PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Ga Tech (Feb 11, 2018)

JBDuke
02-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Georgia Tech tonight?

Furniture
02-11-2018, 08:19 PM
No question

drummerdevil
02-11-2018, 08:20 PM
And... already not unanimous. Dang it, whoever voted for Ques

weezie
02-11-2018, 08:21 PM
My goodness. Nice to vote for Grayson again.

lotusland
02-11-2018, 08:24 PM
GA for 23 and 6 in 39 minutes.

CDu
02-11-2018, 08:26 PM
19 points, 10 boards, 4 blocks gets it done for me.

Allen lost it for me with his turnovers late.

Devilwin
02-11-2018, 08:35 PM

I voted Wendell. Like you, Grayson's turnovers stopped me from voting for him. But he appeared to be getting his touch back.

Wander
02-11-2018, 08:36 PM

Man, I should go bump that whiny thread I created a few weeks ago. Carter was clearly the best player in the game, not to mention the added importance of him playing well with Bagley out.

(I accept an argument that Grayson's performance was potentially more important if the switch to him as starting PG is permanent, but I think a lot of people just voted for him for getting the high score).

drummerdevil
02-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Wow, Trevon's in there twice and probably won't get any votes still.

CDu
02-11-2018, 08:49 PM
Man, I should go bump that whiny thread I created a few weeks ago. Carter was clearly the best player in the game, not to mention the added importance of him playing well with Bagley out.

(I accept an argument that Grayson's performance was potentially more important if the switch to him as starting PG is permanent, but I think a lot of people just voted for him for getting the high score).

To be fair, I suspect it has more to do with circumstances than point total. Allen has been struggling so much recently that his first half was such a sight for sore eyes. He was also the catalyst for our great play for the first 25 minutes. So I suspect folks voted from that mindset. And I can get that.

But yeah, Carter was the man today. Just an absolute rock inside.

lotusland
02-11-2018, 09:46 PM

I didn’t like GA’s turnovers at the end but I did like his 10-10 from the line which kept GT from seriously threatening. Grayson had 4 TOs and 1 foul in 39 minutes. Carter had 4 fouls and 2 TOs in 34 minutes. Carter’s 4 blocks we’re huge but Grayson also got 4 boards and a steal. I think Carter had a another good game. I didn’t think it was clearly better than Grayson but I could have gone either way. Also another really good game by Trent with 15, 3 assists, 6 boards and 3 steals. Trent had only 1 TO but also 4 fouls.

Acymetric
02-11-2018, 09:54 PM
Grayson but could just have easily been Carter. Both guys played great!

jv001
02-11-2018, 09:54 PM
I could have gone either way(Carter or Grayson) but I went with Wendell. Grayson's turnovers at the end of the game kept me from giving him my vote. But it sure was good to see him aggressive again and he stepped up to hit the free throws at the end. So did Wendell. GoDuke!

rsvman
02-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Gotta give this one to Carter. Too many careless turnovers for Grayson, IMO. But I was glad to see him playing more aggressively and making a few more shots.

elvis14
02-11-2018, 10:42 PM
Grayson. It's not the numbers. Yeah, he had those. But when this game was won (meaning when we built that lead) Grayson was in total control of the game and was leading on both ends of the floor. For everyone else (WC, MB) there's numbers but they didn't lead, GA lead.

kAzE
02-12-2018, 10:39 AM
I voted Wendell. Like you, Grayson's turnovers stopped me from voting for him. But he appeared to be getting his touch back.

5 for 14 still leaves a fair amount of room for improvement, but he did look better driving the lane with Bagley out. Would like to see us try to get him more touches in the paint even when Bagley is back. Getting 10 free throws is a huge step in the right direction.