PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast #115 - We lost and it sucks!

JasonEvans
03-26-2018, 09:29 AM
https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/dbr-podcast-115-we-lost

0:00 Sponsors rule!
0:25 We lost, we are depressed.
1:55 Sam says rebounds, 3-point shooting were the story.
3:20 Jason congratulates Kansas, and after some other stuff says the bad charge call on Carter changed the game.
6:30 Jason feels so sorry for Grayson Allen and the half an inch he came from being a hero.
8:50 Donald speaks up again and says this was the game of the tournament.
12:20 We all react to Grayson’s shot.
15:00 Silence… and then a conversation about Duval’s shooting.
23:45 Jason says Bill Self won the coaching battle and talks about Bagley being taken out of the game.
31:20 Donald wraps up the Kansas game talk talking about how well Kansas executed.
33:30 We reflect on the season and talk about whether it really was a success.
44:15 Player of the game: Bolden, Allen, and Duval.
46:40 Parting shots: Jason on a moving story he saw on ESPN: See it here -- https://www.facebook.com/SportsCenter/videos/2188703144481849/
49:50 Parting shots: Donald reflects on the Duke women’s basketball team
50:45 Parting shots: Sam thanks all of you!
52:20 Reach out to us at DBRPodcast@gmail.com and good bye!

juise
03-26-2018, 06:14 PM
As I continue to wallow in March Sadness (in an area that doesn’t live and die with college hoops), it was good to process my sports grief with you all. Thanks for another season of banter and interviews. When Sam mentioned that this was the end of year 4, I thought of the life of the podcast, the same way we break down the season on these boards.

Phase I: The Grayson Allen Years

Looking forward to Phase II. Hope it starts the same way that Phase I did!

Dev11
03-26-2018, 07:27 PM
As I continue to wallow in March Sadness (in an area that doesn’t live and die with college hoops), it was good to process my sports grief with you all. Thanks for another season of banter and interviews. When Sam mentioned that this was the end of year 4, I thought of the life of the podcast, the same way we break down the season on these boards.

Phase I: The Grayson Allen Years

Looking forward to Phase II. Hope it starts the same way that Phase I did!

I don't think I mentioned it on the show because we were rolling without notes yesterday, but I meant to add that Grayson was the only player we've covered the entire time we've been on the show. Part of my sentimentality about his graduation is tied to that fact, and it'll be weird that we won't have "Over-analysis of Grayson's physical and mental state" as a recurring topic anymore. All things must end, alas.

Agreed that I'm looking forward to Phase II.