PDA

View Full Version : Zion on Powerade Jam Fest

DukeDevil
03-26-2018, 09:35 PM
If it'll make you feel better, Zion is absolutely, positively destroying the Powerade Jam fest. I'm still bummed but wow...it's absolutely sick what he's doing to that contest.

Hopefully replays if you can't catch the final round which are going on right now

BD80
03-26-2018, 09:44 PM
Can Duke afford all of the rims Zion will destroy next year?

dukelifer
03-26-2018, 09:44 PM
If it'll make you feel better, Zion is absolutely, positively destroying the Powerade Jam fest. I'm still bummed but wow...it's absolutely sick what he's doing to that contest.

Hopefully replays if you can't catch the final round which are going on right now

Amazing that kid is that size and can do that. Defies the laws of physics and physiology.

Duke76
03-26-2018, 09:45 PM

just saw the last...he's looked a little more chiseled than I last remember, dude is a beast, don't know who is gonna get in his way, Jay Williams of course says he is this generations vince carter, let the hype begin for next yr

FerryFor50
03-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Plus he's a friggin beast. Remember how big we all thought Semi Ojeleye was? Zion is bigger.

El_Diablo
03-26-2018, 09:56 PM
Zion won the dunk contest. And Cam Reddish was co-winner of the 3-point contest.

kAzE
03-26-2018, 09:58 PM
Honestly, it was kind of a disappointing dunk "contest."

Zion barely looked like he was trying and the rest of the field didn't even remotely push him. But he was still damn impressive all the same. Dude is a legend already and he's still in high school.

Newton_14
03-26-2018, 10:04 PM

We watched. He was freaking awesome! Even on that last dunk that he missed twice. Like Jason Williams stated, or it may have been Corey sorry, but one of them stated that miss was good enough to make Sportscenter top 10!

Dude is a freight train. Locomotive. Brick Building with hops! Chiseled in Stone. Freak of Nature. Beast.

The maintenance guys for Cameron Indoor might ought to install new high tech backboards and rims before Zion arrives in late June.

CDu
03-26-2018, 10:13 PM
The dunk he missed (twice) is one of the most ridiculous dunks I have ever seen. He really is a dunking savant. It is rare these days to see an original dunk.

Apparently he has made that dunk before. My god, I can’t imagine the gym if that had gone in.

It is just amazing the body control, elevation, and raw power he generates on his dunks. Even the “simple” ones look amazing just because of that.

Newton_14
03-26-2018, 10:24 PM
The dunk he missed (twice) is one of the most ridiculous dunks I have ever seen. He really is a dunking savant. It is rare these days to see an original dunk.

Apparently he has made that dunk before. My god, I can’t imagine the gym if that had gone in.

It is just amazing the body control, elevation, and raw power he generates on his dunks. Even the “simple” ones look amazing just because of that.

Just sick. Nasty. I hate he missed it. Also I think the crowd reaction and voting by the judges on his right handed dunk was a case of "Dang! They don't realize the kid is LEFT HANDED!!"

Who else can do that dunk with their off hand? Anybody?? It was crazy good!

FerryFor50
03-26-2018, 10:30 PM
Honestly, it was kind of a disappointing dunk "contest."

Zion barely looked like he was trying and the rest of the field didn't even remotely push him. But he was still damn impressive all the same. Dude is a legend already and he's still in high school.

The best was Quinerly doing the fake out dunk where he just finger rolled it in.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Physics dictates that Zion cannot do what he does....but he does it anyway.....

Furniture
03-26-2018, 10:48 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/espn/status/978443698743775232/video/1

here he is....

flyingdutchdevil
03-26-2018, 10:56 PM
there is no way a human being of that size should have that much air time.

I mean, it's beyond ridiculous. Can't wait to see this dude posterize opposing players, rims, and probably a few of our players by accident. AOC - trust me, this is the reason you want to gain weight. You'll get murdered by a Zion dunk with your current weight.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-26-2018, 11:03 PM
AOC - trust me, this is the reason you want to gain weight. You'll get murdered by a Zion dunk with your current weight.

One day Zion will do a monster dunk in practice, and AOC will be gone....he'll have been sucked into the swirling vortex of Zion's dunk into a black hole somewhere......:cool:

BD80
03-27-2018, 04:51 AM
Request for clarification - the PowerAde Jam Fest was the McDonalds AA dunk contest?

