PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Streelman in Pebble Beach lead

revmel53
02-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Just the first day, but...

nmduke2001
02-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Just the first day, but...

I don't have the stats handy but I would guess that Streelman's round one scoring average (in relation to the field) is much better than his weekend average. He always seems to be top 10 after round one and middle of the pack by Sunday. At least that round one scoring gets him to weekend and a nice check for the week.

sagegrouse
02-08-2018, 05:38 PM
I don't have the stats handy but I would guess that Streelman's round one scoring average (in relation to the field) is much better than his weekend average. He always seems to be top 10 after round one and middle of the pack by Sunday. At least that round one scoring gets him to weekend and a nice check for the week.

Casual dissing today, are we? In 2014 Kevin Streelman won the Travelers by finishing with seven straight birdies to win by one shot. No one else has ever done that -- or come close.

nmduke2001
02-08-2018, 05:43 PM

So I checked.

Round 1
69th

Round 2
14th

Round 3
90th

Round 4
69th

So I guess he does his best work on the second round.
Edit, I think those stats are only for the current season, so that's not much help.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-08-2018, 10:36 PM
Making the cut not only earns you a check for the week, but making a certain number of cuts in you career, and I don't remember the number but it was like ~70 (Neal Lancaster told me a long time ago). But once you get there, it adds $3000 to your pension plan for each cut made. Well, $3000 was the number years ago, it may have gone up since then.

sagegrouse
02-08-2018, 11:43 PM
Making the cut not only earns you a check for the week, but making a certain number of cuts in you career, and I don't remember the number but it was like ~70 (Neal Lancaster told me a long time ago). But once you get there, it adds $3000 to your pension plan for each cut made. Well, $3000 was the number years ago, it may have gone up since then.

Kevn's career:

281 tournaments
195 cuts
32 top tens
2 wins
2 seconds
6 thirds
$16+ million in prize money

The prize money doesn't count the $1 million he won early in his career in the season-long "designated birdie hole" competition. He gave the money to his parents and in-laws.

sagegrouse
02-09-2018, 12:01 AM
Generous but is totally results-based, figured on cuts made plus FedEx Cup prize money deferred (all FedEx prize money is deferred for players outside of the Top Ten). Three years ago, a player's pension account received $4,500 for the first 15 cuts made and $9,000 for the cuts above that. A player totally vests with 150 cuts made (Kevin is at 195). His range for cuts made in ten full years on the Tour is between 17 and 19 plus highs of 20 and 24 and a low of 15. He has made all eight cuts this season.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Generous but is totally results-based, figured on cuts made plus FedEx Cup prize money deferred (all FedEx prize money is deferred for players outside of the Top Ten). Three years ago, a player's pension account received $4,500 for the first 15 cuts made and $9,000 for the cuts above that. A player totally vests with 150 cuts made (Kevin is at 195). His range for cuts made in ten full years on the Tour is between 17 and 19 plus highs of 20 and 24 and a low of 15. He has made all eight cuts this season.
It don’t suck! He’ll be comfortable in his old age. Where do I sign up!

nmduke2001
02-09-2018, 08:53 PM
Julian Suri t3 and Streelman t5. Suri playing on sponsor exemption. Playing well would do a lot toward earning his full time US Tour status sometime this season.

sagegrouse
02-10-2018, 04:44 PM
I see, said the blind man. I just noticed that Streelman, along with WR Larry Fitzgerald, is leading the Pro-Am portion of Pebble Beach by two shots at -29.

Kevin continues to play well on his own ball and is in the top ten.

arnie
02-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Kevin won’t win, but at least CBS covering some of his shots. Is currently 5th.

sagegrouse
02-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Kevin won’t win, but at least CBS covering some of his shots. Is currently 5th.

Kevin and Larry Fitzgerald are running away with the Pro-Am, leading by seven shots with two holes left.