PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Omaha

KirkGilberson
03-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Does anyone plan on going to Omaha?

elvis14
03-21-2018, 02:27 PM
Does anyone plan on going to Omaha?

Anyone else read the title to this thread and picture Peyton Manning?

NEBlueDevil
03-21-2018, 02:30 PM
I live in Omaha and will be going to watch the games this weekend. Just heard the team landed in the airport a few minutes ago

MartyClark
03-21-2018, 06:45 PM
If Duke wins Friday night and if I can buy a not exorbitant ticket for Sunday, I'll drive from Denver for the game.

I'm in court all day Friday, otherwise I'd try to be there.

Go Duke.

(As a Colorado guy it is painful to drive through Nebraska. When they were good and C.U. was good in football, Tom Osborne refused to even acknowledge a rivalry. During the Kordell Stewart era, C.U. had very good teams but Stewart always choked against the Bugeaters)

throatybeard
03-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Am thinking about Friday. Sunday, can't possibly.

BigWayne
03-21-2018, 09:21 PM
If Duke wins Friday night and if I can buy a not exorbitant ticket for Sunday, I'll drive from Denver for the game.

Go Duke.

(As a Colorado guy it is painful to drive through Nebraska. When they were good and C.U. was good in football, Tom Osborne refused to even acknowledge a rivalry. During the Kordell Stewart era, C.U. had very good teams but Stewart always choked against the Bugeaters)
Depends on Kansas/Clemson. If Clemson wins, ticket prices will plummet.

duke96
03-22-2018, 12:50 AM
Will be there for Friday. Any info on Duke related events (or best steaks
Houses) very welcome.

indy1duke
03-22-2018, 06:58 AM
Yes, I plan to be there in Omaha for the first time. It appears to be the home of steak. Gorat Steak House is Warren Buffet's favorite restaurant -- good food and good prices. Omaha is larger than I thought and ranked 46th in population with over 400,000 people. I expect a warm welcome from the residents. March Madness is a bigger deal in Omaha than in Boston or NYC.

Hingeknocker
03-22-2018, 09:23 AM
I will be there on Sunday if we are fortunate enough to still be playing.

I've been to Omaha for the College World Series, and it really is a great location for an event like this. The arena is close to downtown with hotels/restaurants nearby. Creighton's campus is also nearby, and worth a visit if you like checking out other campuses.

sagegrouse
03-22-2018, 10:34 AM

Go Duke.

Heck, I wuz gonna find you a cheap flight. Cheapest non-stop on Trave*****Y (Sat. Mon.) is $1,100.

NEBlueDevil
03-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Will be there for Friday. Any info on Duke related events (or best steaks
Houses) very welcome.

The best steak in town is the whiskey bone-in rib eye at the Drover

Dev11
03-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Hitching a ride from Denver Friday morning and returning by plane early Saturday so I can podcast from the home office. I reserve the right to return to Omaha on Sunday if necessary.

weezie
03-22-2018, 08:18 PM
Hitching a ride from Denver Friday morning and returning by plane early Saturday... I reserve the right to return to Omaha on Sunday if necessary.

Wow, that is some kind of dedication right there. Hitching a ride for nearly 8 hours? Or maybe your friend has a plane. That sounds better.

MartyClark
03-22-2018, 08:25 PM
Heck, I wuz gonna find you a cheap flight. Cheapest non-stop on Trave*****Y (Sat. Mon.) is $1,100.

Hey Sage-

I appreciate it. We Colorado guys need to stick together.

Dev11
03-22-2018, 08:54 PM
Wow, that is some kind of dedication right there. Hitching a ride for nearly 8 hours? Or maybe your friend has a plane. That sounds better.

Car, unfortunately for me. They already had 3 in the car, what's one more? I'm small.

stingy
03-22-2018, 09:35 PM
I drove 8 hours from the Triangle to Pittsburgh representing WXDU so I figured Sam could do 8 hours to Omaha from Denver and hooked him up with our media pass. Enjoy, Sam!

terrih
03-22-2018, 10:35 PM
I'm heading out bright and early Friday morning too from Denver! See ya'll in Omaha. Lets go Duke!