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-27-2018, 06:18 AM
Here’s Zion making that dunk...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/16-year-old-zion-williamson-aau-dunk-360-scoop-video-schools

CajunDevil
03-27-2018, 07:09 AM
In the post-dunk contest interview, Zion mentioned he had "dead legs... and that was why I missed all those dunks." They had practice yesterday for McDs...

There is no dunking equivalent - at his age or any age... I can't believe I just typed that. Maybe some have gotten up higher, or had longer hang-time but none have the combo of speed, power, creativity, and sheer menace towards the rim. I just imagine K trying to remain stoic as Zion does some 360 windmill in a game, on somebody.

DukeFanSince1990
03-27-2018, 08:51 AM
In the post-dunk contest interview, Zion mentioned he had "dead legs... and that was why I missed all those dunks." They had practice yesterday for McDs...

There is no dunking equivalent - at his age or any age... I can't believe I just typed that. Maybe some have gotten up higher, or had longer hang-time but none have the combo of speed, power, creativity, and sheer menace towards the rim. I just imagine K trying to remain stoic as Zion does some 360 windmill in a game, on somebody.

Yeah Jay and Corey mentioned that they had practiced twice in 24 hours. So yeah, none of the dunkers were at their best.

Saratoga2
03-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Plus he's a friggin beast. Remember how big we all thought Semi Ojeleye was? Zion is bigger.

I agree. He looks like and has the athleticism of Lebron James, only in a 6'6" body. Wow.

Saratoga2
03-27-2018, 09:40 AM

And he said his legs were feeling a little tired.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-27-2018, 09:41 AM

I think one factor that sets him apart is that he is so thick, and so different from any other great leaper we can remember in body shape....a dunk contest is of course a subjective visual event, and the visuals of a man that thick flying through the air just looks a lot differently than the willowy MG3 jamming one home. He's must see TV. No doubt.

UrinalCake
03-27-2018, 10:18 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Duval, Frank Jackson, and Grayson all win the McD AA dunk contest too? That's quite a run of dunkers we've had coming in.

With that said, I am actually more excited about Reddish showing out in the three point contest. I know that format doesn't exactly translate to actually hitting threes in games, but as we've been discussing the last couple days we need some shooters next year to spread the floor. It will allow Williamson an open lane to dunk all over fools.

ehdg
03-27-2018, 10:35 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Duval, Frank Jackson, and Grayson all win the McD AA dunk contest too? That's quite a run of dunkers we've had coming in.

With that said, I am actually more excited about Reddish showing out in the three point contest. I know that format doesn't exactly translate to actually hitting threes in games, but as we've been discussing the last couple days we need some shooters next year to spread the floor. It will allow Williamson an open lane to dunk all over fools.

Since you mentioned Reddish and Williamson, what about Barrett? Isn't Barrett supposed to be a good shooter as well?

CDu
03-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Since you mentioned Reddish and Williamson, what about Barrett? Isn't Barrett supposed to be a good shooter as well?

He's not known as a shooter. He can make shots, but his jumpshot is very much a work in progress.

The strength of his game is his athleticism, length on the wings, and tenacity in driving to score. He can certainly make shots from out there, but his ability to get to the rim and finish is what sets him apart moreso than his ability to shoot.

kAzE
03-27-2018, 10:49 AM
He's not known as a shooter. He can make shots, but his jumpshot is very much a work in progress.

The strength of his game is his athleticism, length on the wings, and tenacity in driving to score. He can certainly make shots from out there, but his ability to get to the rim and finish is what sets him apart moreso than his ability to shoot.

Good description from CDu, and I would add to that in pointing out RJ Barrett's intangibles, especially his competitiveness. I think most people would probably say Cameron Reddish is the more talented basketball player, but Barrett's intangibles are what puts him ahead in the rankings.

Cam is a better ball handler, passer, and shooter than Barrett, but the reason he's ranked lower is because Barrett is just one of those guys who can will his team to victory. He's also a lockdown defender, a great rebounder for a perimeter player, and in addition to getting to the rim with ease, is very good at getting fouled and earning lots of free throw attempts.

