06-23-2018, 12:23 PM
I still remember those teams with Jason Williams (the White Chocolate) running the show and dishing behind the back to Webber, Divac, Stoyakovic, etc. that was probably the most entertaining team to watch ever.You are not kidding. I remember attending a Kings game vs. the Wizards years ago... White Chocolate drove across the lane, ridiculously wrapped the ball around his back in midair, and attempted a Gervin-like finger roll layup. The ball bounced gently on the rim for a second or two and then painfully rolled off. And the stunned crowd jumped out of their seats and gave him a standing ovation. On the road. For a miss! Never seen anything like it.

Sir Stealth
06-24-2018, 10:29 AM
There are several memes going around dubbing then the Wet Bandits since the bad guys in Home Alone were Marv and Harry.

This is hilarious.