PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast #106- Jason visits the Duke locker room

JasonEvans
02-13-2018, 10:44 AM
https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/dbr-podcast-106-jason-visits-the-locker-room

0:00 Thanks Byrd Campbell
0:30 Sam welcomes us and says he does not want to talk about that UNC game
2:55 Duke beat Ga Tech and Jason saw the game from press row
9:25 Jason does post-game interviews with Alex O'Connell, Marquis Bolden, Grayson Allen, and Wendell Carter
14:50 We react to the locker room interviews and talk about the scene in the locker room
20:40 Jason talks a bit about Grayson being more aggressive offensively in this game as well as Duke playing a lot of zone
23:20 Sam was unimpressed with our second half effort, especially on defense and the boards
26:20 Donald talks about rebounding in the zone, which can be spotty
29:55 Sam compares Duke to the Spurs and then transitions into a conversation about Trevon Duval's role on the team
37:15 Another shout out to our wonderful sponsors, Byrd Campbell
37:40 Previewing the Va Tech game, rebounding and 3 point D will be key
43:40 Donald tells us all about Clemson, one of the surprising teams in the ACC this year thanks to a strong defense
49:00 Player of the week
50:50 Parting shots - Donald is headed to Durham for the Louisville game
51:40 Parting shots - Jason talks about the preview of the NCAA Tournament field
59:30 Parting shots - Sam on K's birthday and a comment on the Olympics
1:02:50 Goodbye and Duke band

JasonEvans
02-13-2018, 10:45 AM
My view from press row at Ga Tech:

https://i.groupme.com/1125x1500.jpeg.0367ced389b84af9b0dd07101f6adbf6.la rge

UrinalCake
02-13-2018, 10:55 AM
DBR delivering the goods once again! I really enjoyed the report from press row and the locker room interviews. It always seems so chaotic when we see short clips from the locker room, interesting to know that a “big crowd” is only 4-5 media people around a player. Also, why no interview with Jordan Goldwire? That would have completed the lineup of Georgia natives.

As far as mid-season lineup changes, a more apt analogy might be from the season prior to Zoubek’s move, in which freshman wing Elliot Williams moved into the starting lineup in place of struggling point guard Greg Paulus. That has a closer parallel to O’Connell starting in place of Duval, though still not exact. Unfortunately that experiment was far less successful than in 2010.

jv001
02-13-2018, 10:59 AM
DBR delivering the goods once again! I really enjoyed the report from press row and the locker room interviews. It always seems so chaotic when we see short clips from the locker room, interesting to know that a “big crowd” is only 4-5 media people around a player. Also, why no interview with Jordan Goldwire? That would have completed the lineup of Georgia natives.

As far as mid-season lineup changes, a more apt analogy might be from the season prior to Zoubek’s move, in which freshman wing Elliot Williams moved into the starting lineup in place of struggling point guard Greg Paulus. That has a closer parallel to O’Connell starting in place of Duval, though still not exact. Unfortunately that experiment was far less successful than in 2010.

I hope Alex can learn to defend like Williams but he(Alex) looks like he can shoot it better than Elliot. GoDuke!

Bob Green
02-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Great job with the locker room interviews, Jason. The podcast was very enjoyable.

Saratoga2
02-15-2018, 08:14 AM
I hope Alex can learn to defend like Williams but he(Alex) looks like he can shoot it better than Elliot. GoDuke!

He can shoot it and also is quite agile, long and explosive. He still defers too much to others and looks like he wants to get rid of the ball as soon as it comes to him. As he develops, some of those aspects of game will come to him but maybe not so much this year. He has the tools to be a good defender and looks good at times, but I have to admit he can get lost out there and leave a man open. Great possibilities for the kid but he still will come in as a 6th or 7th man and that is okay. I expect him to be around next year with maybe another 15 pounds and more strength.