Fortunately for us, we don't have to choose between the most competitive guy, the most talented guy, or the most athletic guy. We have all 3 :D

CDu
03-27-2018, 11:30 AM
Good description from CDu, and I would add to that in pointing out RJ Barrett's intangibles, especially his competitiveness. I think most people would probably say Cameron Reddish is the more talented basketball player, but Barrett's intangibles are what puts him ahead in the rankings.

Cam is a better ball handler, passer, and shooter than Barrett, but the reason he's ranked lower is because Barrett is just one of those guys who can will his team to victory. He's also a lockdown defender, a great rebounder for a perimeter player, and in addition to getting to the rim with ease, is very good at getting fouled and earning lots of free throw attempts.

Fortunately for us, we don't have to choose between the most competitive guy, the most talented guy, or the most athletic guy. We have all 3 :D

Yeah, I think this sums it up perfectly. Barrett has a bit of that Kobe/Jordan killer instinct. He is uber-intense, uber-competitive. Reddish, on the other hand, has all the skills, but not nearly the drive that Barrett has. It isn't that Barrett doesn't have skills. He just isn't as polished a player skills wise as Reddish. But he more than makes up for that with tenacity and effort and will.

You bring up a great point about the defense and foul drawing. Barrett gets to the bucket, and he gets to the line. A lot. He is super athletic, and fearless and aggressive, and that gets it done. In some ways, he's like a bigger, more athletic sophomore-year Grayson Allen, but not as good a shooter. Not the most nuanced ball-handler or creative playmaker, but just a terrific athlete and unbelievably fierce driver of the basketball. But where Allen was 6'4", Barrett is 6'7", and quicker.

Reddish, on the other hand, too often settles for jumpers, and doesn't always seem to play with the same focus and determination. When he's dialed in, there's probably nobody better in the high school senior class (well, except maybe a dialed in Williamson, because he's such an athletic freak with skills at his size). But it comes and goes with Reddish. With Barrett, he is always on.

Hopefully Barrett's intensity rubs off on Reddish and (to a lesser degree) Williamson. If Reddish and Williamson bring it every night, yikes.

FerryFor50
03-27-2018, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I think this sums it up perfectly. Barrett has a bit of that Kobe/Jordan killer instinct. He is uber-intense, uber-competitive. Reddish, on the other hand, has all the skills, but not nearly the drive that Barrett has. It isn't that Barrett doesn't have skills. He just isn't as polished a player skills wise as Reddish. But he more than makes up for that with tenacity and effort and will.

You bring up a great point about the defense and foul drawing. Barrett gets to the bucket, and he gets to the line. A lot. He is super athletic, and fearless and aggressive, and that gets it done. In some ways, he's like a bigger, more athletic sophomore-year Grayson Allen, but not as good a shooter. Not the most nuanced ball-handler or creative playmaker, but just a terrific athlete and unbelievably fierce driver of the basketball. But where Allen was 6'4", Barrett is 6'7", and quicker.

Reddish, on the other hand, too often settles for jumpers, and doesn't always seem to play with the same focus and determination. When he's dialed in, there's probably nobody better in the high school senior class (well, except maybe a dialed in Williamson, because he's such an athletic freak with skills at his size). But it comes and goes with Reddish. With Barrett, he is always on.

Hopefully Barrett's intensity rubs off on Reddish and (to a lesser degree) Williamson. If Reddish and Williamson bring it every night, yikes.

So Barrett is basically Andrew Wiggins, without the question marks about his desire.

fraggler
03-27-2018, 11:53 AM
So Barrett is basically Andrew Wiggins, without the question marks about his desire.

Not quite the fast twitch athlete, though.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-27-2018, 12:02 PM
Not quite the fast twitch athlete, though.

Oh geez, not this phrase.

Can we possibly set up some sort of wanker filter for this phrase? I know it mostly gets tossed around loosely without intention, but yikes.

fraggler
03-27-2018, 12:06 PM
Oh geez, not this phrase.

Can we possibly set up some sort of wanker filter for this phrase? I know it mostly gets tossed around loosely without intention, but yikes.

Why? It is very accurate.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Why? It is very accurate.

Google "fast twitch muscles." It has very charged and negative historical context.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-27-2018, 12:25 PM
Google "fast twitch muscles." It has very charged and negative historical context.

