PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v. Notre Dame (ACCT Qtrs - March 8, 2018)

JBDuke
03-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Notre Dame tonight?

CameronBornAndBred
03-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Going with the guy who I'm pretty sure set the Duke freshman scoring record in a tourney game.

DukieInBrasil
Bagley was amazing, easily deserved it.
I want to point out that Grayson had 23 on 10 shots.
I would also like to point out that Trevon had 11 assists.
Point is, there was a lot of good basketball played tonight, and everybody did something to help us win.

EKU1969
Grayson in the first half, MBIII for the second half and the Nassau!

Pghdukie
03-08-2018, 09:17 PM
I thought the Defense was good. We all knew Colsin was going to be trouble in the middle of the zone D, but overall a great effort all the way around.

OldPhiKap
03-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Marvin. Although big kudos to Grayson, Tre and Bolden.

Very balanced, very nice.

Very happy.

UrinalCake
03-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Yeah I can’t vote for anyone because singling out one player wouldn’t be fair; this was a great team performance. Allen’s heat check threes were awesome, and Bagley did his thing after a (relatively) slow start.

JasonEvans
03-08-2018, 09:24 PM
I'm fairly sure there is no one else in Duke history who could go for 33 and 17 and not be a unanimous POG. Bagley is surreal. We are not capable of fully appreciating what he does on the floor.

I mean, there have been a total of five 30/15 games in Duke history. Elton Brand never did it. Carlos Boozer never did it. Mark Alarie, Danny Ferry, Shane Battier, Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, and hosts of other great big men never did it. Christian Laettner did it once... once. The other 4 times it has been done across the decades of Duke history are all Marvin Bagley. 4 of the 5 times it has been done, it has been done by a freshman (who reclassified).

He's unquestionably the greatest freshman in Duke history and he is in the conversation for the best single season in Duke history. As I said, we are not capable of fully appreciating what he is doing right now... in time, we will understand how blessed we were to have this kid in our uniform.

-Jason "wow... hes just wow" Evans

ChillinDuke
03-08-2018, 09:27 PM
I thought Grayson set the tone early, which should never be underestimated.

Had he not done so, you never know if Marvin could have gone off like that.

For that reason, I give it to Grayson.

Marvin can have his piece of history. Grayson can have something much more valuable: my MOTM.

- Chillin

Acymetric
03-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Well I really wanted to give it to Grayson, who had almost a perfect stat line: 7-10 from the field, 3 boards, 3 assists, no turnovers, and no fouls in 39 minutes (that is...pretty efficient scoring). ACC player of the week numbers in some weeks during the season.

But Bagley was even better. 33 and 17 is insanity! Fun game to watch, no doubt, and I suspect I'll be checking Bagley AND Grayson's names again later this postseason!

westwall
03-08-2018, 09:34 PM

Bagley and Allen were magnificent, but my vote goes to Bolden, who played a key role when Carter had to sit early with fouls, and he played that role far beyond my expectations.

jv001
03-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Report Card

Marvin Bagley A+
Grayson Allen A+

Trevon Duval A
Marques Bolden A

The rest of the team B

GoDuke!

ipatent
03-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Nice to see Marvin and Grayson scoring well in the same game.

pamtar
03-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Voted for Grayson because he mortally wounded them in the first half - which paved the way for Bagley. They had to focus on Grayson after him going 5-5 from three, enter the beast.

However, this is one of those games where I wish we could vote for Coach. Absolutely brilliant game plan and absolutely brilliant defensive adjustments. We’re finally figuring out how to adapt the zone game-to-game, and frankly, it’s down right scary. OUR ZONE DEFENSE IS SCARY. WE’RE GOOD AT PLAYING ZONE DEFENSE. I’ve questioned this OAD thing since last year, and it may still blow up in our face, but I’m having a lot of fun watching some of the best coaching in K’s tenure. Every year he’s finding a way to build a new team, and every year we complain about it until we see the final product.

And just for the record, we’re basically going 9 deep and it’s March. ~head explodes~

OldPhiKap
03-08-2018, 10:05 PM
I'm fairly sure there is no one else in Duke history who could go for 33 and 17 and not be a unanimous POG. Bagley is surreal. We are not capable of fully appreciating what he does on the floor.

I mean, there have been a total of five 30/15 games in Duke history. Elton Brand never did it. Carlos Boozer never did it. Mark Alarie, Danny Ferry, Shane Battier, Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, and hosts of other great big men never did it. Christian Laettner did it once... once. The other 4 times it has been done across the decades of Duke history are all Marvin Bagley. 4 of the 5 times it has been done, it has been done by a freshman (who reclassified).

He's unquestionably the greatest freshman in Duke history and he is in the conversation for the best single season in Duke history. As I said, we are not capable of fully appreciating what he is doing right now... in time, we will understand how blessed we were to have this kid in our uniform.

Could not Sporkz this, so will just quote. Because it is worth reading twice.

jv001
03-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Could not Sporkz this, so will just quote. Because it is worth reading twice.

