PDA

View Full Version : 2018 All-ACC Academic MBB Team Announced

Tripping William
02-28-2018, 03:41 PM
Link is here (http://theacc.com/news/2018/2/28/2018-all-acc-academic-mens-basketball-team-announced.aspx). Luke Maye wins the Skip Prosser Award as the top scholar-athlete in ACC men's basketball. Included on the team are our own Grayson Allen and Marvin Bagley III (since, per Dakich, he's apparently all about himself & all. :rolleyes: )

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-28-2018, 03:43 PM
Link is here (http://theacc.com/news/2018/2/28/2018-all-acc-academic-mens-basketball-team-announced.aspx). Luke Maye wins the Skip Prosser Award as the top scholar-athlete in ACC men's basketball. Included on the team are our own Grayson Allen and Marvin Bagley III (since, per Dakich, he's apparently all about himself & all. :rolleyes: )

I know he plays for the Evil Empire, but Luke Maye sure is a fascinating story.

flyingdutchdevil
02-28-2018, 04:08 PM
I know he plays for the Evil Empire, but Luke Maye sure is a fascinating story.

UNC is, and I hate to say it, kinda Duke-esque this year. 3pt shooters? Hard-nosed players who do anything for their team? In the words of Zoubek, awkward tall white guys?

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!

Rich
02-28-2018, 04:09 PM
Luke Maye wins the Skip Prosser Award as the top scholar-athlete in ACC men's basketball.

Maybe UNC now has its act together with regards to athletes and academics, but I'll always be a skeptic. Who's to say what he actually had to do to maintain that GPA? I wonder how many UNC "scholar-athletes" won this award or were named to the All-ACC Academic team during the 20 years of fraud. What a joke!

flyingdutchdevil
02-28-2018, 04:11 PM
Maybe UNC now has its act together with regards to athletes and academics, but I'll always be a skeptic. Who's to say what he actually had to do to maintain that GPA? I wonder how many UNC "scholar-athletes" won this award or were named to the All-ACC Academic team during the 20 years of fraud. What a joke!

They say the safest time to fly is after a commercial airline crashes.

I think UNC has, at least for now, put athletes in real classes. The bad press would just be too much for that school to take. Does that make what they've done any better? Nope. Are they still a bunch of cheaters? Yup.

Duke79UNLV77
02-28-2018, 04:12 PM

Much like OAR in the recent Olympics, Maye should at most be listed as Student Athlete from Carolina (SAC), with UNCheat banished as institution from competing for these honors.

Great to see Bagley honored. I recall Tyus and Winslow receiving the honor, too, which shows that one-and-dones can certainly be real students during their limited time in college.

proelitedota
02-28-2018, 04:12 PM
How is Wendell Carter not on this list!!!

Someone is getting grounded.

Duke79UNLV77
02-28-2018, 04:41 PM
They say the safest time to fly is after a commercial airline crashes.

I think UNC has, at least for now, put athletes in real classes. The bad press would just be too much for that school to take. Does that make what they've done any better? Nope. Are they still a bunch of cheaters? Yup.

You're forgetting the ADHD scheme allowing athletes extra academic accommodations and performance-enhancing medication. There was even a whistle-blower athlete quoted saying he was instructed to fail the test intentionally.

I assume Maye is a very bright and serious student. But, he presumably also knew of unc's track record for academic fraud when he went there.

Tripping William
02-28-2018, 04:54 PM
How is Wendell Carter not on this list!!!

Someone is getting grounded.

I can only assume that it's "selfish" Marvin Bagley's fault. It only takes 18 minutes in a classroom to figure that out. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sagegrouse
02-28-2018, 05:03 PM
Congrats to Maye, Grayson and Marvin. That is all.

BD80
02-28-2018, 05:09 PM
I can only assume that it's "selfish" Marvin Bagley's fault. It only takes 18 minutes in a classroom to figure that out. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So no carolina athlete - in the entire history of the school - would ever figure it out.