PDA

View Full Version : Oh by the way....

Tom B.
03-01-2018, 02:55 PM
With everything else that's been going on, it's kind of gotten lost that Coach K is five wins away from 1,100 career victories. Could very well happen in the NCAA Tournament.

devildeac
03-01-2018, 03:29 PM
With everything else that's been going on, it's kind of gotten lost that Coach K is five wins away from 1,100 career victories. Could very well happen in the NCAA Tournament.

Another poster pointed that out on another thread with the possible time line in which that might occur. I have no idea which thread:o.

kAzE
03-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Another poster pointed that out on another thread with the possible time line in which that might occur. I have no idea which thread:o.

We're going to beat UNC and win the ACC tournament, so it'll be our 1st round win.

thedukelamere
03-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Was I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting/hoping the OP was

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!! GO TO HELL!!!!

cbarry
03-01-2018, 04:28 PM
My thoughts exactly! 1,100 is a round number, but no major significance.

Was I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting/hoping the OP was

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!! GO TO HELL!!!!

msdukie
03-01-2018, 11:55 PM
My thoughts exactly! 1,100 is a round number, but no major significance.

1) He is, though, 3 wins from tying Pat Summit, which is of major significance.

2) If you add the 101 wins that Boeheim had vacated, K is now tied with him (1,022) for wins at one school, which means that K is now not only officially the winningest coach at 1 school but also "unofficially" (and in reality) tied for winningest coach at 1 school (and did it in 4 less years). Oh, and who did K coach against to get the "unofficial" tie on Saturday? Boeheim.

killerleft
03-02-2018, 04:41 PM
1) He is, though, 3 wins from tying Pat Summit, which is of major significance.

2) If you add the 101 wins that Boeheim had vacated, K is now tied with him (1,022) for wins at one school, which means that K is now not only officially the winningest coach at 1 school but also "unofficially" (and in reality) tied for winningest coach at 1 school (and did it in 4 less years). Oh, and who did K coach against to get the "unofficial" tie on Saturday? Boeheim.

It might be un-jinxy to point out that this is an ongoing battle with the Syracuse coach, and the eventual leader may not be known for some time.:)

cato
03-02-2018, 05:06 PM
It might be un-jinxy to point out that this is an ongoing battle with the Syracuse coach, and the eventual leader may not be known for some time.:)

It might. Or it might not. That’s the way jinxes work. Or don’t work.

We won’t know until we know. But at the end of the day, everything will depend on whether and to what extent you were trying to unjinx Duke, with a discount factor tied (inversely) to how much the original jinx poster was thinking about a jinx.

So, yeah. Thanks guys.

BigWayne
03-02-2018, 06:28 PM

My Toyota is about a commute and a half away from rolling over to 200K miles also. I think my excitement when that happens will be about the same as Coach K feels about the #1100. I am sure he will be much more excited about the actual win itself than the rolling tally.