PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Iona (Mar 15, 2018)

JBDuke
03-15-2018, 05:07 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Iona this afternoon?

proelitedota
03-15-2018, 05:12 PM
Tricks.

Easily the most complete game by him this season.

duke4ever19
03-15-2018, 05:13 PM
Trevon Duval, of course!

Bob Green
03-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Grayson Allen with 16 points and 9 assists wins my vote.

devildeac
03-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Considering a Bolden vote for his perfect shooting day. (trolling elvis here :p)

:rolleyes:

BandAlum83
03-15-2018, 05:21 PM

19 points, 8 assists gets my vote. Duval.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Trevon Duval! Hope he keeps his play (and outside shooting) at this high level! Would bode very well for our immediate future success! LGD GTHc!

rsvman
03-15-2018, 06:04 PM
Another vote for that guy wearing number 1 for Duke today, which should have been Duval, but instead was some guy who could really light it up from outside.

Devilwin
03-15-2018, 06:11 PM
No contest. My boy Tricky. 4 of 5 threes, 8 assists, and that behind the back pass to Bags for the dunk was just sick..

ncexnyc
03-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Went with Trevon as his shooting early on kept things from getting out of hand, as Iona was smoking hot to start the game. However, after today's performance do we have to change his nickname from Tricky to Sandbagger, as where on earth did that shooting ability come from.

jv001
03-15-2018, 06:23 PM
Went with Trevon as his shooting early on kept things from getting out of hand, as Iona was smoking hot to start the game. However, after today's performance do we have to change his nickname from Tricky to Sandbagger, as where on earth did that shooting ability come from.

I believe ncexync is a golfer. I hope he's a sandbagger and has a +3 handicap. :cool::cool:GoDuke!

Native
03-15-2018, 07:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-O5IHVhWj0

flyingdutchdevil
03-15-2018, 07:43 PM
Duval with the votes?

What the hell happened? You folks are supposed to just insult him and talk about how you miss Tyus Jones.

devildeac
03-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Considering a Bolden vote for his perfect shooting day. (trolling elvis here :p)

Duval for me. Excellent game except for the 3 late TO as I think he was 8:1 at some point.

(<ducks>)

Rough crowd here. :o

elvis14
03-15-2018, 10:57 PM

LOL, <mr_garvey_substitite_teacher>Son of A... This is a MOTM poll not a Man_That_Didn't_Miss_Any_of_his_2_shots poll. Ya done messed up A-A-Ron!!!!! ;) </mr_garvey_substitute_teacher>

I voted for Trevon. He hit 4 3's, no really, he hit 4 3's.

mgtr
03-16-2018, 01:27 AM
After all the abuse heaped upon Duval by this board, the vote today should have been unanimous.

kAzE
03-16-2018, 01:44 AM
It's amazing what hitting some 3s does for your perception on DBR :D

heyman25
03-16-2018, 01:49 AM
Another music video from Tricky. "Hell Is Around The Corner"
Thank you Trevon just keep playing like Iona game when you go up against tough Rhode Island team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3bBKTdk2Kk&list=PLHAfEoqG3xa6QO7MTEnrDwJnd1GXI5_Ff&index=9

jv001
03-16-2018, 08:35 AM
It's amazing what hitting some 3s does for your perception on DBR :D

It seems there are 3 kinds of Trevon posters:

1) those that hate on him and think he should be benched. A lot of these posters don't post much on DBR.
2) those that think he can do no wrong.
3) those that realize he is a freshman playing the toughest position in college basketball, that can discuss his play whether good, bad or indifferent, and will make positive comments.

We need Trevon to play like he did yesterday and I think he just might do it for 5 more games.

Acymetric
03-16-2018, 10:20 AM

Agreed. I think there are solid arguments for Allen, Duval, or Bagley this game. Duval scored very efficiently (and that behind the back pass was beautiful), but he did also have four turnovers to Allen's one. I was a little surprised at how much Duval is dominating the vote, but I do understand the sentiment.

DukieInBrasil
03-16-2018, 12:47 PM
It seems there are 3 kinds of Trevon posters:

1) those that hate on him and think he should be benched. A lot of these posters don't post much on DBR.
2) those that think he can do no wrong.
3) those that realize he is a freshman playing the toughest position in college basketball, that can discuss his play whether good, bad or indifferent, and will make positive comments.

We need Trevon to play like he did yesterday and I think he just might do it for 5 more games.

it would help his draft stock quite a bit. it always helps to go out a champion!!!
Seriously though, if Trevon plays well enough to be garnering serious MOTM attention from here on out, i think that bodes well for the team.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-16-2018, 12:55 PM
it would help his draft stock quite a bit. it always helps to go out a champion!!!
Seriously though, if Trevon plays well enough to be garnering serious MOTM attention from here on out, i think that bodes well for the team.

I'll go one step further - if Trevon EVER gets a unanimous MOTM, we win the whole shebang.

Native
03-16-2018, 06:18 PM
I'll go one step further - if Trevon EVER gets a unanimous MOTM, we win the whole shebang.

What are we waiting for?! Everybody vote for Tre!

jbay201
03-16-2018, 07:18 PM
the harsh criticism and derogatory comments towards him have to be from non-fans/trolls. duval is already shooting better than kennard did the entire ncaa tourney last year!

some players turn it up when its tourney time and i definitely think thats going to be duval. players really just need to have confidence in their shoot during the tourney...a lot of garbage teams filled with poor shooters playing out of their minds at this time and duval is a lot better than them.

BandAlum83
03-17-2018, 05:14 AM
I hear Duke Medical was just able to activate the bionic eye that was implanted earlier this season. The neural connections had to be stabilized, and they needed an off week in order to work on it. Thankfully there was enough time after the Friday loss at the ACC tournament.

There is still some adjustment needed ( thus the One miss from 3 land). That will have to be corrected after Rhode Island.