I tried the sprorkz route as well but couldn't. What a great post on our great freshman, Marvin Bagley III. Like Jason said, maybe the best freshman ever at Duke. GoDuke!

22JumpShots
03-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Hey now what kind of swashbuckling shenanigans are going on here? I placed my vote for Bagley and it registered for Bolden. :rolleyes::rolleyes: No disrespect to Bolden! :o

TNTDevil
03-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Going with the guy who I'm pretty sure set the Duke freshman scoring record in a tourney game.Homer.

I voted JDL because: A) I knew Bagley would win and; B) Javin brought good early energy.

duke4ever19
03-08-2018, 10:58 PM
This MOTM polling result is pure comedy and classic DBR :D

curtis325
03-08-2018, 11:02 PM

Voters (not many of them) bend themselves into pretzels trying to find a reason to not vote for Marvin. It definitely is comedy.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-09-2018, 03:13 AM

http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifI was able to Zpork you!http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Native
03-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Bagley makes it look so easy, too. I've never seen a quieter and more effortless 30/15. He is a generational talent.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-09-2018, 09:10 AM

I know you don't need/want the sporkz, but I tried.

I felt this way earlier in the season, but I hate instant analysis. Bagley is having probably the most talented and impressive season I have ever witnessed in a Duke uniform. The only other player than I can recall having as dominant moments/games was JJ, (Texas comes to mind) but I think even Bags is better sustained over the season.

Amazing. Enjoy whatever we have left.

elvis14
03-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Homer.

I voted JDL because: A) I knew Bagley would win and; B) Javin brought good early energy.

Marvin had 33 and17. Javin 4 and 1. Bolden 8 and 4. One of these guys was the MOTM. The other 2 guys were good role players.

Grayson has 23 and 3 and hit 5 of the teams 8 three pointers and provided great leadership. Not quite MOTM but a good night (I loved it when he was lighting it up in the first half).

devildeac
03-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Marvin had 33 and17. Javin 4 and 1. Bolden 8 and 4. One of these guys was the MOTM. The other 2 guys were good role players.

Grayson has 23 and 3 and hit 5 of the teams 8 three pointers and provided great leadership. Not quite MOTM but a good night (I loved it when he was lighting it up in the first half).

WTH? No vote from you for Trent or the Slim Reaper?

:rolleyes:

Jeffrey
03-09-2018, 10:12 AM

Don't many here believe he is a black hole on O and our weakest link on D?

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

jv001
03-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Don't many here believe he is a black hole on O and our weakest link on D?

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

I didn't know Dakitch was a member here on DBR. GoDuke!

Jeffrey
03-09-2018, 10:37 AM
I didn't know Dakitch was a member here on DBR. GoDuke!

IIRC, many here have posted basically the same with kinder phrasing.

jv001
03-09-2018, 10:43 AM
IIRC, many here have posted basically the same with kinder phrasing.

Sorry, I didn't mean my post in a harsh manner. Should have put a :cool: with it. GoDuke!

DukieInKansas
03-09-2018, 10:46 AM
I tried the sprorkz route as well but couldn't. What a great post on our great freshman, Marvin Bagley III. Like Jason said, maybe the best freshman ever at Duke. GoDuke!

I was successful - gave Pamtar OPK sporks.

OldPhiKap
03-09-2018, 10:49 AM
I was successful - gave Pamtar OPK sporks.

And as we all know, OPK sporks count double. Triple, with a coupon.

Jeffrey
03-09-2018, 10:59 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean my post in a harsh manner. Should have put a :cool: with it. GoDuke!

I enjoy your posts and did not consider it harsh. I merely used your post as an opportunity to point out many here have made rather similar comments. Stated differently, many posts do not sound like they're referencing a OAD ACC POY.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-09-2018, 11:34 AM
I enjoy your posts and did not consider it harsh. I merely used your post as an opportunity to point out many here have made rather similar comments. Stated differently, many posts do not sound like they're referencing a OAD ACC POY.

Austin Rivers was a black hole on offense. Bagley is automatic on offense and just logged an insane stat line last night. Maybe we could have some sort of 24 hour moratorium on whether Duke is better without MB3?

wavedukefan70s
03-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Had to go with mb3.33 and 17 while his mirror had a free pass from the stripes. very impressive.he took over the post while being pulled pushed ect.a few games ago he disappeared some with physical defenses. he responded last night.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Had to go with mb3.33 and 17 while his mirror had a free pass from the stripes. very impressive.he took over the post while being pulled pushed ect.a few games ago he disappeared some with physical defenses. he responded last night.

I think "mb3.33" should be his new nickname.

flyingdutchdevil
03-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Bagley makes it look so easy, too. I've never seen a quieter and more effortless 30/15. He is a generational talent.

This. There may have been a freshman wall, but Bagley jumped over it.

MOTM, fo sho.

Grayson and Duval deserve praise.

The Gordog
03-09-2018, 01:37 PM

I voted for Grayson because I think his explosion from outside opened up the D and created the opportunities for MBIII.