Uh, unless you're going all Jimmy the Greek on us, I don't see the term "fast twitch" as a negative comment. That is a tech term from kinesiology and myology.

UPDATE: I just did Google search on fast twitch muscles, and nothing about the racial connotation on the first Google page, representing tens of millions of items. It can be used negatively, but then again, so can every phrase in the language.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-27-2018, 12:27 PM
I will leave it up to others to discuss this. Where I come from, the racial undertones are strong and definitely unnecessary. Perhaps I am alone.

Acymetric
03-27-2018, 12:30 PM
I will leave it up to others to discuss this. Where I come from, the racial undertones are strong and definitely unnecessary. Perhaps I am alone.

There are correlations between race and fast twitch muscles (as there are with almost anything influenced by genes), but I'm not sure I've ever seen or heard the term used in a negative way before. I certainly heard the term a lot growing up as a (very bad) swimmer.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-27-2018, 12:32 PM

Actually, Google does not agree. It may be there somewhere, but it's not in the first ten million results, or more.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Actually, Google does not agree. It may be there somewhere, but it's not in the first ten million results, or more.

I guess my experience is an anomaly. I apologize. Mods, feel free to erase my objections.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-27-2018, 12:35 PM
I guess my experience is an anomaly. I apologize. Mods, feel free to erase my objections.

If you Google "Jimmy the Greek muscles" then the first result is what you are referring to. But that was an anomaly, and it was 30 years ago, and he was immediately whisked off the public stage.

Oh, and I think he was from Durham......

CDu
03-27-2018, 12:55 PM

A much more competitive/intense Andrew Wiggins is probably a pretty good description of Barrett, yes.

kAzE
03-27-2018, 01:16 PM
A much more competitive/intense Andrew Wiggins is probably a pretty good description of Barrett, yes.

Honestly, (and I mean no disrespect), I think it's kind of a lazy comparison. Yes, they are both basketball prodigies from Canada, but Andrew Wiggins is an INSANE athlete, with world class run/jump athleticism that would rank in the top 10 in the NBA. I don't think Andrew Wiggins' problem is that he doesn't have the desire to be a great basketball player, he just doesn't have the best basketball IQ. By all accounts, he works as hard as anyone, but it's like Hamidou Diallo from Kentucky. You can be an incredible athlete, but if you can't think the game on a higher level, all that athleticism doesn't translate to much outside of highlight dunks and spectacular athletic displays.

RJ Barrett is not that. He's nowhere near the athletic specimen that Wiggins is. That's not to say Barrett isn't a world class athlete, because he certainly is, but RJ doesn't need that athleticism to be a great player, because his basketball IQ is off the charts, AND he's as intense a competitor as you will find. There's no doubt in my mind Barrett will be a better NBA player than Wiggins because of that.

kAzE
03-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Disclaimer on my previous post: This isn't a slam on Andrew Wiggins. Wiggins is an immensely talented player who is only 23 years old. It's merely my best explanation as to why he was a #1 overall pick and has a below league average PER in his 4th NBA season. He obviously could improve a lot over the next few years and be a future All-Star.

flyingdutchdevil
03-27-2018, 01:40 PM

Nice analogy. The desire questions come from Reddish, who, as kaZe accurately pointed out, is more talented than Barrett but the red flag against him is desire and drive. To me, that's why the Reddish recruitment to Duke felt so right; no coach is better than Coach K at motivating.

FerryFor50
03-27-2018, 03:39 PM
Honestly, (and I mean no disrespect), I think it's kind of a lazy comparison. Yes, they are both basketball prodigies from Canada, but Andrew Wiggins is an INSANE athlete, with world class run/jump athleticism that would rank in the top 10 in the NBA. I don't think Andrew Wiggins' problem is that he doesn't have the desire to be a great basketball player, he just doesn't have the best basketball IQ. By all accounts, he works as hard as anyone, but it's like Hamidou Diallo from Kentucky. You can be an incredible athlete, but if you can't think the game on a higher level, all that athleticism doesn't translate to much outside of highlight dunks and spectacular athletic displays.

RJ Barrett is not that. He's nowhere near the athletic specimen that Wiggins is. That's not to say Barrett isn't a world class athlete, because he certainly is, but RJ doesn't need that athleticism to be a great player, because his basketball IQ is off the charts, AND he's as intense a competitor as you will find. There's no doubt in my mind Barrett will be a better NBA player than Wiggins because of that.

