PDA

View Full Version : ACC Preview # 12 - Duke

Bob Green
10-25-2007, 05:39 AM
Overall, a great job by DBR with this qoute summing things up nicely:

Finally, there is one element this team seems to have in abundance, and it hasn’t been picked up on yet, at least not broadly. Coach K has a term for a certain kind of player, which we won’t repeat other than to note that it’s twelve letters long and is at the center of the woes of Oedipus.

While I am not sure Sophocles would be thrilled by the reference to his masterpiece, I do agree that this edition of Duke basketball has the potential to live up to Duke fans elevated standards. Most fans would consider 22-11 a very good season, we have talked all spring and summer about last year's disappointing season!

Go DUKE!!!

Wander
10-25-2007, 08:01 AM
DBR wrote all these reviews without knowing where the three point line was going to be? Good job.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-25-2007, 09:19 AM
DBR wrote all these reviews without knowing where the three point line was going to be?

Details, schmeetails. We don't need no stinkin' details!

cajundevil74
10-25-2007, 10:09 AM
In my opinion, Henderson is a huge key to our season and will be our best player. Late last season he was starting to break out and was spectacular at times. I can't believe people aren't talking more about him.

CajunDevil74

SMO
10-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I can't believe most starting lineups I've seen don't include him. If he's not a starter then this team has to be really friggin good.

In my opinion, Henderson is a huge key to our season and will be our best player. Late last season he was starting to break out and was spectacular at times. I can't believe people aren't talking more about him.

CajunDevil74

The Gordog
10-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I can't believe most starting lineups I've seen don't include him. If he's not a starter then this team has to be really friggin good.

I made my prediction based on his diagnosis of exercise-induced asthma. Now that we know this was wrong I'll revisit that thread.

Rich
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
DBR wrote all these reviews without knowing where the three point line was going to be? Good job.

Where is the 3 point line this year? Did they move it back or does that kick in for 2008-09?

Wander
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
It stays the same this season. Changes for 08-09.

VaDukie
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM

With the range our guys have, do you really think that will make a significant difference?

Wander
10-25-2007, 02:42 PM
With the range our guys have, do you really think that will make a significant difference?

Absolutely.

Classof06
10-25-2007, 03:21 PM

I agree. I think Gerald will arguably be our best player and I think he should start. But don't be shocked to see Gerald be the 6th man that plays starters' minutes.

zingit
10-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Overall, a great job by DBR with this qoute summing things up nicely:

While I am not sure Sophocles would be thrilled by the reference to his masterpiece, I do agree that this edition of Duke basketball has the potential to live up to Duke fans elevated standards. Most fans would consider 22-11 a very good season, we have talked all spring and summer about last year's disappointing season!

Go DUKE!!!

Okay, I'm feeling really stupid here . . . but I can't for the life of me think of what word they are referring to! Can anyone help me out?

yancem
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
I made my prediction based on his diagnosis of exercise-induced asthma. Now that we know this was wrong I'll revisit that thread.

Misdiagnosis? Where did you hear that? Did I miss something?

Troublemaker
10-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Okay, I'm feeling really stupid here . . . but I can't for the life of me think of what word they are referring to! Can anyone help me out?

Suggested rule for someone answering this: you're not allowed to say it outright. Because it would ruin the fun. Only use clues the way DBR did.

Troublemaker
10-25-2007, 06:51 PM

Clue: Yippee-ki-yay, ____________

I hope you didn't watch those movies on network TV, or else you'll think the answer is (monotone) "Big Falcon"

zingit
10-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Ah, OK, got it. Haha, nice clue. I actually did think of that word, but I thought, "DBR can't be referring to that."

Troublemaker
10-25-2007, 07:01 PM

zingit -- you, too, can figure it out.

Clue:

1. Discotheque
2. Do You Feel Loved
3. ______
4. If God Will Send His Angels
5. Staring At The Sun
12. Wake Up Dead Man

Troublemaker
10-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Ah, OK, got it. Haha, nice clue. I actually did think of that word, but I thought, "DBR can't be referring to that."

Yeah, I think the usage of that word to describe bball players grew out of the internet, but that word has become akin to "badass" and every team needs one.