Just wanted folks to enjoy this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCpjPjeRDE

-Jason "my apologies if it was posted elsewhere" Evans

JetpackJesus
02-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Just wanted folks to enjoy this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCpjPjeRDE

-Jason "my apologies if it was posted elsewhere" Evans

Thanks for sharing. There's so much awesome going on there: He took that shot super nonchalantly from well behind half court and called it right after release.

CameronBornAndBred
02-12-2018, 06:30 PM
Didn't a student win 18K sinking one that game?

JasonEvans
02-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Didn't a student win 18K sinking one that game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJEewrPJlFM

JWill celebrates nicely with the kid. Fun stuff.

weezie
02-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Smooth stuff is our JWill.

It's been great fun watching him mature into this ESPN role. Remember how rocky he was in the beginning? Seeing him settle in and still have his sunny attitude and still proud and vocal about his Duke lineage, it's just terrific. And, even though he came down hard on GA last year, he showed some needed reassessment of the whole situation and he did reel it back in when it was warranted.

He's obviously very proud of that jersey hanging above the court. Really am very fond of the guy.

dahntaysdawg
02-12-2018, 10:29 PM

It's been great fun watching him mature into this ESPN role. Remember how rocky he was in the beginning? Seeing him settle in and still have his sunny attitude and still proud and vocal about his Duke lineage, it's just terrific. And, even though he came down hard on GA last year, he showed some needed reassessment of the whole situation and he did reel it back in when it was warranted.

He's obviously very proud of that jersey hanging above the court. Really am very fond of the guy.

Is he? I don’t really watch halftime or game day anymore after last year. It was basically Greenberg psychoanalyzing Grayson Allen and Jay(son) pretty much following it up with “yeah you’re right Mr Greenberg”

duketaylor
02-13-2018, 12:13 AM
Yes!! On third attempt!! Congrats to a (likely) needy student!!
Hope ur well,sir!!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-13-2018, 05:56 AM
Posted this on another thread, but I saw somewhere that he was participating in some sort of game for NBA All-star weekend. Anyone have details?

And yes, I saw this same Game Day segment, and Jay seems to really be relaxing and having fun. Crowd likes him too.

grad_devil
02-13-2018, 09:56 AM
Jay challenges any UVA fan to 1v1 (he gets ball, first to 1 wins), and this video emerges (https://twitter.com/BarstoolUVA/status/962888531608854529). JWill pulls an And1 dribble move, kid falls to the ground, he drains a 3, and the crowd goes wild.

Sorry; don't think there's an easy way to embed twitter vids on vBulletin, but you should click the link :)

thedukelamere
02-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Is he? I don’t really watch halftime or game day anymore after last year. It was basically Greenberg psychoanalyzing Grayson Allen and Jay(son) pretty much following it up with “yeah you’re right Mr Greenberg”

I think JWill is an excellent media personality and am happy he is still a part of the game he loves, but I too was disappointed in the way he treated GA. I get it; he and Bilas and any of our other guys in the media have to walk a fine line so they aren't homers, and sometimes they come down on the wrong side of things. It's tough to throw yourself under the bus, but I think he had the opportunity to put GA's "immaturity" in the context of the big picture by talking about his own mistakes when he was that age... I know he kind of has since, but during the "I HATE GA" apex it was tough for me to sit and listen to him and Greenburg pass judgement on a 20 year old kid who stuck his foot out at someone when one ruined his playing career and the other only suspended Deron Washington one game for assault and battery.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AlienatedFearlessBushbaby-small.gif

Edit: Huge props to JWill for draining that shot with a suit jacket on... Made him look as locked in and untouchable as he was during the Miracle Minute.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-13-2018, 03:29 PM

Yeah, he's growing in the job....and he's really right on one thing (where Greenberg is wrong) - and that is this Duke team is a zone team....period. He's said it a lot lately, and I would agree.

As for Greenberg, is it just me, or was he actually the whiniest and most constant complainer about officiating in the league by far (when he coached Tech) ?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Yeah, he's growing in the job...and he's really right on one thing (where Greenberg is wrong) - and that is this Duke team is a zone team...period. He's said it a lot lately, and I would agree.

As for Greenberg, is it just me, or was he actually the whiniest and most constant complainer about officiating in the league by far (when he coached Tech) ?

I would say Duke is at their best playing zone now, but if Duke wants to win into April they need to be able to play man to man without getting their shirts handed to them. If they meet a team that shoots over their zone, they will be toast if they don't have a better defense in their back pocket. At least I assume that explains K's stubbornness in working the man to man.

And yes, Greenberg was/is the worst. He and Gary Williams could have had their own little ACC whiner's club (no one south of Virginia allowed).

HereBeforeCoachK
02-13-2018, 05:25 PM
I would say Duke is at their best playing zone now, but if Duke wants to win into April they need to be able to play man to man without getting their shirts handed to them. If they meet a team that shoots over their zone, they will be toast if they don't have a better defense in their back pocket. At least I assume that explains K's stubbornness in working the man to man.

And yes, Greenberg was/is the worst. He and Gary Williams could have had their own little ACC whiner's club (no one south of Virginia allowed).

Interesting thoughts...my thinking, and I assume Jay Will's also, based on what he's said - is that the work it will take to become a good man team would be time consuming and also involves a lot of mental and physical energy. I also think shooting over Duke's zone is not that easy, as long as they are, with even the guards being fairly tall with long arms. And the final thing I would say is the magic of a zone is not winning games with defense. The magic with a zone is that it frees up energy for offense.

So my recipe, for what it's worth, is be a respectable zone team (and trap some out of that) while blossoming into the best offensive team in the nation, which they surely can be.

Oh, yeah, Gary was kinda crazy too....and from observation, out sweated Seth...

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-17-2018, 07:21 AM
Posted this on another thread, but I saw somewhere that he was participating in some sort of game for NBA All-star weekend. Anyone have details?

And yes, I saw this same Game Day segment, and Jay seems to really be relaxing and having fun. Crowd likes him too.

Sadly, it was "white chocolate" Jason Williams.

jv001
02-17-2018, 09:49 AM

^ This, Jay has improved greatly since his early ESPN days. In the beginning Jay stuttered and was unsure of himself. Now he's this confident well spoken media guy who doesn't back down to Greenberg. I like him much more that the other Jay(Bilas) who is cocky and arrogant at times and it's a shame because he's really a smart guy. The only problem he let's you know it at every opportunity. I'll take the Jay Williams any day. GoDuke!