One of the biggest knocks on Wiggins (fair or not) was that he didn't seem to compete and didn't seem to "love" basketball.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/andrew-wiggins

Weaknesses: The biggest issue is whether or not Wiggins has the mental make up to maximize his immense physical gifts. While some scouts are extremely high on him, there are just as many that question his focus and passion for the game ... Often plays too upright on offense, which can get him off his base and lead to turnovers … Needs to work on moving without the ball, has a reputation of sometimes standing, ball watching … Defensive awareness is something he must work on, along with always running out to his spot and not relying completely on length, athleticism to challenge a player … Still needs to add upper body strength, had issues finishing around the basket and getting knocked off of his spot when defensive rebounding … Long range shot is still not overly consistent, sometimes turns his hand outward on follow through … Often loose with dribble, sometimes has the ball too high and gets exploited when double teamed … Some question his lack of assertiveness offensively, which calls into question his ability to be a primary option on a high level team … Battled inconsistency and struggled against physical defense, which could point to strength as well as a sign of shaky confidence … Should look to become a more vocal leader ... Too often settled for long range shots and did not venture out of his comfort zone enough, still has many things to learn in terms of creating mid range shots and counter moves … Had a difficult time establishing post position, something that could be a crucial next step to utilize his quickness and size as a wing at the next level ... Has been compared to Kobe Bryant, but the biggest difference appears to be the attention to detail. So far, granted Kobe's is extremely rare, Wiggins has been lacking in this area. Will he develop this critical aspect in order to polish his all around game to achieve greatness?

But the similarities are there. Both Canadian prodigies. Both 6'8". Similar wingspans (6'10" for Barrett, 6'11" for Wiggins)

Both with similar questions about their jumpers. The main difference is that Wiggins was a bit more athletic (Barrett scores an 8 on NBAdraft.net; Wiggins a 10.)

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/rj-barrett

So I don't think it was a "lazy" comparison. I think they're very similar in many ways.

kAzE
03-27-2018, 03:55 PM
One of the biggest knocks on Wiggins (fair or not) was that he didn't seem to compete and didn't seem to "love" basketball.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/andrew-wiggins

But the similarities are there. Both Canadian prodigies. Both 6'8". Similar wingspans (6'10" for Barrett, 6'11" for Wiggins)

Both with similar questions about their jumpers. The main difference is that Wiggins was a bit more athletic (Barrett scores an 8 on NBAdraft.net; Wiggins a 10.)

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/rj-barrett

So I don't think it was a "lazy" comparison. I think they're very similar in many ways.

Well, first of all, the difference between a 8 and 10 for an NBA player is MASSIVE. It's the difference between LeBron or Russell Westbrook vs. Jayson Tatum (who is an 8). Tatum is certainly a gifted athlete, but LeBron, Westbrook, and Wiggins are on a totally different level. That's the level of athlete we're talking about here. Wiggins is absolutely on that level as an athlete. It's a complete game changer. For reference, Luke Kennard and Trae Young are both a 7 for athleticism on NBADraft.net, are they "only" 3 points away from LeBron?

2nd, I think looking at purely physical attributes is the definition of a lazy comparison. They have completely different games. You would never want Andrew Wiggins handling the ball to close out a game. RJ Barrett lives for that. RJ could run your team as a point guard if needed. I stand firmly by my opinion that it's not a good comparison. I think he's much more similar to Wiggins' teammate Jimmy Butler than Wiggins himself.

Acymetric
03-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Alarmingly unathletic Jon Scheyer and Brian Zoubek both clock in at 6!

I'm trying to think of a player (not necessarily from Duke) that was just totally rooted to the ground to see how low they're actually willing to go with that score. Seems skewed high, maybe to avoid hurt feelings?

COYS
03-27-2018, 04:30 PM

I'm trying to think of a player (not necessarily from Duke) that was just totally rooted to the ground to see how low they're actually willing to go with that score. Seems skewed high, maybe to avoid hurt feelings?

