PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Signature (1997-1998 team)

Acymetric
04-16-2018, 06:21 PM
So I'm hoping some of the collective knowledge at DBR can help me out. I have a signed poster from the 1997-98 team, missing one player's signature (either Ricky Price or Todd Singleton). The only signature I cannot identify is this one...and it does not seem to be either of those (or any name I recognize from Duke generally). Any thoughts? Maybe a nickname? Now that we are done speculating on Wendell's return, I thought this might be a fun puzzle to keep us busy (and get me informed).

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8318&stc=1

markbdevil
04-16-2018, 06:24 PM
Todd Singleton

mr. synellinden
04-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Todd Singleton

Yeah - definitely looks like Todd Singleton to me.

Acymetric
04-16-2018, 06:30 PM
I guess process of elimination meant it pretty much had to be, but I could not convince myself that last name read "Singleton"! Kind of looks like...Soglota or something. Writing hands get tired at those signing sessions I bet! Thanks for the input guys.

Interestingly, as I was wondering why Ricky was not on their, I remembered that he was suspended that fall for plagiarism...had completely forgotten about that.

devildeac
04-16-2018, 06:32 PM
I guess process of elimination meant it pretty much had to be, but I could not convince myself that last name read "Singleton"! Interestingly, as I was wondering why Ricky was not on their, I remembered that he was suspended that fall for plagiarism...had completely forgotten about that.

At least no one else signed the poster in his place.

:rolleyes:

6th Man
04-16-2018, 07:41 PM

That was a good one!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
04-16-2018, 09:40 PM

I went to the 1978 Final Four in St. Louis. After we beat ND in the first game, the team straggled out to watch the second, and several players signed a $1 bill for me. Jim Spanarkel signed it twice, the first time forging George Washington’s signature :) If I find it, I’ll post a picture of it.