PDA

View Full Version : Big Dance

dukeimac
02-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Wow, the talk about the seeding in the big dance is pretty optimistic but there a two big games to go and the ACC tourney (AKA Duke Invitational).

Bad things usually happen when you count your chickens before the eggs hatch.

Duke needs to care take of business with Maryland first and foremost. Maryland handled Duke the first game this year. Yes, after the first 10 minutes things might have been even but it was the first 10 minutes that won the game for Maryland. Duke needs to take care of business for the entire game.

If Duke finishes 8-8 in the ACC and goes 1-1 in the tourney they will get about a 7 seed. I don't like being negative or doubt Duke but with everyone seeding Duke so high with all the games left to play I get nervous the bottom might fall out of things.

I bleed blue, Duke blue!

dukelifer
02-26-2007, 11:10 PM
The record is not the only factor here. Duke has a pretty high RPI. But I agree that right now we are just guessing about a seed. A lot can happen in the next couple of weeks. The Maryland game is big.

hurleyfor3
02-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I do want to win on Wednesday (home game, senior night, clinch a winning conference record, it's Maryland, etc.). If we do that it'll feel like playing with the house's money @unc and even in the ACC Tournament. Usually at this point we're trying to wrap up a #1 seed or get the Greensboro regional or whatever. The feeling about whether we're a four or a five doesn't involve nearly as much pressure, and is largely out of our control anyway. Kinda refreshing if you ask me.

If we lose at carolina I want a third crack at them. I don't recall ever feeling this way.

denniden
02-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I take the one game at a time approach as well. Especially with this years squad. I hope that the boys come out with a little more fire than the last time at Maryland. They are hot and Duke needs to throw the first puch and dig themselves a big hole.

DankeShane
02-26-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm going on record right now as predicting we get paired up with UNLV in some fruity #4 vs #5 "potential matchup" thing that they always try and set up.

Chard
02-27-2007, 02:04 AM
I'll predict that Duke is placed in the hardest region.

throatybeard
02-27-2007, 04:51 AM
<Ozzie>

That's becuase our appearance in that region will make it the hardest region!

</Ozzie>

johnnydakota
02-27-2007, 06:29 AM
I don't think anyone is counting any chickens at all. Duke will likely be anywhere from a 3 to 7. All I know is it's a heck of a lot more fun to guess the seed than to guess NCAA or NIT which some chicken littles were suggesting. Fans should be optimisstic.

CMS2478
02-27-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm as nervous about this upcoming Maryland game as I have been for any game. I know we are playing well right now, but so are they!!! If we can win this one......................Man, you talk about a big win and a confidence booster.

dukeforester
02-27-2007, 08:43 AM
A Duke win on Wednesday would be HUGE!

feldspar
02-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Bad things usually happen when you count your chickens before the eggs hatch.

Rest assured that the fans are the only ones counting chickens. Coach K and the team are getting ready for Maryland.

DUKIECB
02-27-2007, 09:06 AM
In my opinion Maryland is one of the hottest teams in the country right now. It wasn't long ago when they were floundering around near the basement of the ACC, and now the have the opportunity to claim the 5th spot all alone. I for one am very nervous about these last two games. That being said, I think if we play our best we can win both.