PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus's Quote

TwoDukeTattoos
03-08-2007, 08:04 AM
From the HeraldSun, these are DeMarcus's quotes regarding Duke's chances to win the ACC Title:

"It's not going to be easy, but it's definitely not impossible. It's definitely possible. We believe we can do that. We have a confidence, a swagger going into this tournament knowing that we're the defending champs. That's something year after year after year, and it's no different now."

Wow. I expected, perhaps, more passive comments. But to use the term "swagger" and the phrase "year after year after year" is something else. I am pumped and thrilled to see that he is publicly displaying his confidence in this Duke team and I'm sure his teammates share in his confidence!

Although I always want Duke to succeed at the highest level, initially, I was concerned about the possibility of Duke's playing four games in four days heading into the NCAA's. But now, I am more pumped than ever to see how well these Devils can do in this year's ACC Tourney! We may win none, we may win it all, but I look forward to the action.

blazindw
03-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I was amazed to recall that we have been in the last 9 ACC Tournament finals, winning 7 of them (the only losses coming in '98 to Chapel Hell and '04 to Maryland). That is an incredible streak. While we still have quite a bit of work to do, it's certainly possible to extend that streak. It all starts tonight though, let's take care of business against State!

Kewlswim
03-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi,

I'm worried. Big time. I just have a bad feeling about this game because the team has not played with the killer defense the last couple of games--I know, I know the matchups, made it thus. I like the idea of the team having a swaggar. I don't want them to feel over-confident though.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT TAKE STATE ALONG WITH YOU (at least tonight)

GO DUKE!

mph
03-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi,

I'm worried. Big time. I just have a bad feeling about this game because the team has not played with the killer defense the last couple of games--I know, I know the matchups, made it thus. I like the idea of the team having a swaggar. I don't want them to feel over-confident though.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT TAKE STATE ALONG WITH YOU (at least tonight)

GO DUKE!

I worry about this matchup more than I do a potential quarterfinal matchup against UVA, and not because G is suspended. That certainly doesn't help, but this game just feels like a dangerous game--we beat them badly earlier in the season, Astur is back, we could be looking toward a UVA matchup, etc.

DukeDevilDeb
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Trust me on this, Kewlswim, overconfidence is not a problem that this team has!

jipops
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Our defense has in fact struggled but that was in large part due to being inferior to the talent we've faced the last two games.

We may actually have a very tough time matching up with State in this one. They're bigger and quicker over-all. With Engin back they also have a steady senior floor leader. Without Henderson, I'd have to say the edge goes to State in this one. We pretty much lose all our scoring depth with his loss and G's defense will be missed. I'd actually be more surprised if we won this one than if we lost. Remember we basically beat State by forcing turnovers. This won't happen with Atsur at the point.

We could be in trouble here folks. We'll need some big games out of some unexpected sources including expected sources as well as play the kind of defense we saw back in the month of January in order to pull this one out.