PDA

View Full Version : Alonzo Trier (Arizona) declared ineligible

UrinalCake
02-22-2018, 06:23 PM
No, it is not related to the FBI investigation. Tested positive for banned substance. Major hit to the team that many had as preseason #1.

link (https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaab/ua/2018/02/22/arizona-wildcats-allonzo-trier-ruled-ineligible-ncaa/365350002/)

BD80
02-22-2018, 06:29 PM
No, it is not related to the FBI investigation. Tested positive for banned substance. Major hit to the team that many had as preseason #1.

link (https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaab/ua/2018/02/22/arizona-wildcats-allonzo-trier-ruled-ineligible-ncaa/365350002/)

Fascinating that urinal cake was the first to encounter the results of the test ...

Rich
02-22-2018, 08:22 PM
Fascinating that urinal cake was the first to encounter the results of the test ...

Urinal Cake has been waiting his whole life for news like this, yet he still smells fresh as a daisy.

UrinalCake
02-22-2018, 08:31 PM
LOL, I didn't even make that connection.

Upon reading more details of the case, it looks like he tested positive for the same drug as in 2016, which he says he took unknowingly. He has already been penalized for this by the NCAA. But now they have discovered trace amounts of the drug, which could have simply been leftover in his system. So they are penalizing him twice. Granted this is all according to the statement from Arizona, so there may be more more to the story than we're getting.

If it is the case that the NCAA is committing double jeopardy, that is terribly wrong. I would expect that a lot of negative publicity will ensue, at which point the NCAA will approve Trier's appeal and reinstate him.

devilseven
02-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Is it possible for trace amounts of a drug to remain in his system for over a year? Just asking, I have no idea.

MartyClark
02-22-2018, 09:11 PM
Is it possible for trace amounts of a drug to remain in his system for over a year? Just asking, I have no idea.

We need a forensic toxicologist to weigh in, surely we have one on DBR. Seems unlikely to me.

devildeac
02-22-2018, 10:29 PM

Bill Walton Oh, never mind...

Hingeknocker
02-22-2018, 10:40 PM
Well I for one certainly have no doubts that the NCAA is totally on the up and up on this one.

84Duke
02-23-2018, 02:14 AM
We need a forensic toxicologist to weigh in, surely we have one on DBR. Seems unlikely to me.

One answer, for several common drugs/substances of abuse:

http://www.drugs.ie/drugs_info/about_drugs/how_long_do_drugs_stay_in_your_system/

Note: I am not a toxicologist (but do have a chemistry degree).

devilsadvocate85
02-23-2018, 03:51 AM
One answer, for several common drugs/substances of abuse:

http://www.drugs.ie/drugs_info/about_drugs/how_long_do_drugs_stay_in_your_system/

Note: I am not a toxicologist (but do have a chemistry degree).

No longer a mystery. ESPN reporting PED

http://es.pn/2GCkwR2

NSDukeFan
02-23-2018, 04:44 AM
Shouldn’t Arizona have given the banned substance to several non-athlete students? I assume then it wouldn’t have been a problem?

devildeac
02-23-2018, 09:05 AM
Shouldn’t Arizona have given the banned substance to several non-athlete students? I assume then it wouldn’t have been a problem?

I see you've now been stripped of all integrity.

;)

thedukelamere
02-23-2018, 10:15 AM

No no no. Can't give them PEDs, just have to leave them in the quad under a bush or shrub. Sure, it's not listed anywhere that it's available, but if random students stumble upon it on their own or hear about them through the grapevine, Arizona would be in the clear.

Assuming they are willing to commit to this practice for 20 years or so.... And pay for 1200+ students to get JACKED.

Truth&Justise
02-23-2018, 10:15 AM
Well I for one certainly have no doubts that the NCAA is totally on the up and up on this one.

In this one instance, from what I can gather, the NCAA's reaction seems reasonable. The player tested positive for a banned substance last year. He was held out until he no longer tested positive. Great. Then a year later he has a positive test again. If you're the NCAA, what other action would you take?

devildeac
02-23-2018, 10:17 AM
In this one instance, from what I can gather, the NCAA's reaction seems reasonable. The player tested positive for a banned substance last year. He was held out until he no longer tested positive. Great. Then a year later he has a positive test again. If you're the NCAA, what other action would you take?

Make ND football vacate 2 years of wins?

:rolleyes:

UrinalCake
02-23-2018, 10:40 AM
Heard on a podcast this morning that someone (not a doctor) claimed the drug could be stored in fat cells and then re-released at a later time. This would explain why he tested clean of the substance last year but now has trace amounts.

FerryFor50
02-23-2018, 11:21 AM

No, you'd need to start a Performance Enhancing Studies department first.

JetpackJesus
02-23-2018, 11:52 AM
Heard on a podcast this morning that someone (not a doctor) claimed the drug could be stored in fat cells and then re-released at a later time. This would explain why he tested clean of the substance last year but now has trace amounts.

That's in the story you originally linked, but I wouldn't be surprised if they edited it between yesterday and when I read it for the first time today. And the person who made that claim is Trier's attorney based on what "the experts" told them.

IrishDevil
02-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Make ND football vacate 2 years of wins?

:rolleyes:

::winces as bruise is poked::

;)

devildeac
02-23-2018, 10:47 PM
::winces as bruise is poked::

;)

I'm glad you reacted with some humor as I didn't intend to single out/pick on ND. I could have named Syracuse, Minnesota, F$U or several other schools who have been punished for less offensive events.