PDA

View Full Version : Great article on ESPN about "the real" Grayson (and it isn't even clickbait!)

scottdude8
03-23-2018, 10:24 AM
Glad to see someone is trying to get the story out about the real Grayson Allen. Not that it'll change many peoples' minds, considering they're already set in stone... but it's great to see the Grayson we all know and love get some publicity.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22859206/2018-ncaa-tournament-duke-grayson-allen-being-grayson-allen

rsvman
03-23-2018, 11:09 AM
Good read. Thanks for the link.

It won't change anybody's mind, probably, but I enjoyed it. This is probably a nitpick, but Bagley didn't miss 3 weeks.

dragoneye776
03-23-2018, 11:46 AM
At this point, a 'positive' article about Grayson can be considered controversial clickbait

kAzE
03-23-2018, 01:20 PM
I expected something like this from ESPN, actually. The classic fall from grace to redemption story is a popular story arc to get clicks. But don't be fooled, it's still about getting clicks.

Just wait till the next guy comes along. ESPN will be doing backflips to hype up the next Duke villain.

luvdahops
03-23-2018, 02:45 PM
I expected something like this from ESPN, actually. The classic fall from grace to redemption story is a popular story arc to get clicks. But don't be fooled, it's still about getting clicks.

Just wait till the next guy comes along. ESPN will be doing backflips to hype up the next Duke villain.

Agreed

I am very cynical about anything coming from ESPN these days. I have to wonder if all the pre-tournament fawning about Michigan State was based on a management decision to push that narrative, with all but a few designated outliers expected to toe the party line.

FerryFor50
03-23-2018, 03:17 PM

Something tells me it will be this guy:

flyingdutchdevil
03-23-2018, 03:28 PM
Something tells me it will be this guy:

Not sure. He fits it in some ways: white, Duke, guard.

But in other ways, he just doesn't: not highly recruited or ranked in HS, not physical or highly animated, likely not to see plenty of minutes until his JR year.

I think Duke goes villain-less next year. Just my two cents.

WiJoe
03-23-2018, 04:26 PM
Didn't even get through the first paragraph of the espn thing. Forget it. They all inhale vigorously.

You know who has the BEST Duke coverage?

The Duke Chronicle.

That's right. The school newspaper.

Keep up the GREAT work, fellas !!