PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v Rhode Island (NCAAT 2nd Round - Mar 17, 2018)

JBDuke
03-17-2018, 05:02 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in Duke's win over Rhode Island today?

ipatent
03-17-2018, 05:05 PM
Duval with 7 assists and one turnover, even though he missed some conversions on the dribble drive.

OldPhiKap
03-17-2018, 05:07 PM
Best TEAM effort so far this year, both sides of the court. No answer for Marvin.

flyingdutchdevil
03-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Best TEAM effort so far this year, both sides of the court. No answer for Marvin.

This. This all day. When Trent shoots the most and we win by 20+, that’s a team effort. No hero ball. Unselfish play. Duval was a huge difference maker.

But to me, Carter was a man amonhs boys

Dukehky
03-17-2018, 05:33 PM
This is kind of a irrelevant to this thread, but I think it's an interesting point.

I hate it when we take corner 3s. If we miss it, it always leads to a run out. We send so many people to the glass, and the shooter is the guy who is supposed to get back. it killed us against UNC a couple times, and in the first few minutes today, we gave up a run out.

Our transition D isn't very good, and missing a corner three is a disaster to us. It's the best shot in the game in the NBA because it's a shorter shot, but in college, it's the same distance. We have to take open shots, but we can't get dragged into ever taking contested 3s in the corner.

Player of the game was Wendell.

azzefkram
03-17-2018, 06:43 PM
Jack White on general principles and for the slowest euro-step ever. Really a great team win.

devilsince1977
03-17-2018, 06:52 PM
This is kind of a irrelevant to this thread, but I think it's an interesting point.

I hate it when we take corner 3s. If we miss it, it always leads to a run out. We send so many people to the glass, and the shooter is the guy who is supposed to get back. it killed us against UNC a couple times, and in the first few minutes today, we gave up a run out.

Our transition D isn't very good, and missing a corner three is a disaster to us. It's the best shot in the game in the NBA because it's a shorter shot, but in college, it's the same distance. We have to take open shots, but we can't get dragged into ever taking contested 3s in the corner.

Player of the game was Wendell.

Excellent point concerning the corner 3. It really hurts our floor balance.

I went with Trevon. Everyone keeps saying that we will only goes as far as Trevon takes us. We won, he must be the MOTM.

jv001
03-17-2018, 07:05 PM
I went with Grayson for the unselfish way he played today. Hardly anyone mentions his defense this year, but he has played excellent defense in Duke's zone. No one is going to outhustle Grayson either. The in game announcers even mentioned it today. Glad he's a Duke Blue Devil. GoDuke!

HereBeforeCoachK
03-17-2018, 07:06 PM
Jack White on general principles and for the slowest euro-step ever. Really a great team win.

That was his ugliest move ever.....:D

devildeac
03-17-2018, 07:20 PM
Consideration being given to Javelin Bolden for his (:rolleyes:) 29 minutes, 13 boards, 8 points and 6 PF performance off da bench.

But, ultimately voted for Duval for his 11pts/7A/1TO showing.

MB3 was excellent and GA had a good game, too.

sagegrouse
03-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Stat of the game: our starting "bigs" were 14 for 16 on field goals. Adding in Bolden and DeLaurier, we were 16 for 19.

I voted for Bagley.

Saratoga2
03-17-2018, 07:29 PM
I thought Trent did a great job today although there were many others who had excellent games.

Truth&Justise
03-17-2018, 07:34 PM
That was his ugliest move ever....:D

And the announcers teased him a bit with "Layup for the graceful Jack White from Australia."

devildeac
03-17-2018, 07:34 PM
Wish I hadn't voted yet. I saw White and Goldwire both had perfect shooting nights and The Slim Reaper put up a 4 billion (or was it a 4 trillion-I lost count after six zeros:rolleyes:?) in the box score. Elvis, help me with this one:p.

AOC: 4 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

:rolleyes:

elvis14
03-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Wish I hadn't voted yet. I saw White and Goldwire both had perfect shooting nights and The Slim Reaper put up a 4 billion (or was it a 4 trillion-I lost count after six zeros:rolleyes:?) in the box score. Elvis, help me with this one:p.

AOC: 4 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

:rolleyes:

I don't know Doc, that's a lot of zeros. Maybe we should have voted for AOC just to send him good Karma.

Wander
03-17-2018, 08:49 PM
In blowouts, I go for the "guy who was MOTM while the game was actually competitive"... which is Carter.