PDA

View Full Version : Players who added a citizenship after Duke?

johnb
05-27-2018, 07:31 AM
DeMarcus Nelson got a Serbian passport. Nick Horvath got one from New Zealand. Anyone else from Duke get dual citizenship as part of playing internationally?

Richard Berg
05-27-2018, 07:44 AM
Luol Deng earned his UK passport in 2006.

szstark
05-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Crawford Palmer - France.

sagegrouse
05-27-2018, 10:12 AM
A logical answer would be Trajan Langdon, who played in Russia for seven years, but his Wiki bio makes no such mention. Trajan is assistant general manager for the Nets.

jimsumner
05-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Palmer not only gained a French citizenship, he represented France in the Olympics.

Played overseas many years in France, married a French woman.

Probably became a wine snob and Jerry Lewis expert.

But I'm only speculating at the end.

sagegrouse
05-27-2018, 02:47 PM
Palmer not only gained a French citizenship, he represented France in the Olympics.

Played overseas many years in France, married a French woman.

Probably became a wine snob and Jerry Lewis expert.

But I'm only speculating at the end.

Won a silver medal with France at the 2000 Olympics.

CrazyNotCrazie
05-27-2018, 05:16 PM
I think Scheyer might have added Israel? I believe it is a fairly straight forward process for Jews to add Israeli citizenship and by doing so he didn't count against the limits on foreign players.

HereBeforeCoachK
05-28-2018, 01:29 PM
Interesting that only 36% of American citizens have a passport of any kind.....

Indoor66
05-28-2018, 02:37 PM
Interesting that only 36% of American citizens have a passport of any kind....

Why is that surprising? I would guess that well over 30% of the citizens have never been more than a couple hundred miles from home (eliminating Military travel - for which no passport is required).

HereBeforeCoachK
05-28-2018, 03:35 PM
Why is that surprising? I would guess that well over 30% of the citizens have never been more than a couple hundred miles from home (eliminating Military travel - for which no passport is required).

Please note I called it interesting, not surprising. I figured it would be something in that range before I looked it up specifically.

As to your 30% figure never being more than 200 miles from home, that may be close. I wonder if there are stats on that. I do remember an article I read somewhere about how many citizens of the Boroughs in NY proudly never even leave their borough during an entire lifetime.

Neals384
05-29-2018, 12:20 AM
Please note I called it interesting, not surprising. I figured it would be something in that range before I looked it up specifically.

As to your 30% figure never being more than 200 miles from home, that may be close. I wonder if there are stats on that. I do remember an article I read somewhere about how many citizens of the Boroughs in NY proudly never even leave their borough during an entire lifetime.

I knew one of those guys. He was roughly 50 and had never been out of Manhattan.