Just from glancing at past rankings on that site, it seems that scores are basically on a 5 point system that ranges from 6 (as a low) and 10 (as a high) when it comes to evaluating top prospects skills and athleticism. At any rate, it seems that there is a consensus that RJ has less leaping ability than Wiggins, but that RJ is still regarded as an excellent athlete, particularly when it comes to quickness. After watching his performance in international basketball last summer, I thought the most impressive thing about his offensive game was his ability to attack the basket at a variety of different speeds and from creative angles. It's almost as if he would bait defenders into stepping up to guard him from a particularly angle so that he could engage a 5th gear that allowed him to sidestep right by them with ease. He had so many moves and countermoves that he had an answer for almost anything the defense threw at him. Ugh, I hate that we have to wait so long to see him suit up for Duke.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-27-2018, 05:23 PM

Luke Maye?

devildeac
03-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Luke Maye?

He'll clock in at 9F.

ChillinDuke
03-27-2018, 06:45 PM

Tony Parker?

Or is he rooted to that podium still?

- Chillin

jv001
03-28-2018, 12:14 AM
58% FT shooter, I hope he improves that number. Also said that he has a poor stroke. GoDuke!

mr. synellinden
03-28-2018, 12:58 AM
He'll clock in at 9F.

Nicely done. But:

You must spread some Comments around before commenting on devildeac again.

CajunDevil
03-28-2018, 07:37 AM
I taped the scrimmage yesterday and was able to watch most of it. My thoughts:

Generally - I'm not as concerned about Duke's outside shooting next year - RJ drilled a 3 and had nice form (he also sent one to the other side of the rim but the form was still there), Cam has a sweet stroke, and Zion has a nice shot as well (front rimmed a ft, then drained the second). Zion may be a 3-pt threat that Bagley was this year. Defensively, I think a switch back to M2M may be warranted. RJ is a beast defender, as is Tre, and Cam and Zion both did well. Each player has excellent handles.

1. RJ Barrett is a force of nature. His competitive desire immediately jumped off the screen as he made plays - off the dribble (draining a three with nice form from top of the key while coming off a screen, zipping a pass from the top of the key to the post in the half court), offensive rebounds, deflections, etc. On a break, at full speed he caught a pass from Garland that was directly under the basket, and reached back for the finish all in one motion. The catch and finish took ridiculous body control and hand-eye coordination. I think RJ will lead next year from the start. He's confident, not cocky. He's a leader, but not a guy who does it for show. He wasn't that guy who plays harder than everyone else at an all-star game to show he was "competitive." Everyone was competing and playing hard. RJ was just not going to be denied.

2. Cam Reddish is a much more skilled (at this stage) version of Grant Hill. Handles, court vision, ability to drive for a two-handed flush, through traffic. He's smooth and the game seems effortless. The longest of our recruiting class, he can easily play pg. An announcer mentioned he was like Tracy McGrady. I think a mix of the two...

3. Zion Williamson. Zion did the dirty work. Offensive & defensive boards, put backs through contact. Zion was isolated on the wing and used really nice footwork to get an open 6-footer he made. Zion is adept at making space (he's massive) and can explode to the ball for rebounds. I also saw him blocking out, which I wasn't expecting given his unparalleled athleticism.

4. Tre Jones made a nice pull-up 17-footer in an offensive set, and played solid D. Not a whole lot more that I saw on tape today.

Also, UNC recruit Coby White reminds me of Katt Williams - from the way he moves on the court to the way he looks. He's quite a good shooter, but I just laugh every time I see him.

CameronBornAndBred
03-29-2018, 08:52 AM
Have we ever had an injury vigil before the player wore a Duke jersey?

It's still unclear if he dislocated, broke or, even worse, tore anything in that hand, but his grimace while heading toward the bench and locker room was not an encouraging sign.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/video-zion-williamson-suffers-nasty-hand-injury-in-hs-all-american-game/ar-AAvefcI

fraggler
03-29-2018, 09:11 AM
Have we ever had an injury vigil before the player wore a Duke jersey?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/video-zion-williamson-suffers-nasty-hand-injury-in-hs-all-american-game/ar-AAvefcI

Harry Giles?

Acymetric
03-29-2018, 09:24 AM
7 months away from the start of the season, on his off-hand? Thoroughly unconcerned with regards to the impact on next season regardless of what the injury is. Certainly hope it is a minimal injury for Zion's sake in the short-term though!

CameronBornAndBred
03-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Harry Giles?

Who? :rolleyes: