PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma linebacker to transfer after graduation.

53n206
02-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Oklahoma linebacker, H-back, will transfer after graduation this spring. Has full release. From Richmond, highly rated as high school player. Might be a good fit for our Devils

sagegrouse
02-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Oklahoma linebacker, H-back, will transfer after graduation this spring. Has full release. From Richmond, highly rated as high school player. Might be a good fit for our Devils

Here's some dope from the Sooner web site:

A
ccording to a report from SoonerScoop.com (which was later confirmed by The Oklahoman and The Tulsa World), the Oklahoma Sooners will lose Ricky DeBerry following the spring semester as he intends to leave OU as a graduate transfer. DeBerry is a former blue-chip linebacker recruit, but he was never able to break through on defense and ended up switching to H-back during the 2017 season. He has been granted a full release by Oklahoma.

chrishoke
02-02-2018, 09:48 AM
Can he kick field goals?

JasonEvans
02-02-2018, 10:00 AM
There will be a lot of grad transfers (and regular transfers) in coming months. Unless the person is somehow linked to Duke, I'm not sure why we would comment on it. There are dozens of potential landing spots for kids like this. I'm not sure why we would waste cyberspace on it until something more is known. I mean, if they were once seriously considering Duke, like Travis Reid, that would be one thing, but this kid is just a random Oklahoma player. I don't really get it.

53n206
02-02-2018, 10:15 AM
There will be a lot of grad transfers (and regular transfers) in coming months. Unless the person is somehow linked to Duke, I'm not sure why we would comment on it. There are dozens of potential landing spots for kids like this. I'm not sure why we would waste cyberspace on it until something more is known. I mean, if they were once seriously considering Duke, like Travis Reid, that would be one thing, but this kid is just a random Oklahoma player. I don't really get it.

I think he is a good student, might be a very good player if healthy, but primaraly because he comes from just up the road, Richmond

jimsumner
02-02-2018, 09:25 PM
Grad-student transfers to Duke actually have to get into grad school at Duke.

That thins the herd quite a bit.

And linebacker is not a real need for next season. Duke's linebackers are pretty good.